Arian's Rise to Power - Page 15 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Online Training Journal

Notices

Old 03-27-2011, 12:38 AM
arian11 is 500 deadlift achieved, time for a 500 squat!
Light-Heavyweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbear6708 View Post
Great job on the volume block man! Also, nice PRs...one of these days, when the army takes me back down south, I will workout iin the PL mecca of Mike's garage!!! Anything great panned for after the taper?
Haha, you definitely should come. It's awesome. Whatever Mike has planned for me. I'm guessing a strength block to prepare me for a June 18th competition if I decide to compete. I don't want to go if I'm not considerably stronger. So I might just get super strong from now till November when there will be a competition here in Tallahassee.

"Technique is always the first place to begin when striving to improve at a specific skill."
My YouTube Page
Old 03-27-2011, 01:09 AM
bigbear6708 is working hard
Heavyweight

Awesome man! I've only done one meet, but am completely hooked. I would compete all the time, but having a family really limits me to abut twice a year..which is cool by me. You should blow off the june meet and prepare for raw nationals in scranton, pa...that way we can get an abc team together!!!

finally got camera, more vids to come!
Old 03-28-2011, 01:14 AM
Light-Heavyweight

Quote:
Awesome man! I've only done one meet, but am completely hooked. I would compete all the time, but having a family really limits me to abut twice a year..which is cool by me. You should blow off the june meet and prepare for raw nationals in scranton, pa...that way we can get an abc team together!!!

Haha, yea competing all the time would be awesome but its not feasible. You wouldn't be gaining strength because you would constantly be peaking and recovering. That's why I want to make sure I am much stronger before I compete again. My plan was to squat 300, bench 225, and deadlift over 400 next time I compete. I got the deadlift but my squat and bench need work. It would be awesome to compete in nationals but I am nowhere near as strong as I should be to go compete for that.

"Technique is always the first place to begin when striving to improve at a specific skill."
My YouTube Page
Old 03-31-2011, 01:26 AM
Light-Heavyweight

3/30/11 - Taper Week

Squat @ 9.5 RPE
260x1
275x1 (NEW +15 LBS PR)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rpzx3n26Dhs

Bench Press @ 9.5 RPE
225x1 (NEW +10 LBS PR)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XG2v3NX7HSY
235xMiss
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFp8rz4fxwU

I went slower on the decent for 235 because I thought I went too quick for 225. This caused me to get stuck and my spotter had to help me through that point so I could finish the lift. Oh well, still got a squat and bench PR to go with my deadlift PR.

Unfortunately my hip flexors still felt very tight today even after 4 full days of rest from squatting. I fear that its more of a small injury than just soreness from squatting so much. So I might have to take it alittle easy this week and let it heal up. Don't want to make it worse.

My YouTube Page
Old 03-31-2011, 04:06 AM
FSUpower should change his/her status!

Good PRs, strong spotter, foam roll, I am going out of town tomorrow so I can't hit my singles with you at FAMU which pisses me off but the family want to see me the weekend before my birthday and I obliged, I'll follow on here until I get back but let me know if you hit anything crazy or start a new block.
Old 03-31-2011, 01:09 PM
Light-Heavyweight

Thanks. You are always out of town. I'm doing a light workout on Friday, like 3x3 at 80%, so you won't be missing anything.

My YouTube Page
Old 03-31-2011, 01:47 PM
bigbear6708 is working hard
Heavyweight

great job on the PRs man! as far as the hip flexors go, and I know Mike is against any form of cardio...lol, maybe try going for a jog..nothing killer. It seems to me, the more I rest, the sorer I stay. If i jog with my dog, it almost instantly loosens me up..just a thought!

finally got camera, more vids to come!
Old 03-31-2011, 06:46 PM
WorkoutMchne is Getting Stronger Everyday
Middleweight

Awesome job, you earned. But, back to work...must have more, this is just the start.
Florida Atlantic University
USAPL Raw Lifter
Old 04-01-2011, 11:43 PM
Light-Heavyweight

Quote:
great job on the PRs man! as far as the hip flexors go, and I know Mike is against any form of cardio...lol, maybe try going for a jog..nothing killer. It seems to me, the more I rest, the sorer I stay. If i jog with my dog, it almost instantly loosens me up..just a thought!

Thanks BigBear. I do take my dog for walks, so I'm not just laying in bed resting all the time. But I do get what you are saying. It still hurt today so I tried front squats and it didn't hurt. We couldn't quite figure out why, maybe something with the shift in position of the weight. And we're tried to figure out how I hurt my hip flexors. The only thing we could come up with is that maybe I descended too fast and went lower than normal and maybe just strained something. Oh wells, I'm sure it'll go away soon.

4/1/11 - Taper Week

Front Squat
135x3x3

Bench Press
175x3x3

Like I mentioned, no pain when I tried front squatting so I just stuck with that. Should give whatever is hurt alittle rest. Plus I got some practice at staying upright more when I squat.

My YouTube Page
Old 04-07-2011, 03:21 AM
Light-Heavyweight

4/6/11 - Taper week #2

Things didn't feel any better after resting Sat, Sun, Mon, and Tues. It may have even been worse since now front squats hurt as well. So I said screw it and worked up to 185 for 3 on bench and then 2 sets of 243 for 1 on squat. Ordered some squat shoes online. Hopefully they'll be here in time for my new routine next week.

My YouTube Page