Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Recreation > Members' Discussion:

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-31-2011, 05:03 PM
Commander is enjoying bodybuilding
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregsimo View Post
That is quite possibly one of the most important questions ever asked!
No doubt...that's why I asked.....let's see if he answers correctly.

James 1:16-17 ESV
Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
With God's help...Mens sana in corpore sano
Old 03-31-2011, 07:10 PM
arian11 is 500 deadlift achieved, time for a 500 squat!
Light-Heavyweight

If you had to pick one exercise to do for the rest of your life, which would it be and why?

This one is a tough one. The squat is the exercise I need the most work on and its known to be the king of all exercises. But my deadlift is the strongest out of the 3 lifts and my favorite because of it. I guess if I had to choose, I would play to my strengths and deadlift for the rest of my life and try to be one of the best deadlifters out there.

Toilet paper: over the top OR under from the bottom? (there's only 1 right answer)

I never even knew there was a choice until people started asking this question. I've always been an over the top guy. I wonder if they should put instructions on the bag of how to install your toilet paper in the rack, lol.

Favorite unhealthy food?

Pizza. I can't live without it. Especially if its on sale. Red Baron's pizza was on sale for $3.99 at Publix the other day, so I bought 3 of them for the week. And every once in awhile I go with friends to this pizza buffet place, Stevie B's. We pay $5 and demolish every pizza in the place. It's awesome.

"Technique is always the first place to begin when striving to improve at a specific skill."
My YouTube Page
Old 03-31-2011, 07:10 PM
WorkoutMchne is Getting Stronger Everyday
Middleweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander View Post
I don't think you'd want me as your nutritionist, I would just tell you to eat boatloads of oatmeal, ha, ha.
You're better than me. I give him cupcakes after training when he's here.

Arian:

1. A similar question was posed to me, so I'll ask it to you. If you could meet any 3 people from history (dead or alive). Who would they be? And why? What would you want to discuss with them?

2. Where is the one place in the world you would like to visit in your life, and why? What would you do there?

3. After squatting heavy three days a week can you envision yourself squatting nearly everyday at some point?
Florida Atlantic University
USAPL Raw Lifter
Old 03-31-2011, 07:22 PM
Commander is enjoying bodybuilding
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by arian11 View Post
Toilet paper: over the top OR under from the bottom? (there's only 1 right answer)

I never even knew there was a choice. I've always been an over the top guy.
Wow, an even better answer than I thought possible. You are correct, there is no choice, if you don't put it over the top, then yes, you do need instructions to install the next roll.

Well done Arian.

James 1:16-17 ESV
Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
With God's help...Mens sana in corpore sano
Old 04-01-2011, 12:37 PM
Light-Heavyweight

1. A similar question was posed to me, so I'll ask it to you. If you could meet any 3 people from history (dead or alive). Who would they be? And why? What would you want to discuss with them?

Wow, these questions are getting quite difficult. I always wanted to be an astronaut when I was a kid. So I'd probably have to meet Neil Armstrong and ask him what its like to be in outer space and what walking on the moon is like. To go along with that, I would probably want to meet Steven Hawking as well. I love watching his shows about black holes and the space/time continuum. It would be awesome to be able to ask him questions about stars and supernovas and alternate universes. Lastly, I'd probably want to talk to someone from the past, like Ben Franklin. He was one of the founding fathers and a great inventor. We could talk about what the US was meant to be and how its current state goes against that. I could also ask him how he came up with such great inventions and how I could become a better engineer.

2. Where is the one place in the world you would like to visit in your life, and why? What would you do there?

This one is another tough one. My first reaction was to say Iran because that's where my family is from. But its not the same as it use to be when my parents grew up there. But as a kid, I was always interested in Austrailia. All the cool animals that only live there got my attention as a kid. So I would probably go there and see some kangaroos, platpuses, wombats, and other animals. Also, I could go scuba diving in the Great Barrier Reef and swim with some sharks. I love watching shark shows on Discovery Channel and have always wanted to swim with a big great white or something.

3. After squatting heavy three days a week can you envision yourself squatting nearly everyday at some point?

I don't think there is no other choice. Now that my body knows what it feels like to squat 3 times a week, I can't just go back. That's like telling my body to get weak again. And putting 15 lbs on my squat in 3 weeks only proves that it works. So it is a must.

"Technique is always the first place to begin when striving to improve at a specific skill."
My YouTube Page
Old 04-02-2011, 02:12 AM
HardCory is working towards a lean 200
Super Moderator

What's your favorite sport to watch?

Play?

If you could give a newbie one piece of advice about lifting what would it be?
-Colossians 3:23

24-17 ABC Fight Corner
Workout Journal
http://www.twitter.com/CoryFever
Old 04-02-2011, 11:38 AM
Light-Heavyweight

What's your favorite sport to watch?

Football. Whether its watching NFL games or going to FSU games. Nothing gets better than some huge guys hitting each other head on.

Play?

Probably basketball because it is much easier to set up than football. And less injuries. Though I've basically given up playing so I can focus on getting strong.

If you could give a newbie one piece of advice about lifting what would it be?

Stay consistent. Even if you aren't doing the most optimal workout program, you will still get results from whatever you are doing if you stay consistent. The simplest program, like Starting Strength, will work if you put your time and effort into it.
So many people want to jump right into lifting weights with some crazy workout Arnold says he use to do or off some magazine. It usually has a ton of different exercises and different techniques like drop sets and super sets and static holds or whatever. Then by week 2 the person is too sore and too tired to continue and its basically over. 100% effort in the simplest program will give you better results than half-heartedly trying the best program out there.

My YouTube Page
Old 04-02-2011, 08:08 PM
WorkoutMchne is Getting Stronger Everyday
Middleweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by arian11 View Post
Stay consistent. Even if you aren't doing the most optimal workout program, you will still get results from whatever you are doing if you stay consistent. The simplest program, like Starting Strength, will work if you put your time and effort into it.
So many people want to jump right into lifting weights with some crazy workout Arnold says he use to do or off some magazine. It usually has a ton of different exercises and different techniques like drop sets and super sets and static holds or whatever. Then by week 2 the person is too sore and too tired to continue and its basically over. 100% effort in the simplest program will give you better results than half-heartedly trying the best program out there.
That's good advice for everyone.
Florida Atlantic University
USAPL Raw Lifter
Old 04-08-2011, 04:31 PM
bigbear6708 is working hard
Heavyweight

this question is stemming from a post Mike Z made on my facebook...

If you could pick any word, that if played, would make you instantly win the game Scrabble...what word would you pick?

finally got camera, more vids to come!
Old 04-08-2011, 05:02 PM
Light-Heavyweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbear6708 View Post
this question is stemming from a post Mike Z made on my facebook...

If you could pick any word, that if played, would make you instantly win the game Scrabble...what word would you pick?
Haha, very random and specific. If only Bieber Fever counted as one word, lol. I guess I'll have to go with the second best thing, "winning", lol.

My YouTube Page
Closed Thread