Contributors? Technique demonstration videos. - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Recreation > Members' Discussion:

Notices

Old 05-29-2012, 02:09 AM
Algavinn is transforming myself and others into avatars of health.
Middleweight

Default Contributors? Technique demonstration videos.

While at the gym today I was thinking back to when some one posted some power lifting instructional videos for proper technique in some lifts, and I was thinking it would be an awesome feature to have on ABC and one way to drive traffic to our site. I love our workout 3d and slides, but if some one would be willing to either incorporate into our site or merely make a channel for ABC and make posts, or a section for these videos to be posted (merely posting the URL of the video itself will automatically embed the video) would give us a great resource for proper lifting technique in exact detail, as well as links out on ze interwebs (a link in the description of each video) for more people to find our community.

While I've been lifting for years, I'm not in great health, don't have access to a full gym at the moment, and overall wouldn't be the best person to actually do the videos. That said is there anyone who might be willing to grab a friend and a camera and take a video of each lift with an audio description of the different elements of proper technique? If so we can easily get a youtube channel made, and a place here on the site for such an excellent resource.

Thoughts/volunteers?

"We must not forget that even in the most perverted and cruel human being, as long as he is human, a small grain of love and compassion exists that will make him, one day, a Buddha." -Dalai Lama

Thrivebodybalance.com
Old 05-30-2012, 02:49 AM
HardCory is working towards a lean 200
Super Moderator

I think that's a good idea; and a great way to draw more traffic to the forums. As of right now I don't have the free time to do them, but I would be willing to give it a shot.
-Colossians 3:23

24-17 ABC Fight Corner
Workout Journal
http://www.twitter.com/CoryFever
Old 05-30-2012, 06:34 AM
Algavinn is transforming myself and others into avatars of health.
Middleweight

I can happily take care of the youtube side, but I will need some one to take care of taking the actual video, preferably with some one speaking out loud during the lift the proper technique actually being used. Then I can transcribe it for a text description for each video.

I would imagine starting with the basic lifts would be the best way to start and then we can add on given that we have over 50 lifts in the exercise section. What do you guys think are lifts that should be prioritized for now? Standard squat, deadlift, etc...The more planning that is put together the easier it should be for some one to come along and volunteer to do the video for us

"We must not forget that even in the most perverted and cruel human being, as long as he is human, a small grain of love and compassion exists that will make him, one day, a Buddha." -Dalai Lama

Thrivebodybalance.com
Old 05-30-2012, 03:21 PM
bigironcross is working to get less huge and better proportioned!
Middleweight

Maybe, I could do the videos demonstrating bad form and technique!
Old 07-27-2012, 11:09 PM
arian11 is 500 deadlift achieved, time for a 500 squat!
Light-Heavyweight

The problem with the big lifts are that there are different ways of executing them. For example if we just looked at the squat. Some people advocate toes pointing forward, others toes pointed out. Some advocating coming out of the hole with the hips others say chest first. Some advocate thumbless grip with elbows high others say full grip, arms close, and elbows down. There is similar issues when it comes to bench and deadlift and overhead press and other lifts. That is why I just follow and pass around videos of coaches I trust and techniques I follow. Like these:

Squat Set Up:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtPN-ftmxG8

Bench Set Up:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QnwAoesJvQ

Deadlift Set Up:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Syt7A23YnpA

"Technique is always the first place to begin when striving to improve at a specific skill."
My YouTube Page