From the beginning! An in depth discussion on Genesis. - Page 2 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Recreation > The Sanctuary

Notices

Old 03-06-2014, 06:57 AM
Birthright1 is The Master Blaster PUMP Master
Light-Heavyweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickck48 View Post
6 And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.
The firmament as stated in Merriam Webster Dictionary is an arch, this arch I would think would be the sky and curvature of the stars. {JEREMIAH 10:12 He hath made the earth by his power, he hath established the world by his wisdom, and hath stretched out the heavens by his discretion.} Here I see the prophet Jeremiah was taught to remind us og how God made this place earth. The Hebrew explanation: {firmament: Heb. expansion}

7 And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so.

Here I see a division of the waters in what I first thought was the Heavens. Now I must look at the firmament: the heavens or the arch. What are the waters that I need to know so I can have that really good understanding. I know there was water on earth because the face of the deep could be that water.
6 And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.
7 And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so.
8 And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day.

I agree and i think maybe the arch is a description of evaopration and how water is placed upon the earth...the life cycle of H2O.

9 And God said, Let the waters under the heaven be gathered together unto one place, and let the dry land appear: and it was so.

WoW the water is seperated and its own!

10 And God called the dry land Earth; and the gathering together of the waters called he Seas: and God saw that it was good.

Simple one here sure the tectonic plates were moving this day!

11 And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so.
12 And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good.
13 And the evening and the morning were the third day.

So the third day he set us up with some land some water and grass, grains and fruit trees.

I like looking at this slowly and taking it all in like this. Makes it easy to remember exactly how it happened.

Now we look at
14 And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:
15 And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so.
16 And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.
17 And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth,
18 And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good.
19 And the evening and the morning were the fourth day.

Which we went over when we talked about
3. And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.
4. And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.
5. And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

Now what do you think of what comes next?
20 And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that hath life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven.

21 And God created great whales, and every living creature that moveth, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

22 And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth.

23 And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

Whales...the first mamals! Maybe? And now our seas are filled!
Lo, they do call to me
They bid me take my place among them in the Halls of Valhalla
Where the brave may live
Forever.

"Either you lift it or you don't."
Jesse Dawson Marunde
Old 03-08-2014, 02:59 AM
rickck48 is tryin harder!
Middleweight

Now we look at
14 And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:
15 And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so.
16 And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.
17 And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth,
18 And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good.
19 And the evening and the morning were the fourth day.

Which we went over when we talked about
3. And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.
4. And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.
5. And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

Now what do you think of what comes next?
20 And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that hath life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven.

21 And God created great whales, and every living creature that moveth, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

22 And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth.

23 And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

Whales...the first mammals! Maybe? And now our seas are filled!

13, 14 has to the degree of explaining the lights, BUT I find something else.
Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:
This where our signs are to be used for our good.

Verses 16 thru 19 is in my mind, shown in all the light verses.

Verse 20 shows me something a little different.
The moving of the waters brought forth moving creatures? As I see it God commanded the waters to do this act.
Verse 21 and 22 have been explained earlier. I see no more at this time.

Verse 23, This was the 5th day. I see no rushing to God's work because, his time could be longer to do this work or even quicker. Does the 5th day mean anything to God? I think not but man established days and hours etc. Here is where I see the big bang theory, GOD spoke and the big bang took place.

Goal: NOT there Yet, But haven't quit either!

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Old 03-08-2014, 05:26 PM
Touchstone is a miracle in progress
Stranger

The most awesome thing I've learned from Genesis 1 came from studying it with my Strong's Concordance at hand.

The Hebrew word that is translated as "man" in v26 is 'zakar.' The literal translation includes "the remembering one." So what is man to remember? He is to remember God - His character, authority, and precepts.

God created man to have dominion over the Earth with the intention that we remember Him and emulate Him. Genesis also tells us that we are created in God's image. Looking ahead to Chapter 2, God tells Adam to name all the creatures. Together, this tells me we are to emulate God by speaking His order into the darkness of this world.
Old 03-10-2014, 06:41 PM
Middleweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Touchstone View Post
The most awesome thing I've learned from Genesis 1 came from studying it with my Strong's Concordance at hand.

The Hebrew word that is translated as "man" in v26 is 'zakar.' The literal translation includes "the remembering one." So what is man to remember? He is to remember God - His character, authority, and precepts.

God created man to have dominion over the Earth with the intention that we remember Him and emulate Him. Genesis also tells us that we are created in God's image. Looking ahead to Chapter 2, God tells Adam to name all the creatures. Together, this tells me we are to emulate God by speaking His order into the darkness of this world.

Hello Touchstone, glad to have you here with us. Bithright1 started this and I joined in with him. I love slow and deep we can get into each verse. Jesus Christ is Lord. I am waiting for BR1 to start the next set of scriptures. AMEN

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Old 03-11-2014, 04:48 AM
Birthright1 is The Master Blaster PUMP Master
Light-Heavyweight

Smile

Hey we donít have to wait for me...Please feel free to hijack this anytime. I just write when i have a free moment, I love knowledge and love to learn about all religions. I am up for any direction any of these scriptures may lead us. I put no limitations on God whatsoever! Nor anything else that i could not possibly know all about. I just love discussion. I love that you know some Hebrew Touchstone. I am still pondering "man" in v26 is 'zakar.' The literal translation includes "the remembering one." I love things that make me think...I love that you posted this. WOW!!! Off to think about it be back with more to write soon

rickck48 What do you think the days are that God speaks of? Our day is based on how long it takes our planet to rotate and our year on how long it takes us to circle our star. So if God has created all then he either made the center from which he concludes his time from or he is the center. So would that make his days like light years or would it be a literal day in the time of man? This one is just a thinker...opinions will rule our answers but I am excited to see what we come up with for this!
Lo, they do call to me
They bid me take my place among them in the Halls of Valhalla
Where the brave may live
Forever.

"Either you lift it or you don't."
Jesse Dawson Marunde
Old 03-21-2014, 06:53 PM
Middleweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birthright1 View Post

rickck48 What do you think the days are that God speaks of? Our day is based on how long it takes our planet to rotate and our year on how long it takes us to circle our star. So if God has created all then he either made the center from which he concludes his time from or he is the center. So would that make his days like light years or would it be a literal day in the time of man? This one is just a thinker...opinions will rule our answers but I am excited to see what we come up with for this!

During my study of the Bible which is the Holy Word of GOD to me. I find "light" or "Light" being shown to us in everything except evil or sin. I have found many commentaries that somewhat disagree with me, but I find the God, Creator and Redeemer to be the center Light for us.
My reasoning is because what was said in Genesis "let us make man in our imagine." He made us to be his companion and to keep company with him. You read in "Ex 34:14 For thou shalt worship no other god: for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God:"
This verse brings to me that we are only his. I hope this is understandable.

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Old 06-26-2014, 02:47 AM
Touchstone is a miracle in progress
Stranger

Default Where is wisdom

God hides wisdom in the Holy Spirit so the intellectually and religiously proud can't find it on their own.

But what is wisdom? A certain amount of knowledge? I believe that wisdom is the correct application of God's will. That would imply that one must first come to know God's will. But knowing it is not wisdom. It's active. It requires application.

I'm amazed that while our efforts/deeds fall short, God can use them. We may not be fully correct in our application, but what a blessing that God uses our efforts for more than we can imagine.

Tags
bible, creation, evolution, genesis, god