Daily Devotional - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Recreation > The Sanctuary

Notices

Old 01-16-2009, 06:31 PM
fightbackhxc21 is the best part of waking up, is protein in your cup!
Middleweight

Default Daily Devotional

I think it would be awesome to get one on here! any other people?

www.biolayne.com
http://www.scivation.com/forums/show...6536#post26536

www.c28.com
Old 01-16-2009, 07:21 PM
Commander is enjoying bodybuilding
Super Moderator

I'd read it. We could just keep this thread open for anyone who wanted to throw a quick verse along with their thoughts on that verse.

James 1:16-17 ESV
Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
With God's help...Mens sana in corpore sano
Old 01-17-2009, 03:29 AM
HardCory is working towards a lean 200
Super Moderator

That's crazy I was just thinking about this earlier today, I'm willing to help out in anyway I can.
Old 01-17-2009, 04:29 AM
Venom is training, researching, or talking on ABC
Vice President Abcbodybuilding.com

Feel free to start one up, guys!
Co-Editor. of JHR

Venom@abcbodybuilding.com
Bible Studies
Click Here to Support the Future of Bodybuilding!

Matthew 7:20
And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.
Old 01-17-2009, 04:42 AM
Super Moderator

Alright I'll start tomorrow, I have "Our Daily Bread" it gets me off to a good start everyday, I'll share the wealth with the rest.
Old 01-17-2009, 11:16 AM
alang is hating tendonitis!!!
Rookie

I will try to read it every day.
Old 01-17-2009, 06:57 PM
Super Moderator

Default Jan. 17

January 17, 2009

Brotherhood Of The Sea

READ: Ephesians 2:14-22

Now, therefore, you are . . . fellow citizens with the saints. —Ephesians 2:19

On August 8, 2005, the world learned of the dramatic rescue of seven Russian sailors trapped in a small sub entangled in a fishing net. The men had survived 3 cold, dark days on the bottom of the ocean and had less than 6 hours of oxygen left. Meanwhile, up above, a frantic, unified rescue effort by Russian, Japanese, British, and American personnel was underway. Finally, the sub was freed. The Russian Defense Minister praised the operation, saying, “We have seen in deeds, not in words, what the brotherhood of the sea means.”

The book of Ephesians talks about the unity of believers in Jesus by referring to the oneness of “the household of God” (2:19). The Gentiles, who were once “aliens” and “strangers” (v.12), had now been “brought near by the blood of Christ” (v.13), uniting them with their Jewish brothers and sisters. This unity is to permeate the efforts of the Christian community today.

Believers in Jesus are commissioned to undertake the most important rescue effort. People are dying without Christ. Praise God that united mission efforts are bringing hope, salvation, education, and relief to desperate people around the world. That’s what the brotherhood of Christ is all about. — David C. Egner

In Christ there is no East or West,
In Him no South or North,
But one great fellowship of love
Throughout the whole wide earth. —Oxenham

A healthy church is the best witness to a hurting world.
Old 01-18-2009, 06:46 AM
Super Moderator

Default Jan. 18

January 18, 2009

Wonderfully Made

READ: Psalm 139:7-16

I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. —Psalm 139:14

A quote in George MacDonald’s book David Elginbrod speaks to those who wonder, at times, why God has made them the way they are—and who wish they were someone else.

Lady Emily muses: “I wish I were you, Margaret.”

Margaret answers: “If I were you, my lady, I would rather be what God chose to make me than the most glorious creature that I could think of. For to have been thought about—born in God’s thoughts—and then made by God, is the dearest, grandest, most precious thing in all thinking.”

MacDonald may have had Psalm 139:17 in mind: “How precious . . . are Your thoughts to me, O God!” In this psalm, David is thinking about his conception, and vividly describes God’s thoughts as He wove him together in his mother’s womb, creating a unique and special individual to be the object of His love.

It’s a comforting thought to know that we’re not a terrible mistake, but a very special creation, “born in God’s thoughts.” David could stand before a mirror and say in all honesty and humility: “I am fearfully and wonderfully made; marvelous are Your works” (v.14).

You are a designer original! As such, you are dear, grand, and precious to God. — David H. Roper

Of all creation’s treasures rare,
Not one compares in worth with man;
In God’s own image he was made
To fill a place in His great plan. —D. De Haan

You are one of a kind—designed to glorify God as only you can.
Old 01-19-2009, 05:21 AM
Super Moderator

Default Jan. 19

January 19, 2009
Impossible?

READ: Matthew 5:38-42

You have heard that it was said, “An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.” But I tell you not to resist an evil person. —Matthew 5:38-39

When Nobel Chairman Gunnar John delivered his presentation speech for Martin Luther King’s 1964 Peace Prize, he quoted Jesus: “Whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also” (Matt. 5:39). As Mr. John noted: “It was not because he led a racial minority in their struggle for equality that Martin Luther King achieved fame. . . . [His] name will endure for the way in which he has waged his struggle.”

In 1955, King had led a year-long, peaceful boycott to protest segregation on buses. He paid a high price. His home was bombed, and he was assaulted and arrested. He never retaliated. Eventually he was murdered.

How contrary Dr. King’s peaceful example stands to my fleshly nature! I want justice now. I want retribution. I want others to pay for their wrongdoing, especially when it’s directed at me. What I do not want is to turn the other cheek and invite them to take another swing.

Haddon Robinson comments on the lofty standards Jesus set forth in the Sermon on the Mount (Matt. 5–7), calling them “goals . . . not impossible ideals. [Jesus] wants His disciples to strive toward these goals to master a new kind of life.”

Amid the injustices of life, may we have the courage, faith, and strength to turn the other cheek. — Tim Gustafson

So send I you to hearts made hard by hatred,
To eyes made blind because they will not see,
To spend—though it be blood—to spend and spare not—
So send I you to taste of Calvary. —Clarkson
Š 1968 Singspiration.

It takes true strength to refuse to retaliate.
Old 01-20-2009, 04:27 AM
Super Moderator

Default Jan. 20

January 20, 2009

READ: James 1:1-8

Let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind. —James 1:6

If you were invited to a meeting at the White House with the President of the United States, regardless of your opinion of him or her, you would probably go. Upon entering the White House, a protocol officer would meet you and outline the proper procedures for meeting the President. Suffice it to say, it would be unacceptable to let loose with a burst of undignified familiarity or negative criticism as you shook hands.

So it should come as no surprise that God’s Word makes it clear that there is a protocol for entering the presence of God. Hebrews 11:6 outlines one aspect of appropriate interaction: “He who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.” God wants us to be fully devoted to Him—and He takes it personally when our hearts are filled with criticism, unbelief, and doubt.

James tells us that when we ask God for wisdom, the key to His response is whether or not we are asking “in faith” (1:6). God is pleased when we approach Him with unwavering faith.

So leave your doubt at the door and follow the protocol: Approach God with a heart of faith, and He will be pleased to provide all the wisdom you need. — Joe Stowell

God, give me the faith of a little child!
A faith that will look to Thee—
That never will falter and never fail,
But follow Thee trustingly. —Showerman

Exchange the dissatisfaction of doubt for the fulfillment of faith in God.