Shoulder "Clicking" - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Injury Analysis

Notices

Old 12-09-2010, 03:43 AM
Riss is stronger than ever
Stranger

Default Shoulder "Clicking"

I'm actually not sure when I first noticed (I've only been working out hard core for about the past yr and a half), but every time I work out my shoulders, they "click" near the top of the exercise. I don't experience any pain, but it is annoying. Lateral raises and other similar exercises aggravate my shoulders the most. Anyone have any ideas on what may be the cause and if I need to see someone before the problem worsens?

Thanks in advance!!
Old 12-09-2010, 10:20 PM
HardCory is working towards a lean 200
Super Moderator

If there's no pain it's usually being caused by the soft tissue in the joint. Yes, hearing the popping and clicking is annoying, but no need for alarm. If you do start experiences pain this may indicate damage to the surface of the joint (i.e., labrum). So I'd say as long as you're not experiencing any pain you're good to go.
-Colossians 3:23

24-17 ABC Fight Corner
Workout Journal
http://www.twitter.com/CoryFever
Old 12-13-2010, 10:40 PM
joneser3eb is adding weight to the bar
Steel-Heavyweight

try to do the exercise (while still doing it correctly) to see if you can make your shoulder not click. only reason i am saying. i have had a few shoulder injuries and they started out with just clicking but eventually turned into pain. just be careful with it and make sure you are not injuring it.
Old 12-22-2010, 01:33 AM
AJR415 is a giants fan

I have a lot of clicks.... probably not good
Old 12-25-2010, 05:52 PM
Venom is training, researching, or talking on ABC
Vice President Abcbodybuilding.com

Injuries are not my expertise, but I can relate to your problem. My shoulders constantly make clicking noises, and they are actually pretty tight and uncomfortable...I seem to store a lot of stress around that area and my traps. Usually it does not stop me from training but it is annoying and sometimes painful.
Co-Editor. of JHR

Venom@abcbodybuilding.com
Bible Studies
Click Here to Support the Future of Bodybuilding!

Matthew 7:20
And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.
Old 12-25-2010, 08:02 PM
HardCory is working towards a lean 200
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom View Post
Injuries are not my expertise, but I can relate to your problem. My shoulders constantly make clicking noises, and they are actually pretty tight and uncomfortable...I seem to store a lot of stress around that area and my traps. Usually it does not stop me from training but it is annoying and sometimes painful.
I'd get it checked out Gabe, I was experiencing a sharp pain while doing incline, I ignored it for awhile and ended up dislocating my shoulder which led to my recent surgery. From my experience having it looked at would be in your best interest, just to be safe.
-Colossians 3:23

24-17 ABC Fight Corner
Workout Journal
http://www.twitter.com/CoryFever
Old 12-25-2010, 09:33 PM
ahlgrena should change his/her status!
Stranger

Its just another one of those annoyances that comes with the territory. Shoulders take a lot of abuse and clicking seems to bve one of their outlets, ha.
Old 12-25-2010, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardCory View Post
I'd get it checked out Gabe, I was experiencing a sharp pain while doing incline, I ignored it for awhile and ended up dislocating my shoulder which led to my recent surgery. From my experience having it looked at would be in your best interest, just to be safe.
I should...I have had shoulder issues for a decade. It sucks. I don't get it. I would not be surprised if I have some bone spurs actually.
Co-Editor. of JHR

Bible Studies

And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.
Old 12-25-2010, 10:58 PM
.C.D. is Suckin down protein
Stranger

When i do some exercises with my shoulders i have a popping sound. Even when I'm just standing and i can rotate my arms in a circle they do it. when i do some lower ab workouts by lifting my legs I have a pop happen in my hip. they don't hurt. A gymnast friend of mine says that fish oils may help out that pop.
Old 12-25-2010, 11:28 PM

I take pretty much every anti-inflammatory agent (i.e. fish oil) and joint support formula (i.e. glucosamine) you can think of...it helps with injuries, but still get the popping....
Co-Editor. of JHR

Bible Studies