need a workout plan for me - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Hardcore Training

Notices

Old 11-05-2013, 10:12 PM
weightbanger should change his/her status!
Stranger

Default need a workout plan for me

I am in need of a workout plan that I can do. I have extreme shortness of breath(out of breath just from standing up) so when I tried following the 13 weeks to fat burning, the supersets were causing me to get too light headed and extremely out of breath. My heart would surge and pump like crazy. I also can only jog for about 20-25 seconds before my back aches and I am too out of breath. I am 6'4 male, 296 lbs and I need to lose weight bad. I want to improve my health but it is hard with my issues. I also get muscle soreness within 10 minutes of a workout... yes DOMS...that fast. All these problems happend after I had a year of panic attacks. My adrenaline is all screwed up. Doctors are stumped.
Thanks
Old 11-06-2013, 01:08 AM
Gregsimo is on a one way road to mass gaining
Middleweight

You need to step back and not do the 13 weeks for fat burning straight away. My guess is that you have little to no experience of exercising regularly and as such you have no idea what your physical capabilities are.
You have to walk before you can run. So don't rush into a full blooded workout and exhaust yourself. You'll find that your stamina (endurance) is not good. What you will be surprised at is that you'll actually be pretty strong as you are carrying your frame round daily and that requires effort on its own.
Focus on slowly building up endurance, i.e aim for 120-180 minutes of cardiovascular work a week total, spread equally over 3-4 days e.g. cycling/ walking / cross trainer. Exercise wise use body weight exercises like kneeling planks, then full planks, glute bridges, kneeling pressups, bodyweight squats. Core exercises that will help you develop core strength and posture. Even 30 minutes 3 times a week will help you get started.
Just building up intensity and then the time spent on cardiovascular work. Doing these will result in progression and potential fat burning.

Your main focus should primarily be dietary
. There's got to be a 110% effort into diet as this will give you the greatest results and transformation, more than exercising will at your current stage in life. Exercise will become more important when you are at the stage of maintaining or increasing existing muscle mass and boosting your metabolism to further aid your fat loss goals.

One thing I would definitely advise is that you contact your physician and discuss exercising and dietary requirements with them before you even attempt any form of exercise.
They should have knowledge and contacts which will help and advise you so that your health is always put first.

Also you mention issues. ''I want to improve my health but it is hard with my issues.''
Get the support of family and loved ones. Issues disappear when those around you support what you want to achieve. And equally don't let anyone get in your way. If you 100% want to lose weight then go for it.

Last edited by Gregsimo; 11-06-2013 at 01:19 PM.
Old 11-06-2013, 03:13 AM
arian11 is 500 deadlift achieved, time for a 500 squat!
Light-Heavyweight

I agree with what was said above.

-Start by walking every day for however long you can.
-Make healthier dietary choices and lose fat through caloric deficit.
-Find a good physician/dietician/etc. to help you with your specific needs.

"Technique is always the first place to begin when striving to improve at a specific skill."
My YouTube Page
Old 11-06-2013, 03:21 PM
Stranger

Thanks Greg and Arian. I am not new to working out(I worked out in 2005 and lost 100 lbs with this site.) It has just been so long and I gained my weight back. Including all my issues that I have now. Doctors and family say my breathing and fatigue issues are due to my weight...thing is, when I was first this fat I didn't have these problems. It all started after having all these panic/anxiety issues. I think it's cortisol/mind/adrenaline related, I just don't know.

One other thing, I AM ALWAYS HUNGRY. when I was eating clean, or dirty, or whatever...I am just always hungry. I think its stress hunger or something. Is this because my body is toxic from eating bad all these years and my mind is craving fatty food?

Once again, thanks for the replies.
Old 11-06-2013, 05:20 PM
Middleweight

A lot of it may be down to the pressures of life, I know a lot of people who have a stressful day and the first thing they do is reach for a bag of potato chips and can of cola. Most of that desire is psychological as people associate eating junk food as relief. It becomes a negative feedback loop in that some people are stressed out and have issues due to their weight, as such they comfort eat to feel better. They gain more weight and the circle of self hate continues. If this is you there is only one way out. Believing in yourself. Good thing is that you have done it before. Try and get yourself back into the mindset you had last time round.
As for craving fatty food, again its the feel good about eating a greasy but yummy 4oz burger. Everyone likes it! But a healthy diet isn't as boring as people make other think.
Your main focus should be at first calorie reduction. Just focus on that. Substitute items in your diet that are calorie rich for bulky items with less macros in. E.g. rice cakes, wheat crackers etc.
I won't go into detail on this subject as your doctor should know more than I do. So listen to their advice.

Just one question for you. Are the panic attacks/anxiety due to work, home life or your weight?
Old 11-06-2013, 06:06 PM
Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregsimo View Post

Just one question for you. Are the panic attacks/anxiety due to work, home life or your weight?
The panic attacks and anxiety were related to health. I am a hypochondriac. I have gotten it down a lot though. Basically if I thought I had an illness, the symptoms would develop immediately. It was that bad. Heart attack, MS, ALS, brain tumor, DVT, etc. I now live and cope with GAD symptoms 24/7. It is what it is.
Old 11-06-2013, 08:56 PM
Middleweight

massive respect for living with such a condition. I think the fact that you are talking about turning your health around and wanting to lose weight is great.
Hope all goes well and keep us update with your progress.