Intro - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Announcements, and Introductions > Introductions!

Notices

Old 08-29-2014, 10:06 PM
MJK73 should change his/her status!
Stranger

Default Intro

Hello, My name is Matt. I turned 41 yesterday and have always been pretty skinny. I am about 5'9" and when I graduated High school I weighed about 120lbs. I couldnt seem to put on weight at all.

Now im 41 and about 170 lbs which is a decent weight but it seems to mostly gather around my waist. I still have skinny arms and legs. I have been watching what I eat and trying to get my weight down. I have lost about 10 lbs, but I would like to get more muscular.

When I pick up my kids at school in particular I see alot of dads in good shape and I envy that, particularly the bigger arms. My arms I believe (cant find the tape measure atm) are about 12.5 inches around flexing.

I have a weight bench with bar and some dumb bells and am here in hopes of getting some advice on a decent work out that I can start from my home.

I didnt read the other intros on this page so perhaps I overshared, apologies if so.

Thanks and I look forward to the community..
Old 09-02-2014, 01:56 PM
Commander is enjoying bodybuilding
Super Moderator

Welcome to ABC

James 1:16-17 ESV
Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
With God's help...Mens sana in corpore sano
Old 09-02-2014, 08:10 PM
heavygainer is Watching COPs and thankful I'm not the person I used to be.
Stranger

Matt welcome to ABC and I will help you anyway I can.

If you are wanting to "bulk" up, we call that hyperplasia, which is add more muscle. Hyperplasia can be accomplished by lifting heavy weights. I would suggest looking at this article on dieting: http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/custo...lking_diet.pdf and this workout program http://stronglifts.com

This exercise program focuses on compound movements that incorporate more than one muscle to accomplish the lifting. The exercises you will use is Squat, Bench Press, Bent-Over Rows, Shoulder Press, and Deadlifts. I know you said you have a bench, but, you can perform a clean and press and then squat. It will be difficult to clean and press 300 pounds but this program will get you started.

Make sure you watch YouTube videos by John Parrillo about fascia stretching during your workout to get as much muscle growth as you possibly can.

Good luck on your progress and let me know if I can be of greater help.