24 workout mass blitz off days - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Hardcore Training

Notices

Old 03-05-2012, 04:47 PM
dannyjerome0 should change his/her status!

Default 24 workout mass blitz off days

I've been doing the 24 workout mass blitz program by Jacob Wilson:

http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/bulki...t%20levlel.pdf

The program is working GREAT. I had been out of serious lifting for a good two years, and I've already noticed visible gains halfway through the program. My DOMS last only a day or two at most now, as opposed to 5 days at the beginning. I'm wondering if it would be advisable to workout on the off days, and what kind of exercise would be beneficial during this program? I'm already at the gym on my off days helping my fiance with her strength training, and I always have the urge to work out. I'm just worried that if I start doing cardio it will hinder my growth.
Height: 5'7"
Estimated body fat: 10%
Current fitness goal: Bulking
Old 03-05-2012, 05:06 PM
Commander is enjoying bodybuilding
Super Moderator

Don't do "cardio" on your off days if by cardio you mean running on a treadmill or hitting the stair master.

Does you gym have a prowler? If so, that pushing/pulling/dragging the prowler is great for an off day.

Also, hitting the weights but at a much lighter poundage is great for an off day. For example, if you normally bench 200 for 3 sets of 5, then hitting 150 for a bunch of sets of 3 is a great way to reduce residual soreness and get your body amped for the following day's workout.

James 1:16-17 ESV
Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
With God's help...Mens sana in corpore sano
Old 03-05-2012, 07:21 PM
dannyjerome0 should change his/her status!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander View Post
Don't do "cardio" on your off days if by cardio you mean running on a treadmill or hitting the stair master.

Does you gym have a prowler? If so, that pushing/pulling/dragging the prowler is great for an off day.

Also, hitting the weights but at a much lighter poundage is great for an off day. For example, if you normally bench 200 for 3 sets of 5, then hitting 150 for a bunch of sets of 3 is a great way to reduce residual soreness and get your body amped for the following day's workout.
I wish we had a prowler. I'll stick to abs and light weight training on off days. I can at least hit the smaller muscles that don't get isolated in my current program. Thanks for the advice. I never liked doing cardio anyway, so I'll save that for cutting.
Height: 5'7"
Estimated body fat: 10%
Current fitness goal: Bulking
Old 03-06-2012, 01:57 PM
Wizard24 is mixing up the diet.
Lightweight

Having done the 24 workout mass blitz a few times I have to agree with Commander. The cardio certainly won’t help you with this program and might even detract from it. I know what you are talking about with wanting to work out on the off days though. When I first started this program I was coming off a 6 days a week split, so going to working out just 3 or 4 days left me with that itch to work out on off days. For the most part I got over it, learned to love the frequency of off days, but I did employ active recovery workouts from time to time.
"Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away." - Matthew 24:35

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law." - Galations 5:22-23