shoulder/split help - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Hardcore Training

Notices

Old 03-21-2013, 09:27 PM
MorThanAConqeror should change his/her status!
Lightweight

Default shoulder/split help

My current
Day 1: Chest/tris(emphasis on chest)
Day 2: Back/bis(emphasis on back)
Day 3: Legs/shoulders
Day 4: Rest
Day 5: Tris/Chest(emphasis on tris)
Day 6: Bis/back(emphasis on bis)
Day 7: Legs/shoulders
Day 8: Rest
repeat

I want to place special emphasis on chest and shoulder growth without changing this split. The problem im having is I feel my shoulders are not working at full capacity after tiring them out two days in a row and while doing an intense leg workout. I was wondering how much them being tired would affect growth and if so, what changes would be appropriate. Thanks
"No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us." Romans 8:37

"I believe in christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C.S. Lewis
"Never compare this Book with other books. This Book is from heaven. It does not contain the Word of God; it is the Word of God. It is supernatural in origin, eternal in duration and value, infinite in scope and Divine in authorship. Read it through! Pray it in! Write it down." Smith Wigglesworth
Old 03-22-2013, 07:21 AM
ecko31s is officially in full beast mode again
Bantamweight

I actually work my delts on leg day also. Of course after working legs you're just not going to have the energy in my opinion to work delts at their fullest capacity. I was also working delts after legs, but just didn't have enough energy to get a good workout because my leg routine is intense. What I started doing is working my delts first, then legs. I found that working my delts first doesn't drain a lot of energy out of me and that I can still work my legs at full intensity.
Old 03-22-2013, 10:09 PM
Ratcat is lifting heavy in less time.
Light-Heavyweight

Legs take me an hour or more to get through. Lately I've been doing shoulders on their own coz its quick.
Old 03-23-2013, 06:19 AM
NJI is gaining weight!!
Hyperplasia Aggressor!!

What does your shoulder workout look like (# sets, reps, etc)? If you're not feeling them you can always:

1) Add more sets
2) Decrease rest period
3) Add more supersets

"When your vision is powerful enough, everything else falls into place: how you live your life, your workouts, what friends you choose to hang out with, how you eat, what you do for fun. Vision is purpose, and when your purpose is clear so are your life choices. Vision creates faith and faith creates willpower. With faith there is no anxiety, no doubt - just absolute confidence." - Arnold Schwarzenegger
Old 03-28-2013, 01:57 AM
MorThanAConqeror should change his/her status!
Lightweight

I appreciate the advice. I ended up doing shoulders before my legs and I felt a much better pump and endurance throughout. Its the simple things sometimes haha
"No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us." Romans 8:37

"I believe in christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C.S. Lewis
"Never compare this Book with other books. This Book is from heaven. It does not contain the Word of God; it is the Word of God. It is supernatural in origin, eternal in duration and value, infinite in scope and Divine in authorship. Read it through! Pray it in! Write it down." Smith Wigglesworth
Old 04-05-2013, 02:12 PM
Jorgan VonStrangle is getting ready for something big
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecko31s View Post
I actually work my delts on leg day also. Of course after working legs you're just not going to have the energy in my opinion to work delts at their fullest capacity. I was also working delts after legs, but just didn't have enough energy to get a good workout because my leg routine is intense. What I started doing is working my delts first, then legs. I found that working my delts first doesn't drain a lot of energy out of me and that I can still work my legs at full intensity.

There is actually a lot of data to suggest that working legs first will produce a greater increase in the muscle trained following legs (delts in this case). The cause is mostly attributed to greater increases in endogenous growth factors and anabolic hormones which are released during intense weight training (and legs are the most intense!).

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorThanAConqeror View Post
My current
Day 1: Chest/tris(emphasis on chest)
Day 2: Back/bis(emphasis on back)
Day 3: Legs/shoulders
Day 4: Rest
Day 5: Tris/Chest(emphasis on tris)
Day 6: Bis/back(emphasis on bis)
Day 7: Legs/shoulders
Day 8: Rest
repeat

I want to place special emphasis on chest and shoulder growth without changing this split. The problem im having is I feel my shoulders are not working at full capacity after tiring them out two days in a row and while doing an intense leg workout. I was wondering how much them being tired would affect growth and if so, what changes would be appropriate. Thanks
for your chest and shoulders, you could always add more volume (more sets, or train delts and chest a third time per 8 days with another body part). i'd also recommend training chest first on day 5 for the same reason as mentioned above (same with day 6 even though you didnt address back being an issue). For both chest and shoulders, on bench press and shoulder press with a barbell (assuming you incorporate those exercises) you can try pulling in on the bar (a technique called intent) for the ENTIRE RANGE OF MOTION. This creates a constant tension effect and nearly isolates the pecs and delts. You will have to lower the weight a bit from what you normally use, but it will tear you up.
University of Tampa. Tampa, FL
Old 09-02-2013, 04:40 PM
ruelisla should change his/her status!
Stranger

my suggestion is you separate your shoulder in your leg workout. if you dont want to separate it and focus more on your shoulder you do your shouder first.