Just a check-in! - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Recreation > Members' Discussion:

Notices

Old 10-01-2013, 11:43 PM
Algavinn is transforming myself and others into avatars of health.
Middleweight

Default Just a check-in!

Tally ho everyone!

Every once in a while I just like to throw up a post like this to see what everyone's up to and how life and lifting is going, especially as I only tend to do so every few months at most (life is so busy!). At 50+ hours a week and no internet at home I don't get to post much anymore, so how is everyone doing?

Since I last posted, more or less, I finished at the National Personal Training Institute, 100%ing all of their finals, A on every test, passed my NASM CPT, and after a few quiet months have a building practice of several clients and growing! Before long I can quit my dayjob and focus more on research and study (I focus on corrective exercise and endocrine function, so a lot of post-rehab and diabetic care), expanding my publishing repertoire (amazon book publishing), and other business ventures. Also as of this last weekend I am now engaged, so things are going well!

Hope to hear everyone in the community doing well!

"We must not forget that even in the most perverted and cruel human being, as long as he is human, a small grain of love and compassion exists that will make him, one day, a Buddha." -Dalai Lama

Thrivebodybalance.com
Old 10-03-2013, 10:49 PM
rickck48 is tryin harder!
Middleweight

Doing well and a TYPE II here but life is great. Hey congrats for your engagement, I bet you are a blessed man and she has herself a great catch also. May your futures be so bright and lasting together. RTR!

Goal: NOT there Yet, But haven't quit either!

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Old 10-09-2013, 12:05 AM
Middleweight

True on all counts, and thank you Rick!

How do you find your Type II affects your fitness, health, and workout routines if you don't mind me asking?

"We must not forget that even in the most perverted and cruel human being, as long as he is human, a small grain of love and compassion exists that will make him, one day, a Buddha." -Dalai Lama

Thrivebodybalance.com
Old 10-09-2013, 12:49 PM
10forty2 is Back In Da House!!
Heavyweight

We're some of the few posters on here anymore, so I'll chime in and say life is going GREAT! Workout routine is still making positive gains each day, as is the overall effect on my body. Feeling better than I have in a long time and a much better mental attitude. Still struggle to get the proper nutrition due to my work schedule, but am getting better.

Took a short vacation last week to do some riding on the Hawg. Got in about 700 miles in 4 days, and spent some quality time with my bride of 23 years. We get so busy with life that we sometimes forget to live! Rode from my hometown to Myrtle Beach, SC for the Fall Harley Rally and did some riding along the coastline to and from some of the events there. Then back home. Had some gorgeous weather for this time of year. Normally it's on the cool side, but this year it was in the upper 80s the entire time. Lot's of beautiful machines to look at!
Old 10-09-2013, 07:13 PM
rickck48 is tryin harder!
Middleweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Algavinn View Post
True on all counts, and thank you Rick!

How do you find your Type II affects your fitness, health, and workout routines if you don't mind me asking?

You know I find that my diabetes doesn't slow me, because I walk a lot before I try and work out on my fitness. I have started back with chronic back problems very slow and light. High Reps and no more than 2 sets per body part unless it is something completely away from my back. I love the lifestyle and the VA tells me I can never do anything again but I have a touch with the doctor that made my body. He is on my side so we will do all things he wants me to. I use a system I call "SWANK" Slow Walking And No Kidding.

Goal: NOT there Yet, But haven't quit either!

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Old 10-10-2013, 08:30 AM
Ratcat is lifting heavy in less time.
Light-Heavyweight

SWANK. I love it. What ever it takes, eh
Old 10-20-2013, 11:57 AM
Ratcat is lifting heavy in less time.
Light-Heavyweight

I've just finished a back workout and then home for the shake. I love having a gym 15 minutes down the road. Now I'm going to fall in the big chair.
Old 10-25-2013, 08:48 PM
Middleweight

The sad and annoying thing I hear so many times is the opinion of the main medical world that diabetes II is forever...which makes no sense at it's foundation because regardless of how it arose, the functional problem is an imbalance between hormone levels and the need the body has for that hormone. I hear similar things for back injuries at times and it seems like the practitioners have no idea what they're on about.

Thrivebodybalance.com
Old 10-28-2013, 02:18 AM
Hammer should change his/her status!

Hey, nice to meet you. Your the type of guy this world needs more of young man. Guys who believe they can do it. Just do it and it will be done. All the best Algavinn. Look at what the Dalai Lama has told you. Got to love it.