Strained muscle - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Injury Analysis

Notices

Old 08-28-2014, 10:33 PM
Hungryskelet should change his/her status!
Stranger

Default Strained muscle

Hello guys, few weeks ago I strained left my pec muscle. Now, when I realised the pain won't go away, I'm looking for something that would make this go away and even fasten the rehabilitation.

Also I would like to ask if there's something you could do to prevent this. I was thinking about stretching before every workout but there's very little bout stretching on ABC afaik. I've read lots of articles and stretching was only mentioned few times in a sentence or two. Also I would benefit from stretching because I have alot of muscular imbalances, especially in back. So if you guys know any good ABC article about stretching or even some good book, please let me know.
Old 08-29-2014, 12:14 PM
Commander is enjoying bodybuilding
Super Moderator

Here is a helpful link:
http://www.hopkinsortho.org/orthoped...ry/strain.html

James 1:16-17 ESV
Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
With God's help...Mens sana in corpore sano
Old 09-10-2014, 05:59 PM
amino is probably eating
Lightweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hungryskelet View Post
Also I would like to ask if there's something you could do to prevent this. I was thinking about stretching before every workout but there's very little bout stretching on ABC afaik. I've read lots of articles and stretching was only mentioned few times in a sentence or two.
I can't remember where I read it, probably in the Bulk Workout article, but PrezWilson suggested a warm-up set of 50% of your first actual set's target weight. I seem to remember that over stretching was frowned upon and could lead to injuries easier. So that's what I've been doing for years.

Regarding rehabilitation, only you can judge what your body tells you. But I'll often times do a light set daily that stretches the sore area. Idea is to keep the blood flowing and muscle repair stimulation. Don't let up on your protein intake.

Good Luck.