Arian's Rise to Power - Page 16 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Online Training Journal

Notices

Old 04-07-2011, 03:45 AM
racerv should change his/her status!
Stranger

Maybe just take a break from squats and just go on the elliptical for 20-30 mins until your hips feel better. You got some insane leg strength already man haha you can squat and deadlift almost 100 lbs more than me but we have close to the same upper body strength.
Old 04-11-2011, 02:32 AM
arian11 is 500 deadlift achieved, time for a 500 squat!
Light-Heavyweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerv View Post
Maybe just take a break from squats and just go on the elliptical for 20-30 mins until your hips feel better. You got some insane leg strength already man haha you can squat and deadlift almost 100 lbs more than me but we have close to the same upper body strength.
Well I've tried two different times to take 4 full days off from squatting and it didn't help. I don't want to take more time off and forget how to squat. I worked out on Friday and did a longer warm up and things felt a bit better. I couldn't go as deep but better than other days. Hit 225 for 2 sets of 2. Then deadlifted 335 for 3 sets of 3.

New program starts tomorrow. Squat shoes and belt will be here soon. It'll be good to see how my squat improves with my new equipment.

"Technique is always the first place to begin when striving to improve at a specific skill."
My YouTube Page
Old 04-11-2011, 02:23 PM
bigbear6708 is working hard
Heavyweight

what shoes did you order? I want to get a pair, but would prefer an affordable pair!!!

finally got camera, more vids to come!
Old 04-11-2011, 04:20 PM
FSUpower should change his/her status!

He got the Pendlay Dowins. They are probably the best all around right now. Some of the higher end Nike and Adidas stuff is pretty cool. As for a more affordable pair, I think VS Athletics has a pair that are suede for about half the price.
Old 04-12-2011, 01:30 AM
Light-Heavyweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbear6708 View Post
what shoes did you order? I want to get a pair, but would prefer an affordable pair!!!
Yea I got the new Pendlay Do-Wins. They are $100, I don't know if that is expensive for you. FSUPower has some VS Athletics on the way, we'll see if he likes those for half the price.

Workout 1 - 4/11/11 - Squat & Deadlift

Squat:
205x5x5

Deadlift (WtxSetsxReps):
335x3x1

Started the next 3 week block today. Hip flexors didn't feel too great with just the bar but felt better using Mike's belt. So I used the belt for all my squat and deadlift work thereafter. Only my 2nd time using a belt so it's still very weird.

"Technique is always the first place to begin when striving to improve at a specific skill."
My YouTube Page
Old 04-12-2011, 04:48 PM

I love my belt. It is great once you get used to pushing out against it. Especially when unracking and when coming out of the hole. That is when I feel it contributing the most.
Old 04-12-2011, 06:04 PM
bigbear6708 is working hard
Heavyweight

$100 is not bad...but at the same time, I have a family, so that $100 could be "better" spent. If I can justify a purchase in my head, then its ok..not like $100 is gonna break the bank..lol. we will wait for the FSU words of approval/disapproval!!!

finally got camera, more vids to come!
Old 04-12-2011, 08:29 PM
Light-Heavyweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSUpower View Post
I love my belt. It is great once you get used to pushing out against it. Especially when unracking and when coming out of the hole. That is when I feel it contributing the most.
I actually feel I push out against it pretty well. The problem was that Carlin and Sam's belts were too tight for me so it was hard to get into position for deadlifts. Then I tried Mike's which felt good but I guess I had it too low and the bottom pinched my skin at the bottom of the squat. So my skin on my hips was all red. Once I have my own I can set it to a good tightness for me and make sure to wear it higher and hopefully I'll be fine.

My YouTube Page
Old 04-13-2011, 02:51 AM
Light-Heavyweight

Workout 2 - 4/12/11 - Bench Press

Bench Press:
170x5x5

Military Press (WtxSetsxReps):
85x3x5

Everything felt good. Squat shoes came in today. Tried it out with some bodyweight squats at home and it felt good. Can't wait to try them out at the gym tomorrow.

My YouTube Page
Old 04-13-2011, 05:11 AM

I didn't even lace mine up all the way, I merely cinched the straps decently tight. They feel great. Depth felt like it was easier even with my back injury. Knees felt good. Really stable, great grip. Assuming they don't fall into shreds before summer is over, they will definitely be worth the money I spent.