Return to ABC - Cutting transformation #2 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Online Training Journal

Notices

Old 07-10-2010, 06:44 AM
AtomicJim is back in action
Heavyweight

Default Return to ABC - Cutting transformation #2

Registering here so long ago, this site has come so far and I am **** proud to return to see the progression. I joined these forums in high school, sitting at almost 300lbs @ 5'9 and it helped me drop down to 140 and build back up to nearly 200 >10% bf.

Now I'm in my last year of college and the years have taken their toll on me. I don't need to run through the stereotypical college party experience, but I need to lose 40lbs - 10 for each year of school (lol). I'm quitting my pack/day cigarette habit tomorrow and really hitting the gym for the first time in quite awhile and it's not going to be pretty.

The plan is to reintroduce my body into serious lifting over the next week or two; light compound movements, calisthenics and some cardio . I've always responded best to reverse pyramid training but I'll save that for later.

Stats
24yo 5'9
220lbs, bf% est. around 25-30%
pics later

Tentative split
Mon: Back/Shoulders/Biceps
Tues: Cardio
Wed: Hams/Quads/Calves
Thur: Calisthenics/Abs
Fri: Chest/tri's/Traps/Forearms
Sat: Cardio
Sun: Off

Planning on getting abs worked in 3-4 times a week, but I intend on hitting them when I've got the energy.

Diet
Breakfast
Turkey Bacon
Eggs
Steel Oats
OJ

Lunch
Leftover dinner (lol again)

Dinner
Steak/Chicken/Salmon
Boiled greens/salad
Cous Cous/Rice

Before bed
Casein blend

Throwing in a handful of almonds/peanuts for a energy boost sometime during the day and including my PWO shake immediately after training.

Posting my first workout after training while drinking my shake (always seems like a good time to record).

I have the time to train... When I have the time... Work, class, volunteering and I run a fraternity, it's a pain but I'm dedicating the time no matter what happens.

Let's do this
Old 07-11-2010, 12:54 AM
Commander is enjoying bodybuilding
Super Moderator

Welcome back to ABC!

You made the transformation once, you can do it again.

Reverse pyramids are nice, I did them for awhile after reading an article about them. Lee Labrada used to use them.

James 1:16-17 ESV
Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
With God's help...Mens sana in corpore sano