Desoxy DHEA Lab Results - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > De Novo Nutrition > Supplement Research and Philosophy

Notices

Old 05-24-2011, 05:25 AM
Ben2285 is doing everything possible to progress
Lightweight

Default Desoxy DHEA Lab Results

Hello Everyone,

I wanted to share my results using Desoxy DHEA for a little under one month. I had pre and post labwork performed to ensure the product does what it is supposed to. Surely enough it does, and it took me from high (outside of normal range) estradiol to nicely within normal range. Overall a 39% reduction in estradiol with a slight (albeit not statistically significant) increase in testosterone.

No fluff or flashy marketing or products that just look good on paper.. De Novo Nutrition is about supplements that work and are taken the extra mile to be validated by science.

View the actual pre and post lab tests HERE

Any questions/comments are welcome!

make sure to "like" De Novo on facebook to get the most current updates!
www.denovonutrition.com
Old 05-24-2011, 08:06 AM
klosey is 51 visitors online right now ! Let's get that number higher!!
Super Moderator

To be honest you've answered the questions i was interested in..
1. test increase
2. estradiol decrease..

Only other question is whether once stop taking it, is there any sort of hormonal rebound or spike?? or do the levels stay pretty much the same.. Reason for these is my friend used the old DHEA and GABA and his blood work afterwords showed an estrogen rebound
Old 05-27-2011, 11:46 PM
Lightweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by klosey View Post
To be honest you've answered the questions i was interested in..
1. test increase
2. estradiol decrease..

Only other question is whether once stop taking it, is there any sort of hormonal rebound or spike?? or do the levels stay pretty much the same.. Reason for these is my friend used the old DHEA and GABA and his blood work afterwords showed an estrogen rebound
Excellent!

I honestly can't say I am certain for your question.. If by rebound you mean levels will return back to pre supplementation levels then I would say almost certainly yes.. As you probably know this is the case with just about any exogenous hormone manipulating compound. If you mean an increase to excess of pre supp. levels I would highly doubt it.. Though they are structurally very similar DHEA has totally different biological effects than the 3-deoxy version.. Really can't be sure without another blood test though.. I will be off for a month and will get another baseline measure after that time and make sure to post the results so we can both see!
www.denovonutrition.com
Old 05-28-2011, 08:53 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben2285 View Post
Excellent!

I honestly can't say I am certain for your question.. If by rebound you mean levels will return back to pre supplementation levels then I would say almost certainly yes.. As you probably know this is the case with just about any exogenous hormone manipulating compound. If you mean an increase to excess of pre supp. levels I would highly doubt it.. Though they are structurally very similar DHEA has totally different biological effects than the 3-deoxy version.. Really can't be sure without another blood test though.. I will be off for a month and will get another baseline measure after that time and make sure to post the results so we can both see!
Essential i was reffering to elevated estrogen afterwards.. as my training partner is very sensetive to gyno, alot of the test booster style products actually do effect it after use. The doctors put this down to a similar issue as AAS users experience where the body tries to level out estrogen and test levels but increases estrogen higher then original start point.. my training partner actually has experienced this twice from two alleged natural test boosters too.. D-AA and Ripped Test
Old 05-29-2011, 02:14 AM
Lightweight

Quote:
Essential i was reffering to elevated estrogen afterwards.. as my training partner is very sensetive to gyno, alot of the test booster style products actually do effect it after use. The doctors put this down to a similar issue as AAS users experience where the body tries to level out estrogen and test levels but increases estrogen higher then original start point.. my training partner actually has experienced this twice from two alleged natural test boosters too.. D-AA and Ripped Test
Is this clinically validated or is it his subjective opinion that it is increasing his estrogen based on his experience "on" or I guess after he comes off in this case. We are no longer comparing apples to apples though as DAA is not an aromatase inhibitor (I've never heard of ripped test). Yes, of course if you are boosting test and you naturally have high estrogen you will likely have an even greater conversion of T to E when T increases..or even if you don't have high estrogen, as when you increase test you have more substrate for aromatase to act upon. Also, DAA supplementation can have dramatically different outcomes in different individuals.. Of course this has not been shown in clinical trials (as there is only one study on the use of DAA in men) but I have seen numerous labs on people who have independently tested their hormonal response to DAA. Some individuals have a significant boost in both test and e2.. Some have an improportionate boost in estrogen and test really doesn't change..

I think a more appropriate comparison would be to other "steroidal" AI's such as 6oxo, and ATD.. Which are also structural manipulations of DHEA (sometimes labeled as androstene or etioallocholen) that function as anti estrogens. I am not familiar with anyone experiencing estrogen rebounds on these products after discontinuing use.
www.denovonutrition.com

Last edited by Ben2285; 05-29-2011 at 02:25 AM.
Old 06-01-2011, 08:45 PM
Super Moderator

Subjective.. He has used AAS for over 10 year but still tries natty test boosters and said they gave him similar post use effects...
ATD... when used in double dose... chaperall labs on forums recommend using it like you would on AAS PCT 21 day taper or low single dose to stop rebound.. again based to user reports nothing clinical
Old 06-18-2011, 03:10 AM
Venom is training, researching, or talking on ABC
Vice President Abcbodybuilding.com

That is pretty amazing bro, well done!

What about stacks? I.E. have u thought about stacking this with your test sup?!?!?
Co-Editor. of JHR

Venom@abcbodybuilding.com
Bible Studies
Click Here to Support the Future of Bodybuilding!

Matthew 7:20
And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.
Old 06-19-2011, 03:42 PM
paraman should change his/her status!
Stranger

Just to be sure, Desoxy DHEA is on the banned list for natural athletes isn't it?
Old 06-21-2011, 06:13 PM
Lightweight

Quote:
Subjective.. He has used AAS for over 10 year but still tries natty test boosters and said they gave him similar post use effects...
ATD... when used in double dose... chaperall labs on forums recommend using it like you would on AAS PCT 21 day taper or low single dose to stop rebound.. again based to user reports nothing clinical
I actually just had a baseline hormone analysis done again.. (about 3 weeks post supp). I will be sure to post the results as soon as I get them back and we can discuss !
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom View Post
That is pretty amazing bro, well done!

What about stacks? I.E. have u thought about stacking this with your test sup?!?!?
Thanks bud! Yes I have designed a crossover trial in which pre labs will be taken, T Plus will be used for 1 month, post labs will be taken, there will be a month washout period, then labs will be repeated around a 1 month stack of desoxy and T plus. This will help answer numerous questions and best of all each individual will act as their own control... crossover ftw hah
Quote:
Originally Posted by paraman View Post
Just to be sure, Desoxy DHEA is on the banned list for natural athletes isn't it?
I believe it is banned by the IOC, but each competitive organization is unique in what they ban specifically. I know OCB/IFPA does not have it on their banned sub list. DHEA use >50mg/day is banned but there is nothing in regards to desoxy dhea. If you are concerned the best bet is to check your respective organizations banned sub list online or to directly contact the head of the org.
www.denovonutrition.com
Old 06-21-2011, 08:15 PM
Venom is training, researching, or talking on ABC
Vice President Abcbodybuilding.com

That is so awesome! Have to let us know the findings of that stack! I have a feeling that combined they will be synergistic.
Co-Editor. of JHR

Venom@abcbodybuilding.com
Bible Studies
Click Here to Support the Future of Bodybuilding!

Matthew 7:20
And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.