FSUpower's powerlifting journal - Page 9 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Online Training Journal

Notices

Old 07-29-2011, 04:10 AM
FSUpower should change his/her status!

Hit my 3x3@70% workouts. Nothing to write home about.

Max double squat 335. Might've had a bit more in me. Not really sure. It was really hard to gauge this because it wasn't an all out effort but it was still pretty taxing.

Finally think I fixed my deadlift form. Hips are lower, back stays arched. It was a completely different feeling. Way more stress in the hamstrings but back felt great. Easiest single at 335 I have ever pulled. I didn't want to truly max before performing a block with the new form for fear of inducing injury but I feel very good about this.

Bench, max double, 265 was easy. My father goaded me into a relatively easy single at 275. Although not paused I felt as if a 285 rep was definitely there. A 275 pause could've easily happened today.

Overall extremely pumped to finally see results like everyone else. Definitely motivated to get training with the team after this. Not letting you get away so quick Arian.
Old 07-29-2011, 11:36 AM
Commander is enjoying bodybuilding
Super Moderator

Great work, what is your bodyweight at?

I know you are pretty light which just makes those numbers even more impressive.

James 1:16-17 ESV
Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
With God's help...Mens sana in corpore sano
Old 07-29-2011, 12:42 PM
bigbear6708 is working hard
Heavyweight

Great job! Especially on bench, mine sucks!

finally got camera, more vids to come!
Old 07-29-2011, 12:57 PM
arian11 is 500 deadlift achieved, time for a 500 squat!
Light-Heavyweight

Did you video any of your lifts? I'm making a compilation of the club's lifts and I could use more videos of you.

"Technique is always the first place to begin when striving to improve at a specific skill."
My YouTube Page
Old 07-29-2011, 05:02 PM

Weigh in between 148 and 152 depending on daily diet. I was a bloated 152 for the squats and a very hungry 149 for the bench.

And I have no idea where the bench strength came from. Haven't even had 245 in my hands in over a month, and the weights felt really light in my hands.

I didn't video these. I should have. Maybe mike will give me permission to go for a 9.5 RPE or a 20 rep squat or deadlift and I can video that for you.
Old 08-03-2011, 09:42 PM

New block. Using 355, 275, 365 as my maxes for this block.

First workout was 5x5@285 or 80%, buried them. But definitely still feeling it two days later. Then deadlifts, hit 295 for three singles with no problems other than just fatigue.

Second workout was bench 5x5@220 and it was easy. Play weight. Then hit 3x5 at 135 for push press.

Can't wait to stop doing manual labor every day, it is killing my lifting energy. Deadlift night tonight.
Old 08-04-2011, 03:39 PM

Squat 3x1@285 easy and deep
Deadlift 1@345 then 3x3@275. Lower back was tired but form was better than usual I think. Still trying to get used to new form.
Old 08-05-2011, 01:10 PM
arian11 is 500 deadlift achieved, time for a 500 squat!
Light-Heavyweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSUpower View Post
New block. Using 355, 275, 365 as my maxes for this block.

First workout was 5x5@285 or 80%, buried them. But definitely still feeling it two days later. Then deadlifts, hit 295 for three singles with no problems other than just fatigue.

Second workout was bench 5x5@220 and it was easy. Play weight. Then hit 3x5 at 135 for push press.

Can't wait to stop doing manual labor every day, it is killing my lifting energy. Deadlift night tonight.

Yea, that is how I felt the entire fall semester when I was back home working every day. It turned into only working out once a week, it sucked.

"Technique is always the first place to begin when striving to improve at a specific skill."
My YouTube Page
Old 08-07-2011, 04:34 AM

Paused bench at 80% singles. Easy day.

Squat 6x3@305 didn't feel great but I got it. Buried everything too. Overall glad I stuck with it and got all the reps. Have to work hard to beat Arian at competition in a few months.

Bench 6x3@235, Wasn't too bad. My left wrist/elbow/shoulder was a little tweaked. Nothing serious but it definitely affected my form. Got in and hit my reps and got out. No assistance work, not trying to make the situation something worth worrying about. Resting up tonight, tomorrow, and Monday through the day hopefully I'll feel good to squat Monday night and that won't bother my arm at all. Either way training is going great as far as I am concerned. Need to check on my weight though as everyone has been telling me that I appear to be losing weight. Need to stay above 150. Might have to go to the gallon of whole milk deal again.

Anyways videos are up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bpNJudo95Q

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EvyReoFTYY
Old 08-27-2011, 03:41 AM

Maxed out for Mike's study. Hit 360, 275, and 345. Then a few days later hit 3x5 at 70% on squat and bench. Will be starting the program on Sunday. Will post the workouts for those interested. Got to get stronger than Arian.