Getting Serious...Please review my plan - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Female Specific Athletic Forum

Notices

Old 05-06-2011, 06:26 PM
msruthie1 should change his/her status!
Stranger

Question Getting Serious...Please review my plan

Ok so I'm finally serious enough for someone to critique what I'm doing and give me guidance. Any honest help will be appreciated. Here it goes...
Current weight: 236
Height:5'7"
Dress size: 16
This is seems to be as far as I can get myself with diet alone sort of like a set point I have lost 50lbs and kept if off for the last 3 years. I was diabetic and on medication but I'm not any more. Here's what I'm eating on average and how I'm training on average please give me any tips or advice.

Food:
Average calorie intake:2459 daily, 6 meals per day
I realized ths week I was getting way too much fat, a carry over from my low carb days. I'm adjusting that this week.
I don't eat anything white, I eat sprouted bread and steel cut oats or oat bran and I'm starting egg whites this week.
Carbs37%
Protein20%
Fats30%
I usually have either a cheat day or cheat meal. I'm willing to adjust this but I must have a cheat or I WILL binge, my track record has proven that I do not do well with deprivation. I'll go back to eating crazy in a heartbeat. I have great discipline for about 6 days max. Just being honest.

Training:
I just started super setting recently because I discovered that heavy lifting was wrong for my body type, I'm about 70/30 endomorph/mesomorph. I have huge muscles underneath fat. I've been lifting and running on and off for years but never able to get back below 230-228 in the last 10 years. I get discouraged and go back to eating and slouching and eventually go back to the gym. The scale usually goes up when I start to train but I had been training with heavy weights. I'm starting to super set with moderate weights now and I'm sweating while lifting which is something that never happened before. I also do about 20 mins of cardio after lifting whereas I used to do cardio before lifting. I have yet to see results from this, just started about 2 weeks ago.
Schedule:
Monday: 6am cardio about 45 mins
2pm Chest, shoulders, biceps..supersetting/ 20 mins cardio

Tuesday: 6am 45 cardio..depends but most weeks I do
Noon: Boot Camp... 45 min

Wednesday: 6AM Cardio 45-60 mins
2PM Back-super setting..20 mins cardio

Thursday: Noon: Boot Camp

Friday: 6am Cardio
2PMLegs-supersetting....30 mins cardio

Saturday: 60 mins cardio

Sunday: Off

I have another 3 weeks of Boot Camp and after that I'll have a better hold on training. I'm just noticing that Boot Camp is kinda throwing off my other training the last couple of week I may miss one cardio or on weight day. Boot Camp is rigorous and I'm giving 110% so I'm a little done the next day. Anything that needs to be adjusted I'm willing to adjust, if not I'll keep plugging away. I'm weighing on Monday after my last weigh 3 weeks ago. The scale and I are arch enemies and always have been, so I'll be trying on my favorite measuring pants this week too, I get a better guage of my progress that way too.

Ok sorry it's so long but thanks for reading!
Old 05-06-2011, 06:57 PM
Commander is enjoying bodybuilding
Super Moderator

Shedding fat is going to come mostly from diet.

For training, find something you can consistently maintain and keep at it. It seems like you have that. Just make sure you are working hard and giving it your all. I don't think you should entirely neglect heavy training. I would consider including some heavier sets from time to time.

OK, the diet. You asked for an honest response, so here goes, a Cheat Day is entirely excessive. And I respect that you said "I must have a cheat or I WILL binge." But honestly, why do you look at eating healthy as deprivation? You can still eat delicious foods. Get creative with spices, vegetables, etc to add variety and flavor to meals.

I believe you need a shift in perspective, rather than viewing a healthy diet as deprivation, why don't you try to view being overweight as deprivation. While you are overweight, you are depriving yourself, your family, your friends, of a healthier, more active version of yourself. Hopefully, that will help motivate yourself to endure with a healthy diet.

If your weight has been stable and your training and diet consistent, then it is time to start reducing some calories, likely in the form of carbs or some fat. Just lower enough to re-start weight loss, maybe 200 calories at a time. Re-assess weekly; is the scale dropping? Are you seeing improvements in the mirror? Are your measurements decreasing (if you are measuring)?

If you are planning a cheat, then make it a meal only, not a full day. And make yourself earn it. For example, it you are planning on having a cheat dinner, than consciously eat slightly less than normal for your earlier meals of the day and also train harder that day. That will help compensate for the additional calories.

James 1:16-17 ESV
Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
With God's help...Mens sana in corpore sano
Old 05-06-2011, 08:18 PM
msruthie1 should change his/her status!
Stranger

Default Thank you so much!

Thanks for your honesty, I agree an attitude adjustment is needed. Maybe I'm clinging to my old psychological crutch, overeating! I know that what I'm eating needs to be given much more attention. I'm good with planning my training but I've never wanted to give the food the attention it deserves. Guess it's just time to grow up and get serious. Thanks so much for your suggestions...I'm on it!
Old 05-07-2011, 02:04 PM
klosey is 51 visitors online right now ! Let's get that number higher!!
Super Moderator

Commander prety much covered it.. the over eating thing i can hit.. i can eat for england.. literally.. i have in one sitting eaten 8 8-10oz steaks at an all you can eat buffet just because i could.. the big thing with over eating is most of the time its not actually hunger.. its thirst.. i carry around a 4litre bottle of water (squash currently lemon/lime flavoured - sugar free.. total 4calories .. ) and sip it all day untill its all gone.. (usually 6-8pm for me) and even when dieting (currently dieting) i dont feel that hungry between meals... the other advice is hobbies, alot of eating is from boredom for me personally, if i have things to do i dont tend to eat as much,
Old 05-07-2011, 03:49 PM
Commander is enjoying bodybuilding
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by klosey View Post
Commander prety much covered it.. the over eating thing i can hit.. i can eat for england.. literally.. i have in one sitting eaten 8 8-10oz steaks at an all you can eat buffet just because i could.. the big thing with over eating is most of the time its not actually hunger.. its thirst.. i carry around a 4litre bottle of water (squash currently lemon/lime flavoured - sugar free.. total 4calories .. ) and sip it all day untill its all gone.. (usually 6-8pm for me) and even when dieting (currently dieting) i dont feel that hungry between meals... the other advice is hobbies, alot of eating is from boredom for me personally, if i have things to do i dont tend to eat as much,
Excellent advice, you are exactly right regarding thirst. Drinking tons of fluids can really help take the edge off.

James 1:16-17 ESV
Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
With God's help...Mens sana in corpore sano
Old 01-19-2012, 05:21 AM
jannet should change his/her status!

Well I believe you need a shift in perspective, rather than viewing a healthy diet as deprivation, why don't you try to view being overweight as deprivation. While you are overweight, you are depriving yourself, your family, your friends, of a healthier, more active version of yourself.