Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Recreation > Members' Discussion:

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2011, 01:19 AM
HardCory is working towards a lean 200
Super Moderator

Default arian11, You're in the Well

I'll get this thread started.

On your road to 200lbs what has been the most difficult thing thus far?
-Colossians 3:23

24-17 ABC Fight Corner
Workout Journal
http://www.twitter.com/CoryFever
Old 03-29-2011, 01:38 AM
arian11 is 500 deadlift achieved, time for a 500 squat!
Light-Heavyweight

Breaking through weight plateaus. All my childhood I was short and skinny. I could eat whatever and wouldn't gain weight. Even with lifting weights and eating more frequently throughout the day, I would always get stuck at particular weight plateaus. 2 summers ago I was down to 155 lbs and went on a bulk where I ate everything in my path to get up to 165 lbs. Then I got stuck there and couldn't eat my way up.

That was around when I met Mike (Workout Machine) and he got me away from bodybuilding type programs and go me on powerlifting type programs. I think that helped me break the plateau because I was focusing on heavy compound movements, which is what is best for skinny people. The increased frequency and focus on the lower body helped me break through the plateau and get up to 180 lbs. That was my next plateau that I couldn't break, even with having a 500 calorie protein shake after the gym and then a 1500 calorie frozen pizza a hour after.

Increased focus on lifting heavy and working out 5 times a week (squatting 3 times a week), has finally helped me break that plateau. I didn't bring my scale with me up to school so I have to go with what the gym scale says. But I was about 190 lbs a week ago with clothes and whatnot on. So I am getting ever closer to that 200 lbs. My original plan was to get to 200 lbs and then cut down what I needed, but that was back when I was in my bodybuilding phase. Now that I care much more about strength then being ripped or whatever, I'm not sure what I'm going to do when I get there. Maybe I'll just keep lifting heavy and eat a bit healthier and let me body level out to where it needs to be.

Sorry if this was a long post, can't wait for some more questions.

"Technique is always the first place to begin when striving to improve at a specific skill."
My YouTube Page
Old 03-29-2011, 12:15 PM
Commander is enjoying bodybuilding
Super Moderator

How did you find ABC?

How do you control the rage you must feel towards the policies at FSU's gym?

This question ripped from Andro in the original "In the Well":

If you could form Team Arian...what would it look like?

your workout partner?
Your nutritionist?
Your trainer?
Gym?
Sponsor?

James 1:16-17 ESV
Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
With God's help...Mens sana in corpore sano
Old 03-29-2011, 07:28 PM
Light-Heavyweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander View Post
How did you find ABC?
My old roommate actually showed me the site. We never came to the forums, just used the crazy workout routines that Jake and Gabe came up with. Then finally one day I decided to make a username and post on some threads and start a journal. The rest is history.

How do you control the rage you must feel towards the policies at FSU's gym?
By squatting heavier. And by going to the FAMU gym and Mike's garage as much as possible.

This question ripped from Andro in the original "In the Well":

If you could form Team Arian...what would it look like?

your workout partner?
Your nutritionist?
Your trainer?
Gym?
Sponsor?

Workout Partner/Trainer - Mike Z.
Nutritionist - Commander
Gym - My future gym in my future garage of my future house.
Sponsor - ABC Bodybuilding of course!
It would be cool to train with Arnold or Sly or someone awesome like that. But if I was building Team Arian, I would want it surrounded with friends that I know would make the best Arian possible.

"Technique is always the first place to begin when striving to improve at a specific skill."
My YouTube Page
Old 03-29-2011, 11:37 PM
Gregsimo is on a one way road to mass gaining
Middleweight

Where do you see yourself in 5 years time both professionally and lifting wise?
Old 03-29-2011, 11:46 PM
Light-Heavyweight

Well, I should be done with my Master's in 2 years. So that means I will be 2-3 years into my career and hopefully enjoying it. I should have a house by then with a gym in the garage so I don't have to deal with weak people lol. Lifting wise, my squat will hopefully actually be somewhat strong. Maybe in the 400 lbs range. That would mean my deadlift will be decently strong, somewhere in the 500 lbs range. That would allow me to put up some strong numbers at competitions and maybe actually win my weight class in a state competition, if Mike isn't in the same weight class as me. And if my strength is at that level, hopefully I'll have time to travel and do a national competition. Maybe with Mike and BigBear and some other powerlifters I know.

My YouTube Page
Old 03-30-2011, 05:43 PM
Super Moderator

I don't think you'd want me as your nutritionist, I would just tell you to eat boatloads of oatmeal, ha, ha.

Last movie you've seen? Review

Last book you've read (non-academic)? Motivation for reading it?

Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
Old 03-30-2011, 09:07 PM
Light-Heavyweight

I don't think you'd want me as your nutritionist, I would just tell you to eat boatloads of oatmeal, ha, ha.

I eat oatmeal for breakfast, but eating more probably wouldn't hurt.

Last movie you've seen? Review

I just finished watching Scott Pilgrim vs The World again. Awesome movie. Its got a great story with lots of little things throughout the movie. Very indie-like with the music and cool video game references and whatnot. The part where he battles the vegan is pretty hilarious too.

Last book you've read (non-academic)? Motivation for reading it?

Unfortunately, I am not a big book reader, academically or non-academically. I guess I was never a fast reader and didn't think reading was very interesting. But I do try to read articles and research papers that are weight lifting related. I was reading the Wilson brothers' paper on protein requirements for resistance training athletes because I was having a talk with someone about the amount of protein you need. Also, I was skimming through The Journal of Strength & Conditioning Research's site and read a paper about how effective Wii Fit games are compared to normal exercising. I don't own one but I just wanted to know if they actually work or not. And finally, I have been skimming through the Bible a bit. I like reading Proverbs and other sections on drinking, adultery, not living two lives, and whatnot. And I've been arguing with my friend about the Christians, Muslims, and what's going on in the world.

My YouTube Page
Old 03-31-2011, 11:56 AM
Super Moderator

If you had to pick one exercise to do for the rest of your life, which would it be and why?

Toilet paper: over the top OR under from the bottom? (there's only 1 right answer)

Favorite unhealthy food?

Old 03-31-2011, 02:57 PM
Gregsimo is on a one way road to mass gaining
Middleweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander View Post

Toilet paper: over the top OR under from the bottom? (there's only 1 right answer)
That is quite possibly one of the most important questions ever asked!