My Fitness Journal - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Female Specific Athletic Forum

Notices

Old 05-30-2011, 03:25 AM
startintoday is awesome
Stranger

Default My Fitness Journal

Hello All!

Thought I would start a journal to keep track of my progress and what I'm up to. Since 5/16 I've lost 2% body fat, I've gained muscle, not sure how much though. I've also improved my bench by 10 lbs. My goal is to increase my bench by 40 lbs, decrease my bf to 14%, perfect diet and improve endurance. I'd like to run more for cardio but my right ankle gives me trouble so I'm doing precor/walking on incline/biking. I just bought a personal training package so I am excited to be pushed to my limits! As you can see I like to change things up, I get bored easily .

Here's my workout activity for the last week.
Sunday: biked 45 mins
Monday: Spinning & Pilates
Tuesday: 8 min jog, 20 mins on precor, boot camp & 20 more mins on precor
Wednesday: 5 min jog/Tabata training followed by weight lifting routine
Thursday: Cardio, 5 min jog then 40 mins on precore
Friday: met with trainer, 30 mins of anaerobic training then 40 mins of treadmill at an incline of 5.
Saturday: kayaking, walked 3.5 mile trail around lake, got home took a nap then Jillian Michaels ab workout.
Today: Jillian Michaels workout, bench press 5x5, DB press 3x12 & flat DB Flys 4x12

Diet: I'm still tweaking my diet, need to eat more protein and less fat.
log http://fitday.com/fitness/PublicJour...l?Owner=MonetR

Thanks for reading and God bless.
Old 05-31-2011, 04:08 AM
startintoday is awesome
Stranger

Default Today's workout

Went to 9:15am boot camp class, deadlifted in the afternoon 4x3 then walked two miles with 5 lb dbs and two miles with 10 lb dbs. I know a lot of people advice against this, fortunately I didn't injure myself. Diet is was pretty good all day, went to Don Pablo's tonight and ate chicken fajitas, hope that's not too awful.
Nighty Night
Old 06-15-2011, 03:41 AM
startintoday is awesome
Stranger

I'm keeping my calories at 1500 a day to lose body fat and at least one gram protein per lb. of my body weight.

Diet Today:
I had 90 g carb, 125g protein & 60g fat. Hopefully 90 carbs won't stall fat loss.
M1: protein shake & oatmeal
M2: carrots, PB & mozz Cheese
M3: chicken with low fat cheese & sour cream
Snack: almonds
M4: salmon & avocado wrap with broccoli
and drinking a Muscle Milk shake now

Went to boot camp & then the cardio routine below & 20 mins walking on incline 5.
  • Jog 1/4 mile (or 3 minutes)
  • Walk 1/8 mile (or 90 seconds)
  • Jog 1/2 mile (or 5 minutes)
  • Walk 1/4 mile (or 2-1/2 minutes)
  • Jog 1/4 mile (or 3 minutes)
  • Walk 1/8 mile (or 90 seconds)
  • Jog 1/2 mile (or 5 minutes)
Old 06-15-2011, 12:16 PM
Commander is enjoying bodybuilding
Super Moderator

Glad to see you aren't scared to deadlift and bench heavy. Do you squat as well?

Hope everything works for you, you seem dedicated.

In you second post, people are telling you not to walk with dumbbells? That sounds great to me, like an extended farmer's walk, just not as heavy.

If I had to take a guess, the people telling you not to walk with dumbbells probably aren't as fit as you are.

James 1:16-17 ESV
Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
With God's help...Mens sana in corpore sano
Old 06-16-2011, 04:08 AM
startintoday is awesome
Stranger

Hi Commander!

I squat at least once a week. I agree, you just have to listen to your body and forget what everyone says.

Diet today: around 1500 cals, 114g carbs, 63g fat & 124g of protein. I might just cut out my usual morning carbs and just have a protein shake in the morning.

Cardio:
Routine I first did:
Walk 3 mins
Jog 5 mins
Walk 3 mins
Jog 5 mins
Walk 3 mins
Jog 5 mins

Second cardio routine I did was incline minute-long intervals of 3, 6, 9 and 12 for five sets/20 mins. Then biked for 10 mins and walked around the park for an hour.
Old 06-17-2011, 03:32 AM
startintoday is awesome
Stranger

1500 cals today, I'm drinking Muscle Milk with soymilk now.

58g fat, 108g carbs & 134g protein

Met with trainer for a total body workout.

Cardio: 25 mins on stairstepper, 60 steps 1.5 mins and 90 steps for 30 seconds, it was intense....

Walked in the park. Have a lump on my calf that was treated by my Chiro yesterday and I am seeing him tomorrow. Hopefully I can get rid of this muscle injury because it affects my running.

Ciao!
Old 06-27-2011, 03:53 AM
startintoday is awesome
Stranger

Default my progress

I went to the nurse at my gym on 6-20. I weigh exactly the same as 5-16. The only difference is I've lost an inch on my waist and at least a half inch for all my other measurements. What concerned me is she measured my body fat with a caliper and it is 3% higher than last time. It would be more motivating to see it go down because now it feels like I am trying my best and still am where I started. I was thinking of going on the keto diet or mountain dog diet to gain muscle and burn fat at the same time.

As far as my workouts I still meet with the trainer 2x and go to bootcamp. I'm pretty active on the weekends last weekend I met with the trainer Saturday, did my incline interval routine, jogged 15 mins and stationary biked 22.5 miles. This weekend I met with my trainer yesterday and did 25 mins on the stairmaster 60 steps/90 steps interval. Today I did an hour on the elliptical and walked 12 miles.

I was thinking of doing one hour of cardio on the treadmill or elliptical and doing something low intensity to burn more calories like biking or walking. I am going to a Parkour class on Wednesday, it's time to take my level of fitness to the next level.
Old 06-27-2011, 03:54 AM
startintoday is awesome
Stranger

I went to the nurse at my gym on 6-20. I weigh exactly the same as 5-16. The only difference is I've lost an inch on my waist and at least a half inch for all my other measurements. What concerned me is she measured my body fat with a caliper and it is 3% higher than last time. It would be more motivating to see it go down because now it feels like I am trying my best and still am where I started. I was thinking of going on the keto diet or mountain dog diet to gain muscle and burn fat at the same time.

As far as my workouts I still meet with the trainer 2x and go to bootcamp. I'm pretty active on the weekends last weekend I met with the trainer Saturday, did my incline interval routine, jogged 15 mins and stationary biked 22.5 miles. This weekend I met with my trainer yesterday and did 25 mins on the stairmaster 60 steps/90 steps interval. Today I did an hour on the elliptical and walked 12 miles.

I was thinking of doing one hour of cardio on the treadmill or elliptical and doing something low intensity to burn more calories like biking or walking. I am going to a Parkour class on Wednesday, it's time to take my level of fitness to the next level and try something new.
Old 06-27-2011, 11:42 AM
Commander is enjoying bodybuilding
Super Moderator

If you weighed the same, but your waist and other measurements decreased by a significant amount (I'd call 1 inch significant as long as you are measuring under similar circumstances), then you likely shed some fat and gained some muscle.

Unless your trainer has done bazillions of caliper measurements, I wouldn't put too much faith in the bodyfat calculation.

James 1:16-17 ESV
Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
With God's help...Mens sana in corpore sano
Old 06-28-2011, 08:02 AM
klosey should change his/her status!
Super Moderator

dont get sucked into the whole caliper system.. use it yeah but use the mirror as well.. look is more important that numbers