From Rehab To Health Domination - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Online Training Journal

Notices

Old 07-29-2014, 08:55 PM
Algavinn is transforming myself and others into avatars of health.
Middleweight

Default From Rehab To Health Domination

Having been out of training for around 7 months for general intents and purposes, I thought it was time along with my re-dedication to my health to make a new training journal to compliment it.

While I know the community has gone down in activity level bit by bit over the last 5-10 years, definitely including my own (mostly because the community level of activity has stagnated), but those older timers probably still remember me. That aside, however, I haven't documented much about myself in years here so a bit of back story to my current endeavors.

About 4-5 years ago I sustained a substantial lower back injury around or a bit above the left SI joint, no one really ever told me what it was. To be technical I did an improper deadlift, but to be literal it was at a party and was my girlfriend at the time, so with all assumed contextual variables included, I was not in my best form. I couldn't sit up for two hours and couldn't stand for another hour after that, with the moment of injury sounding like I cracked a dry femur. It took a long time to properly rehab as it was just like all the strength was gone. I re-injured it more minorly several times, including AFTER traditional PT rehab, so it just seemed permanent.

I ended up going to a great personal training school and setting up my own practice, mostly focusing on corrective work and clinical clients. When seeking further education into corrective techniques my mentor made a suggestion of one that would just blow my mind. With some instruction from him and months of practice I ended up going to a seminar with the creator of Neurokinetic Therapy (neurokinetictherapy.com) and it really was mind expanding. NKT is the now the foundation of my practice, which is a diagnostic and essentially treatment method for most musculoskeletal injuries and dysfunctions and has changed the lives of my clients. Luckily, while I can't really use it on myself easily (I kind of can with my non-trained fiance helping) my mentor and other NKT practitioners in the area nailed down the cause of my back reinjuries and weakness in moments and I am on a corrective path to fix it once and for all, while making warp speed leaps in my overall integrative strength and stability.

I also have a history of 14 years of insomnia which finally finding the right doctors after being helped by the same mentor to find the problem, have that being nailed down splendidly. Mixing my corrective and hormone balancing work together to eliminate my structural infirmities and insomnia I will be able to not only get suuuch a better quality of life and the ability to handle my personal and professional obligations/aspirations, but I will be able to for the first time in my life, hopefully soon, feel my age. My goal is to feel 30 before 30, and I don't have long.

For now, with how deconditioned I have become, plus the long list of dysfunctions I have wracked up, I am working slow but with dedication to rebuild a general foundation of fitness, fix the causes of my dysfunctions and focusing on strengthening the inhibited musculature, and boost my intrinsic health through general exercise, superb nutrition, and improved sleep.

This week I think I will be taking fresh metrics to measure some baselines of my health, but in brief I want to drop below 20% BF and eventually below 15%, completely fix my insomnia to a state that does not need supplements at all to facilitate, and to have globally strengthened intrinsic stabilizers (and everything else really, in balance).

In general my corrective program focuses on releasing my peroneals and glute medius which bilaterally inhibit the ipsilateral TFL, as well as my obterators to ipsilateral glute max, and left QL to right QL. I am hoping this week or next to get more input from my community NKTers to go from there. On the fitness side I am starting slow and low intensity but doing 3 sessions of cardio a week minimum, 3 sessions of lifting, and 1-2 times daily corrective work. The lifting will be very inter-meshed with my corrective work in trying not to facilitate my current compensations (which means for now, probably no benching!) and not pushing things past the neural edge.

As I know some of this just sounds like dribble or jargon filled crap without having filled in more background on NKT, my chief modality, feel free to ask questions.

That aside..let the journey begin.

"We must not forget that even in the most perverted and cruel human being, as long as he is human, a small grain of love and compassion exists that will make him, one day, a Buddha." -Dalai Lama

Thrivebodybalance.com
Old 07-29-2014, 08:56 PM
Middleweight

First official day, liiight cardio session:

35 minutes cycling: 8.1 miles.

Corrective to follow before long.

"We must not forget that even in the most perverted and cruel human being, as long as he is human, a small grain of love and compassion exists that will make him, one day, a Buddha." -Dalai Lama

Thrivebodybalance.com
Old 07-31-2014, 07:52 PM
Middleweight

Yesterday got bogged down in an unexpected NKT session and then a meeting of sorts, so the students came in before I finished my workout. What I did seemed adequate though for the day.

Released bilateral peroneals and glute medius to ipsilateral TFL lifts.

Released left QL to right QL band bends.

Released left obterators to glute bridge.

Released bilateral medial epicondyles and middle biceps brachii to lat pulldowns (Wish I had done more of these but this is where I ran out of time), bilateral mid trap pull and low lat pull.

Then finished with slow PT style bird dog.

Thrivebodybalance.com
Old 07-31-2014, 07:53 PM
Middleweight

Mostly as a constitutional, but some slight exercise for my fiance on her own rehab track, we did a 15 minute walk this morning, 30 minutes for later tonight and 15 minutes yoga.

Earlier in the day I did 45 minutes of moderate intensity cardio, I failed to see my distance, somewhere around 10-11 miles I think. May do slight leg work later, will update if so.

Thrivebodybalance.com
Old 08-12-2014, 08:51 PM
Middleweight

I had entirely forgotten that I was starting this exercise log, oh well! Not a whole lot to report anyway, the heat has been beastly and mixed with the insomnia and the new schedule, I've barely done a thing. Today went in for clients though and got active a bit.

Adding a low intensity 30 minute fasting cardio session in the morning to get myself moving.

Released left obterators to 2x bridge to considerable glute fatigue.
Released left QL to two green band side bends.
Released bilateral peroneals, glute medius, proximal external oblique fascia to TFL leg lift.
Released bilateral pec M, medial epicondyles, mid bicep body, to 2 sets wide pulldowns ~12x135 and 2 sets close ~12x165

2x 1:30 wall sit (getting easier quick, but gods I let myself get out of shape)

Adding some bird dogs for low back integration in a bit.

Thrivebodybalance.com