PastorPump's Prep(for whatever is next!) - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Online Training Journal

Notices

Old 02-13-2009, 02:04 AM
PastorPump is an under/overachiever!
Stranger

Default PastorPump's Prep(for whatever is next!)

This is my first post here for my journal but its a continuation of an older one found on another board. Thought it be cool to start it here with you guys as well.
Ok guys, I’m back…hopefully. Don’t know what the future holds but who even knows what’s going to happen tomorrow? I have hopes for competition this year but let’s see what the Good Lord opens up as far as possibilities. I need to stay in state as MT did not give me the second year of the contract. I want to make them sorry they didn’t! LOL It’s all good though. I have had some medical issues to cover as well as the daily financial but we take those one day at a time and do the best we can with it. I’m on the road to clean health and have been in hard training. I took some videos of this M, and W workouts. I’ll get the Deads tomorrow. I’m still on the up so hopefully these numbers won’t last. I’m still on the M, W, F training. If it works it works! I’ll be in to update more tomorrow as well. God Bless.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbrUb0m_MDk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MHUmcBr6UQ
Old 02-13-2009, 02:14 AM
miker44 is pumped
Light-Heavyweight

your a monster man, good to have you here......good luck with your training and godspeed in getting healthy
Old 02-13-2009, 09:43 PM
Stranger

Thanks . I try to move as much as i can! lol Since most of you guys are DCers or HIT type trainers you know how important getting stronger is. Here's my rack deads from today. i got a guest posing April 25 so I just might use that to springboard into a summer show. I'm at 255-260 solid. Looking to move into the super heavies at at least 230-235. Lets see.
If we don't keep our faith then we would just lose our minds!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsS4p4XhRog
Old 02-13-2009, 10:33 PM
Venom is training, researching, or talking on ABC
Vice President Abcbodybuilding.com

You are inhuman! I am stoked about this journal.
Co-Editor. of JHR

Venom@abcbodybuilding.com
Bible Studies
Click Here to Support the Future of Bodybuilding!

Matthew 7:20
And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.
Old 02-16-2009, 04:31 AM
Stranger

Man...I feel very human the day after! One thing I always confess...I lift the weights but the good Lord has kept me and protected me in the 19 years I've been training. Any injury has come from messing around outside the gym. He has very much been the source of my strength.
Don't have enough post to post the flyer for the guest spot in April. My very good friend and co-worker Maria is performing and I get to guest pose with D. Charles! Man I'm excited. I start dieting in 3 weeks as I hope to do a show ten weeks after. I will be posting my diet and progress as I go. One thing...no more Waxy Maize! My intestines couldn't take it anymore. I am now on Ultra Fuel by twinlab for my extra carbs. I mix in some oatmeal at times but hope tp order the TP oat carbs for the prep. Be blessed!
Old 02-17-2009, 03:05 AM
Stranger

Today was the first day of my prep training. No extra cardio...actually no cardio! But it seems whenever I have an event on radar a switch goes off. The intensity today was off the hook. 545 x8 and the 405 on squat for 15 with a pause at the very bottom of the last one. These are done after Calves and Seated leg curls/leg extensions superset. Two more weeks til I add the extra cardio and start dieting as that puts me 8 weeks out of the guest spot and 20 total out from a summer show if I do do it.
Old 02-17-2009, 03:12 PM
ASINES is moving some iron
Bantamweight

Great start.....I will check this out from time to time............
Old 02-17-2009, 03:41 PM
Commander is enjoying bodybuilding
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PastorPump View Post
One thing I always confess...I lift the weights but the good Lord has kept me and protected me in the 19 years I've been training. Any injury has come from messing around outside the gym. He has very much been the source of my strength.
I'm loving the faith aspect of your journal. Great screen name too!
Have fun posing with Darrem Charles.

James 1:16-17 ESV
Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
With God's help...Mens sana in corpore sano
Old 02-28-2009, 08:08 PM
Stranger

Wed 18
Hectic day. Had to train at night because of child duties. Was planning on hitting 405x6 on bench but…on my last prep set I felt a slight pull on my inner pec and decided no more today. Was able to do some incline work and shoulder press with little discomfort. Oh well fight another day.
Friday 20
Back
Pulldowns
Rack Deadlifts : below knees got 605X4 (form seen on prior video)
Shrugs
Hammer strength rows. 2 sets
D curls 75x6 +2
Rev grip pull-ups
Machine curls.
Old 02-28-2009, 08:09 PM
Stranger

Sunday 22 2:48am
Got a call that my grandfather passed. He was like a father since my father left when I was younger in school. My brothers and I were close to him. My mom was visiting me so that was tough for her. Needless to say not much sleep that day. Had to preach Sunday service that morning as well. Flew out Monday night, 11:30 to Puerto Rico and got there at 3:30 their time Tuesday morning. Left Wednesday morning at 2 am. Had to get back for work and family here.