Back With A New Approach To Training - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Hardcore Training

Notices

Old 02-27-2012, 06:04 PM
TheProphecy is BACK!
Stranger

Default Back With A New Approach To Training

It's been a while since I browsed the articles and scientific knowledge within this site and it's always great to hear the opinions/thoughts of others on that quest to healthiness.

I been doing serious lifting for 8-9 years and just recently, stepped it up to another challenging level. While looking around for workouts/routines, I came across Wanderlei Silva and a preview of his routines:

http://youtu.be/HKmte76XV7c

I have been incorporating similar styles to my training and have experienced amazing results with strength, conditioning, and getting lean. I'm not trying to compete in any bodybuilding events. I just want to get stronger, leaner, and have a nice physique. So far, with the approach above, I have been getting there.

My questions are:

(1) What is this type of training called?
(2) Where can I find similar routines or combinations to challenge myself to take it to another level?

Thanks
Old 02-27-2012, 06:17 PM
HardCory is working towards a lean 200
Super Moderator

If you asking about the mask that he's wearing; it simulates high altitude conditions thus conditioning the lungs better. As far as the training goes it's basic MMA strength and conditioning; they implement a lot of exercises that improve explosive movements. So as far as exercises go I'd implement squats, deadlifts, cleans, bench and other compound lifts. Conditioning I'd go with sled pulls, box jumps, sprints, basically anything high intensity rather than traditional cardio.
-Colossians 3:23

24-17 ABC Fight Corner
Workout Journal
http://www.twitter.com/CoryFever
Old 02-27-2012, 06:21 PM
TheProphecy is BACK!
Stranger

As far as the mask goes, I dont think Im ready for the attention in gyms lol..not that it looks foolish, but, you get the idea...

Thanks for the response. That's the type of style and explosiveness I'm leaning towards to at the moment. The traditional cardio is tooo too boring for me. I thought I'd give the style above a try since it incorporates lifting with conditioning. Any routines out there that incorporate that would be helpful..