Meals Ready to Eat - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > In Depth Nutrition

Notices

Old 05-06-2009, 08:09 PM
LocalRedHead is STILL dealing with a shoulder injury.
Rookie

Default Meals Ready to Eat

We all know about the military and their MRE's but has anyone actually done anything like an MRE in the bodybuilding and fitness industry?

I'm talking about pre-cooked and pre-packaged foods, like a single serving of chicken breast, individually packaged and cooked and ready to go.

The reason why I ask this is because, in my life I've identified a convenience need here, most people like me just don't have enough time to do all this cooking and have to rely on supplements - BUT WHAT IF YOU DIDN'T HAVE TO?

I would opt for real food over a shake any day. It helps the satiation.

Do you guys think something like this can be done and done successfully for SERIOUS BODY BUILDERS and Gym Rats in mind?

This wouldn't be something you can go to Costco and get. It would be marketed specifically to the fitness industry.

Let me know what you guys think. Lately nutrition has become a huge interest of mine and I was thinking of how awesome it would be if someone had those things figured out and had the highest nutritional quality food already prepared for me.
Old 05-06-2009, 08:35 PM
keeptruckin should change his/her status!
Middleweight

It probably can be done. It's an issue of cost, as serious BBer food typically requires more protein, a high-quality protein at that, and is also focused on macro ratios.

I would like to see it myself. It would be really cool if the meals came in different macro combos.
Old 05-06-2009, 11:20 PM
Jinx5000 should change his/her status!
Middleweight

and the market and demand for those products would be very limited, so unless a major company that already exists has the extra money and is willing to take a chance in this economy, i dont think it's gonna happen any time soon, but it is possible
Old 05-07-2009, 12:25 AM
bigbear6708 is working hard
Heavyweight

just take one night a week to cook for the rest of the week...you can throw a weeks worth of chicken in a pan in the oven easy
Old 05-08-2009, 02:51 PM
superbilt is getting stronger than ever
Super-Heavyweight

MREs yum...I always enjoyed the beef stew and looked forward to peanut M&Ms and short bread cookies in mine.

Also, the occasional MRE bomb is fun lol.

I do not think a bodybuilding MRE would work well because Military MREs can last a long time and are loaded with sodium.

Anyway I just cook my lunch for the entire week on sunday. Chicken and vegetable stir fry. Everything else I eat is quick.
Once I stick to the program I am going to get really strong.
NO LIMITS!!
http://www.youtube.com/user/ironbilt727
Old 05-08-2009, 02:58 PM
DaveV is trying to burn up all that fat
Rookie

Jay Cutler's wife eats like that. All her meals are delivered to their house and portioned. In a big enough area (and especially somewhere like Vegas where vanity rules all) you could be very successful.
Old 05-08-2009, 03:17 PM
keeptruckin should change his/her status!
Middleweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveV View Post
Jay Cutler's wife eats like that. All her meals are delivered to their house and portioned. In a big enough area (and especially somewhere like Vegas where vanity rules all) you could be very successful.
I never thought about becoming wealthy off of the vanity of others. Hmm, I kind of like the idea!!

<open cheek, extract tongue>
Old 05-08-2009, 04:25 PM
rootb33r is probably at work, daydreaming about the gym
Heavyweight

Definitely could work... I've thought about it up here, but not enough affluence. I've also thought about private meal preparation, like going into someone's house and making them dinner or whatever. Of course, this would be expensive... but probably about the same price as going out to eat for a family of 4 (~$100). Could be afforded by a lot of people I think.
Old 05-08-2009, 08:04 PM
bigbear6708 is working hard
Heavyweight

nutri system???
Old 01-21-2013, 05:26 AM
Eastem33 should change his/her status!
Stranger

It probably can be done. It's a problem of price, as serious BBer meals generally needs more proteins, a high-quality proteins at that, and is also targeted on macro percentages. I would like to see it myself. It would be really awesome if the foods came in different macro combinations.