Lost feeling in L pinky/ring finger deadlifting - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Injury Analysis

Notices

Old 08-22-2011, 09:42 AM
NJI is gaining weight!!
Hyperplasia Aggressor!!

Default Lost feeling in L pinky/ring finger deadlifting

Well I pinched a nerve deadlifting. My L pinky/ring finger have been numb/tingling for 5 days now. I saw my doctor today and they believe my ulnar nerve is pinched in my neck/trap muscle so they prescribed lots of stretching and muscle relaxers. Yikes! :0

"When your vision is powerful enough, everything else falls into place: how you live your life, your workouts, what friends you choose to hang out with, how you eat, what you do for fun. Vision is purpose, and when your purpose is clear so are your life choices. Vision creates faith and faith creates willpower. With faith there is no anxiety, no doubt - just absolute confidence." - Arnold Schwarzenegger
Old 08-22-2011, 06:25 PM
HardCory is working towards a lean 200
Super Moderator

That's no good, besides that how's the lifting been going since the surgery?
-Colossians 3:23

24-17 ABC Fight Corner
Workout Journal
http://www.twitter.com/CoryFever
Old 08-22-2011, 07:19 PM
NJI is gaining weight!!
Hyperplasia Aggressor!!

It's going very well! I don't have any wrist pain or anything now! I've started doing pullups again (slow/controlled). However I've stopped all pull workouts this week until due to the nerve issue.

"When your vision is powerful enough, everything else falls into place: how you live your life, your workouts, what friends you choose to hang out with, how you eat, what you do for fun. Vision is purpose, and when your purpose is clear so are your life choices. Vision creates faith and faith creates willpower. With faith there is no anxiety, no doubt - just absolute confidence." - Arnold Schwarzenegger
Old 08-23-2011, 02:47 AM
HardCory is working towards a lean 200
Super Moderator

Glad you're back on the boards and glad that you've recovered from surgery, look forward to you starting another journal.
-Colossians 3:23

24-17 ABC Fight Corner
Workout Journal
http://www.twitter.com/CoryFever
Old 08-24-2011, 04:27 AM
NJI is gaining weight!!
Hyperplasia Aggressor!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardCory View Post
Glad you're back on the boards and glad that you've recovered from surgery, look forward to you starting another journal.
Maybe I will. I'm deployed right now and the location I'm at affords me quiet a bit of free time. Most of my workouts follow a simple pattern.

High volume (20+ sets easily)
low rest periods (<30 seconds)
supersets (3 or more per set )

Sometimes it feels like I'm doing circuit training w/ heavy weights and a massive pump. LOL

Old 02-29-2012, 04:51 AM
Altezza should change his/her status!

Your condition calls for what we call classic T4 syndrome.

I would recommend you to go see a Chiropractor - yes it probably is nerve impingement brought on my tight muscles, but you need to address the spine (upper thoracic, T4 region to be more specific) to completely relax the muscle and the impingement syndrome.