lose measurement(mass) and at the same time gain - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Hardcore Training

Notices

Old 08-29-2012, 03:45 AM
Ectomorph42 is Newbie

Default lose measurement(mass) and at the same time gain

I'm planning to narrow my hips(thighs and buttocks) and at the same time build mass for my upper body(shoulders and chest) is it possible to do it at the same time? how is my workout should be for losing mass in hips? how about the calorie intake? is it possible to lose mass in other areas while gaining mass in other areas?

thanks?
Old 08-29-2012, 01:24 PM
Commander is enjoying bodybuilding
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ectomorph42 View Post
I'm planning to narrow my hips(thighs and buttocks) and at the same time build mass for my upper body(shoulders and chest) is it possible to do it at the same time? how is my workout should be for losing mass in hips? how about the calorie intake? is it possible to lose mass in other areas while gaining mass in other areas?

thanks?
Yes. You could theoretically focus your training on upperbody, while only doing just enough to maintain your legs. Assuming you were in a slight caloric deficit, you could possibly trim some fat off of the leg region while maintaining or evening putting on some size on the upperbody.

Calorie intake would be based on what you are currently eating and what is currently happening on the scale.

Again, theoretically yes, it is possible to lose mass in some areas while gaining it in others, but it will not be easy. Good luck.

James 1:16-17 ESV
Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
With God's help...Mens sana in corpore sano
Old 08-29-2012, 03:14 PM
Wizard24 is mixing up the diet.
Lightweight

As Commander says, yes it is possible. How easy or hard it will be depends on your current conditioning and how disciplined you are in your diet and workouts. When you say you want to lose mass in your hips Iím am guessing you are talking about losing fat (at least I hope, b/c who in their right mind looks at their lower body and says, ďman I wish they didnít have such big muscles thereĒ). If you have a lot of excess fat there, sure you can shed some of that while building your upper body muscles. However, the fat loss will be spread throughout your entire body, not just in the hips.
"Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away." - Matthew 24:35

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law." - Galations 5:22-23
Old 08-29-2012, 04:09 PM
Ectomorph42 is Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander View Post
Yes. You could theoretically focus your training on upperbody, while only doing just enough to maintain your legs. Assuming you were in a slight caloric deficit, you could possibly trim some fat off of the leg region while maintaining or evening putting on some size on the upperbody.

Calorie intake would be based on what you are currently eating and what is currently happening on the scale.

Again, theoretically yes, it is possible to lose mass in some areas while gaining it in others, but it will not be easy. Good luck.
because my problem is my thighs and waist, it is oversized, while the other parts of my body is undersized according to the "Adonis Index" computation..

http://i853.photobucket.com/albums/a...ng/measure.jpg

as you can see, I need to decrease my waist by 4.5 inches and thighs by 2.65 inches, while I need to increase my shoulders by 4.98 inches and chest by 3.24 inches.

but as you've said it is difficult to lose mass in some areas while gaining it in others..

maybe I should focus on increasing first? then decreasing after I've acquired the right measurements of my shoulders and chest? is it advisable? is it optimal?

I am 5'6" = 66 inches..

Thanks..
Old 08-29-2012, 04:16 PM
Super Moderator

If you attempt to put on muscle mass while eating a sensible diet, you just may end up losing some fat around your thighs. Focus on eating clean and working the upperbody fairly hard with maintenance leg work.

Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
Old 08-30-2012, 03:17 AM
Ectomorph42 is Newbie

Quote:
If you attempt to put on muscle mass while eating a sensible diet, you just may end up losing some fat around your thighs. Focus on eating clean and working the upperbody fairly hard with maintenance leg work.
how to do maintenance leg work? is it for losing fat? how about the training frequency for losing fat? I've seen many programs suggesting to do everyday training on abs in order to lessen it. is it also applicable to the thighs in order to lose fat?

Thanks..
Old 08-30-2012, 04:36 PM
Super Moderator

Have you read the articles on this site? Click on "journal" above and read through the articles, there is lots of great information.

I hate to sound rude, but if you aren't even willing to research the most basic information, than you likely won't have the motivation necessary to succeed.

Maintenance means do minimal work (maybe one workout a week), and not striving to get stronger, just doing enough to keep the muscle mass you have.

No, you don't want to train thighs daily to lose fat. Hit them with weights once per week and eat a sensible diet. You will lose fat if you watch what you eat. You may want to include a session of HIIT sprints as well.
Losing fat is more about diet. Training frequency should be roughly the same as what you were doing before attempting to lose fat.

Old 09-02-2012, 05:33 AM
Ectomorph42 is Newbie

Quote:
Have you read the articles on this site? Click on "journal" above and read through the articles, there is lots of great information.

I hate to sound rude, but if you aren't even willing to research the most basic information, than you likely won't have the motivation necessary to succeed.

Maintenance means do minimal work (maybe one workout a week), and not striving to get stronger, just doing enough to keep the muscle mass you have.

No, you don't want to train thighs daily to lose fat. Hit them with weights once per week and eat a sensible diet. You will lose fat if you watch what you eat. You may want to include a session of HIIT sprints as well.
Losing fat is more about diet. Training frequency should be roughly the same as what you were doing before attempting to lose fat.
can you give me the link of the journal?

thanks...
Old 09-04-2012, 11:53 AM
Super Moderator

http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/articles.html

Old 10-06-2012, 10:39 AM
Clarence should change his/her status!
Stranger

I wish they did not have such big muscle tissue there”). If you have a lot of unwanted fat there, sure you can reduce some of that while developing your breasts muscle tissue. However, the fat reduction will be propagate throughout your human system, not just in the waist.