Friday Ponderings - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Recreation > Members' Discussion:

Notices

Old 08-16-2013, 01:12 PM
10forty2 is Back In Da House!!
Heavyweight

Default Friday Ponderings

Well, made it through my first week back in the gym in 6 years. Today was arm day, and as I went through a routine of dumbell, barbell and concentration curls. seated dips, cable tricep extensions and push-downs, I remembered the dedication I once had for the lifestyle of a bodybuilder. I could feel the intensity welling up inside me as I confidently lifted the weight for another rep.

And then it hit me.... the pump that I used to love so much!! My biceps, were pumped up, swollen from the curling. My arms were so tight that I found it difficult to get that next rep in....Now THAT'S what I'm talking about! THAT'S what I remember so fondly. Feeling my accomplishment and gaining inspiration from it. Enough so to get an entire extra set in and further that feeling of being on top of the world!

Finishing that last set, taking off my gloves, wiping the sweat from my brow and walking to the truck, it came back to me that the brain is the most powerful bodybuilding tool we have. Mental attitude to stay the course, and acuity to focus on proper form and lifting technique. Ability to block out anything that distracts you from the next rep. Gaining control of your body to craft and refine each part. The pure, unadulterated connection between mind and muscle to hone the intensity of the lift and ultimately see the results. That's what separates a bodybuilder from those who go through the motions with no brain in the game.

Set goals, work hard and achieve those goals. Set higher goals, and work harder than before, but smarter with the knowledge that you gained from the first set of goals. Lift hard, concentrate and learn. Never, NEVER give up!!

Have a great weekend everyone!!
Old 08-16-2013, 03:55 PM
rickck48 is tryin harder!
Middleweight

Good Friday 10forthy2. I have had an interesting week. I know bodybuilders know the true feeling of pain. I saw several ways to post pain to the public this week. There are ways to have pride from it and there are ways to be embarrassed from it. Good pain helps growth and bad or harsh pain makes you weak from giving in to it. I have come to believe that one way to use pain is to bottle it up and let it fester till the next workout and then release it in a great day of lifting.
We are humans at this time until our time comes to be immortalized. We must face paing in a physical body. Everybody in the world just can't see how anybody could have pain worse than their own. I to feel this. When the DR.s told me because of my lower back (i.e. L-4 L-5 and S-1) I would not be able to do anything I did in the past. Now that was pain. Well I have begun a journey that each day one step forward is better than alternative. Today, I will use my pain to work toward a goal: feeling better today than yesterday. Is it working, hang on and I will let you know tomorrow. Hey you all have a great weekend.

Goal: NOT there Yet, But haven't quit either!

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!