Statics and double pumps - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Hardcore Training

Notices

Old 06-15-2012, 08:52 PM
Metal Head is Stronger, better, faster..

Default Statics and double pumps

Love these since begining the 13 week program. Anyone that doesnt use these principals in their routines is missing out.

Side note.....

Starting to train my 13 year old, plays baseball and football 8 th grade. The coaches are already letting them lift. I know the answer but aomeone honor me. Is this program (13 week) too much for an 8 th grader beginning weight training?
Old 06-17-2012, 05:54 PM
joneser3eb is adding weight to the bar
Steel-Heavyweight

I dont really agree that 13 is to young to start exercising. I myself am 30 and i started workout out at 13. but Yes the 13 week program is a bit much. I would go with a Rippetoes starting strength program or a madcow 5x5. both simple basic strength building programs that will build an unequaled strength base he will use for the rest of his life. the 13 week program is a great program, but is geared more for losing weight and is a lot of volume for starting out. just my 2 cents. take it or leave it.
Old 06-17-2012, 06:48 PM
iceman108 should change his/her status!

apologies for my ignorance. could you post the program please.
Old 07-12-2012, 05:52 PM
Commander is enjoying bodybuilding
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by joneser3eb View Post
I dont really agree that 13 is to young to start exercising. I myself am 30 and i started workout out at 13. but Yes the 13 week program is a bit much. I would go with a Rippetoes starting strength program or a madcow 5x5. both simple basic strength building programs that will build an unequaled strength base he will use for the rest of his life. the 13 week program is a great program, but is geared more for losing weight and is a lot of volume for starting out. just my 2 cents. take it or leave it.
I agree with Joneser. Your son will not regret building a base in the big lifts. In a few years, he will be light years ahead of his peers.

James 1:16-17 ESV
Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
With God's help...Mens sana in corpore sano
Old 07-12-2012, 08:58 PM
Ratcat is lifting heavy in less time.
Light-Heavyweight

Here is a link to the 13 week program

http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/13wee...ingworkout.pdf

Cheers.
Old 07-16-2012, 03:19 PM

Thanks for the input, I am still taking it slow with him but introducing him gradually to super sets and strip sets. Believe it or not he is in the top of the class in strength training for 8th grade football and thanked me for educating him on form, breathing, and working out properly.
Old 07-16-2012, 04:23 PM
Super Moderator

While intensity techniques can have their place, don't forget about simple linear progression. His main effort should be devoted to getting stronger on big lifts in the 3 to 5 rep range and only minimal effort should be devoted to strip sets at this point.

Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
Old 07-17-2012, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander View Post
While intensity techniques can have their place, don't forget about simple linear progression. His main effort should be devoted to getting stronger on big lifts in the 3 to 5 rep range and only minimal effort should be devoted to strip sets at this point.
Great point, thank you. I am still not letting him lift heavy just yet and trying to expose him to all training techniques. There is so much to learn and he is really wanting to hit it hard but I want to see better form and make sure he is breathing properly during lifts. I know I'm probably being over protective dad lol.
Old 07-17-2012, 07:26 PM
Super Moderator

You don't sound overprotective, I have two young boys and believe me, technique will be emphasized.

I do not recommend going heavy at the expense of technique by any means. What I meant is as heavy as he can manage with perfect technique and still trying to accelerate the bar.