Question about breakfast - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > In Depth Nutrition

Notices

Old 01-23-2015, 06:44 PM
jay311088 is thankful for every day of his life
Stranger

Default Question about breakfast

Hi guys! after listening to Dr Wilson`s radio podcast i wanted to give his ideas a try and so i did. As you all probably know, what he says is that the first meal of the day is gonna determine wether your body uses carbs or fats as an energy source during the rest of the day (and also to improve insulin sensitivity) he suggests having a low carb high fats breakfast because our muscles do not get depleted from the glycogen during the night, but only the liver does. So based on this i was wondering if I should eat a little more carbs when i do my morning cardio session or not? do my muscles get depleted by doing 15 mins of HIIT cardio? what about when i do 45 mins of steady cardio?
Thanks in advance
Old 01-26-2015, 12:53 PM
Commander is enjoying bodybuilding
Super Moderator

Depends on your goals.

Generally speaking, if fat loss is your goal, than do not add in more carbs, use the cardio as a way to generate more of a caloric deficit.

If you are currently seeking lean mass and you just do cardio for overall health reasons, than consider adding in a little carbs, but not many.

James 1:16-17 ESV
Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
With God's help...Mens sana in corpore sano
Old 01-26-2015, 02:01 PM
Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander View Post
Depends on your goals.

Generally speaking, if fat loss is your goal, than do not add in more carbs, use the cardio as a way to generate more of a caloric deficit.

If you are currently seeking lean mass and you just do cardio for overall health reasons, than consider adding in a little carbs, but not many.
My goal is to gain lean mass and i do cardio not only for health reasons but also because it helps me to stay leaner and i always take EAAS before.
I``ll be adding some more carb then. thanks a lot brother. i appreciate your help
Old 01-26-2015, 05:08 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay311088 View Post
My goal is to gain lean mass and i do cardio not only for health reasons but also because it helps me to stay leaner and i always take EAAS before.
I``ll be adding some more carb then. thanks a lot brother. i appreciate your help
Good choice, carbs or not you still get the health benefits plus it will help you recovery faster to aid in your lean mass goals.

And since you want to stay leaner, just attempt to fine tune it, if you see yourself getting a bit softer than you'd like, then dial back the carbs a bit.

Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
Old 01-26-2015, 07:30 PM
Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander View Post
Good choice, carbs or not you still get the health benefits plus it will help you recovery faster to aid in your lean mass goals.

And since you want to stay leaner, just attempt to fine tune it, if you see yourself getting a bit softer than you'd like, then dial back the carbs a bit.
awesome. thanks a lot for the great advice
Old 01-27-2015, 12:37 PM
Super Moderator

No problem