Fat burners Good idea? Bad Idea? - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Supplement Reviews

Notices

Old 04-14-2011, 07:56 PM
Rapid is working to lose weight

Default Fat burners Good idea? Bad Idea?

Im sure this has been covered before, Im just not sure when and all. Anyway's, Are they worth it? Are any of them worth the price there asked for?

I already do exercise and go with a diet plan to help me to lose weight. I would like to get a small boost in the fat burning area but only if it is well worth it.

I know some are over priced and some do nothing really. I don't believe the hype without the science behind it.

So, Is there one on the market I should or maybe take a look at? I also started Green Tea 100% Natural and Also Lemon Water with Pure Lemon Juice.

On a side note, What about diet sodas and energy drinks? Should I stay away from carbonated drinks???

Any information would be appreciated.
Old 04-14-2011, 10:21 PM
Gregsimo is on a one way road to mass gaining
Middleweight

Stay away from carbonated drinks both energy drinks and diet sodas (moderation is ok as with anything), your carb sources should be from complex sources eg oatmeal, pasta, brown rice, wheatbread. The exception being post workout when simple sugars eg dextose are ideal to replenish gylcogen stores.

Personally i wouldnt bother with fat burners, your aim with fat burning will be to keep a high metabolism, this is easily achieved through a well planned diet, involving a reduction in calories, but just enough to lose say 1-1.5lbs a week tops. Your workouts will also play an integral role in maintaining muscle mass and again increasing/maintaining a high metabolism. If you can get those right then fat burners just dont figure and personally i see them as a waste of money.
Old 04-15-2011, 01:10 AM

So far, Being on the 13 week fat burning guide and also I have been on a diet for 3 weeks I have managed to lose 5 lbs. I now weigh in at 185. Only supplement I have taken is whey protein.

I have been on the 13 week burning guide for 2 weeks only how ever.

Thank you for your opinion. I have been thinking about it but not sure if any one of them would even be a good idea at all. I remember reading its nothing more than a caffeine pill
Old 04-15-2011, 01:18 AM
Gregsimo is on a one way road to mass gaining
Middleweight

The 13 week fat burning guide is a top notch source of info on cutting. Both the diets and the workouts. 5 lbs in 3 weeks is great progress, keep it up and only change something when you stall.
Old 04-15-2011, 11:40 AM
Commander is enjoying bodybuilding
Super Moderator

I don't think they are necessary. I got fairly lean without them. Just well planned diet and exercise like Gregsimo mentioned.

That said, if you are already lean and need the final boost to burn calories and keep metabolism high, they might be worth it.

James 1:16-17 ESV
Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
With God's help...Mens sana in corpore sano
Old 04-15-2011, 05:13 PM
superbilt is getting stronger than ever
Super-Heavyweight

I don't think fat burners are needed. They can help a little. They are supplements not miracle pills despite what the Hydoxcut commercials tell you.

Personally, I take a caffiene pill 30-45 mins before I train. I train after work so it helps energywise a bit.

Green Tea is good stuff. Great for health and helping stay leaner.

Soda is garbage. It offers no health benefits whatsoever. Monster/Rockstar/Red bull are all caffienated sugar. They will give you energy but also make you fat.
Once I stick to the program I am going to get really strong.
NO LIMITS!!
http://www.youtube.com/user/ironbilt727
Old 04-15-2011, 05:15 PM

I love the green tea stuff. I can feel an increase in energy from it. Not much, But its there.

I gave up on soda but started to use Diet type sodas then I stopped not knowing if they were really ok....So I stopped and decided to ask on here

Thanks for the information, Im not lean yet but I will be after all of this!
Old 05-06-2011, 04:01 PM
klosey is 51 visitors online right now ! Let's get that number higher!!
Super Moderator

fat burners can be an effective aid if the diet is spot on anyway.. personally i like one or two of them as it helps get me going when low carbing... as for soda.. did you know that alot of overweight people actually drink diet soda.. interesting that.. and many people lost 2 inches off waist in a month by stopping carbonated drinks..
Old 04-28-2012, 07:44 AM
thomasjack should change his/her status!
Stranger

I suggest that green tea and water are the best items to reduce and burn fat. Mostly people use cardio work out to fight against over weight. use fresh fruits and boiled vegetables these have all the essential ingredients and vitamins which keep body fresh and healthy. Energy and soda drinks are have no more benefits.
Old 05-02-2012, 10:56 AM
Algavinn is transforming myself and others into avatars of health.
Middleweight

Energy drinks are absolute poison. Soda is poison. Diet soda is still trash and at the very least I suggest you either keep it very minimal, or as a single variable experiment take time off of it and see how it affects your weight loss. While aspartamine and other supposedly '0 calorie' sweeteners are supposed to not affect your metabolism, your body does react somehow and I do not believe it is good. I don't have the science to back that up at the moment though from a source I can think of top of my tongue.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBnniua6-oM

We know green tea and certain other things help, just not as much as most people think. I take green tea the eons old method, I drink it. It's delicious and I think should more be taken for its antioxidant effects, and if I get some boosted metabolism and other benefits, then it's bonus. The actual diet pills are crazy expensive and I do not believe anywhere proportionate to their actual benefit. You're seeing great progress now, and it won't damage your liver.

"We must not forget that even in the most perverted and cruel human being, as long as he is human, a small grain of love and compassion exists that will make him, one day, a Buddha." -Dalai Lama

Thrivebodybalance.com