Hello, im back - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > In Depth Nutrition

Notices

Old 07-16-2013, 06:48 PM
Dsilowka3 should change his/her status!
Stranger

Default Hello, im back

Hey Guys,

It's been a long time since ive been on here. Ive recently decided I need to get back in shape and in general be healthier. Life has been pretty hectic so i've let myself go eating terrible food for years now. Ive put on about 60+ lbs over the last few years especially. So im starting a diet

Im hoping you guys can help critique my typical daily food intake and improve on it where its neeeded. Thanks in advance for all your help.

Typical day:
Wake up at 7am
by 7:30am - 2 eggs, scrambled, w/ peppers and onions cooked in coconut oil
half of a grapefruit
coffee (black)
cup of water
(im thinking of incorporating some oats, thoughts?)

*go in to work around 9am most days

10-10:30am - 1 cup of greek yogurt either plain or vanilla.

1-1:30pm - Lunch - half can of Tuna three days a week with an avacado otherwise leftovers from the dinner the night before chicken, salad, vegetables etc again all split in half.

4-4:30 - 1 cup of blueberries

7-7:30 - the remaining half of my tuna and avacado or leftovers from the night before

*typically i get out of work late around 9pm or am able to be home and cook food again around this time.

9:30-10 - generally I try to keep it light, fresh vegetables, chicken or fish.

I try to be asleep around 11, latest midnight. I know im lacking in the sleep department but ive been this way for years and I dont notice huge effects of fatigue etc. as long as i get 6-8 hours a night im usually ok.

Thanks again!!!
Old 07-17-2013, 12:08 PM
Commander is enjoying bodybuilding
Super Moderator

While healthy, the diet may be a little drastic to start with.

What I mean is, if you are used to 350g carbs per day as an example when you were overeating, than you can probably lose weight on 250g carbs per day. But it would seem that your carbs are already very low.

Your diet is obviously healthy in terms of food selection; good sources of protein and healthy fats, no processed foods, includes fresh fruit/vegetables, etc. Therefore, the issues at the end of the day will be 1) total calories consumed vs. total calories burned and 2) what your exercise regime is like.

Regarding #1, I woud make your caloric deficit 500 to 750 calories to start based on your current diet. That should give you room to bump down calories several times when you get stuck.

How long have you been doing the current diet? My concern is that it is too low in carbs/calories and that when your weight loss stalls (which it will), you will have no options.

I would add the oats in as you asked about.

Regarding #2, make sure you are doing some type of weight training to tell your body to maintain muscle while in a caloric deficit.

James 1:16-17 ESV
Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
With God's help...Mens sana in corpore sano
Old 07-17-2013, 02:00 PM
Dsilowka3 should change his/her status!
Stranger

Thank you for your input! To expand on this a little, how would I go about determining what my old caloric count would be as most of my dinner and for the most part lunch would be eating out. Would it be a good idea to estimate the amount of calories and go from there. monitor weight week-by-week and see whats giving the best results over the course of say a month and use that as a starting point?

As for exercising, im not doing much of anything at the moment. I try to get in 2-3 days of resistance training and 1-2 days of cardio (mountain biking) but this is not routine. Eventually id like to get back into jogging. Perhaps this may help as a boost when I plateau?

I have just started three days ago which is also why im posting here as I know you guys all know what your talking about and will give me the best possible advice to be successful.

Oats will be added to morning then would it be wise to add some kind of carb in the afternoon as well? perhaps some nuts or something?

As for maintaining what muscle I do have left... would you recommend supplements? Ideally id like to get most if not all of my vitamins and minerals from foods but I do understand this is a very difficult task. Glutamine? Amino Acids? perhaps added vit B? anything else you might recommend?

Thanks again for your time and advice!