wife weight loss - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > In Depth Nutrition

Notices

Old 07-30-2015, 05:43 PM
weightbanger is Lurking

Default wife weight loss

Hello all,
Trying to formulate a plan for my wife to lose weight. She doesn't like anything healthy, when I make her eat it she its very LITTLE, like under 800 calories. she weighs 145 lbs, 5'2. only thing that has worked before is paleo/keto but she doesn't like that. We are doing strength training at the gym but I have her at 1500 cals. I keep reading that calories are calories so I'm trying it. Even if its like 50 % healthy/ 50 % fast food (tons of carbs). I want something that she can stick to for weight loss. I had her do a mini bulk but she bloats really fast and I can tell she gets depressed. I have her doing a mens strength program with me so that we both can get stronger. we get taxed every workout. I am unsure how its supposed to work for women, in weight loss. I need help!

keep in mind she doesn't want to eat pure strict otherwise she loses her appetite and doesn't eat enough.

Thanks
Old 07-30-2015, 07:12 PM
Commander is enjoying bodybuilding
Super Moderator

Has she considered the inside of her body?

There is more to this than just looking good, feeding your body fast food (even if it fits within your calories total and macros) isn't healthy long term.

Ironically, if she is trying to lose weight and eating healthy lowers her appetite, wouldn't that be a good thing?

Healthy food SHOULD be more filling/satisfying and reduce overall hunger. Crap food, on the other hand, engages centers of the brain that make you crave it more.

Healthy food creates POSITIVE cycles while crap food creates VICIOUS cycles.

James 1:16-17 ESV
Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
With God's help...Mens sana in corpore sano

Last edited by Commander; 07-30-2015 at 07:14 PM.
Old 07-30-2015, 10:30 PM
weightbanger is Lurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander View Post
Has she considered the inside of her body?

There is more to this than just looking good, feeding your body fast food (even if it fits within your calories total and macros) isn't healthy long term.

Ironically, if she is trying to lose weight and eating healthy lowers her appetite, wouldn't that be a good thing?

Healthy food SHOULD be more filling/satisfying and reduce overall hunger. Crap food, on the other hand, engages centers of the brain that make you crave it more.

Healthy food creates POSITIVE cycles while crap food creates VICIOUS cycles.
of course crap food creates those cycles. I give her the macros after she eats junk food but hits 1500 cals and its mainly carbs and sugars. When I eat pure junk food I can eat about 4000-5000 calories without even realizing it. If I eat clean I'm full with about 1800-2000 calories.

Like I said, she eats very little (sub 1000 calories) if she eats clean. I don't want that because she has problems losing weight. her metabolism is jacked as is mine.

I just don't know what to do for a regular person, not interested in bodybuilding, but is willing to go workout with me, and listens to me for the most part. What can I do nutrition wise for her to lose weight. I can tell her the whole "what's going on inside her body" but she won't care. I am just being honest lol.
Old 07-31-2015, 04:11 PM
Commander is enjoying bodybuilding
Super Moderator

As you mentioned in your first post, do your best to get her to 1500 calories (or whatever amount seems to keep her weight stable) utilizing mostly healthy foods but some unhealthy foods if necessary.

Since she likes to eat junk carbs/fat, keep most of the healthy stuff from protein sources, forget about trying to get her to eat rice or potatoes, just make sure she is eating some lean beef, chicken, fish, eggs, or whey protein.

You mentioned in the most recent post that you think her metabolism is jacked. Therefore, DO NOT focus on losing fat/weight loss just yet. You must gradually build her metabolism by incremental increases in calories (mostly from carbohydrates). We are talking like 10 to 15 grams per week increases (only 40 to 60 calories).

Once her metabolism gets much faster (and we are talking months here), only then should she approach a fat loss phase.

Please watch this video from natural bodybuilder and scientist Layne Norton:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHHzie6XRGk

James 1:16-17 ESV
Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
With God's help...Mens sana in corpore sano
Old Yesterday, 01:08 PM
weightbanger is Lurking

Thanks commander I appreciate your insight! I will relay this info.