Blessings - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Recreation > The Sanctuary

Notices

Old 06-22-2011, 02:34 PM
Wizard24 is mixing up the diet.
Lightweight

Default Blessings

One of our ministers recently told my wife that we should start keeping a list to track all of the blessings that God provides for us throughout the week. Many of these things are small in nature and can easily be forgotten or not even realized as they happen. However when you write them down you can go back and look at them later if we find ourselves a little down, our faith wanes a bit, or we find ourselves going through an extended trial. This helps to remind us how much God is involved in our lives. How much He cares for and loves us and provides for our needs.

We have started to do this and have found 2 more added benefits. First is that we share these with each other and our children at the end of the day or week and it helps bring us closer as a family and to God. It has also helped our daily prayer life since now I have a list of things that I can thank God for specifically and praise Him even more for them.

In this vane I thought it would be a good idea to start a thread up here along the same lines. I think that most of us wait and hope for the huge blessings (miracle type things which rarely happen) that we fail to see all the wonderful little things, or at least I know I do. Whenever you notice something that is a blessing to you during your day please feel free to post it here so we can all see how much God really does work in our lives. I would expect that most of these things will be small, usually not discernable upon first glance, but please list all that you can think of. I have 2 recent ones to start off.

1. We had some family that was unexpectedly going to be joining us for dinner and we didnít have enough cash on hand (or in the budget) to cover all of the groceries that we needed once we got to the register. We were about $15 short. I told my wife to use the cash we had and put the rest on the debit card and we would adjust the budget when we got home by taking it out of something else. When she did, the person checking us out messed up and put in that we were paying the entire amount in cash. She had to get a manager to try to correct it. After going with the manager to the customer service desk and waiting for a few minutes while he tried to figure out how to correct the issue and ring us up for the remaining items we hadnít paid for he finally said, ďJust forget about it. Take the groceries and Iíll adjust the cashierís register later.Ē $15 worth of free groceries and we had a great meal w/ family and all had plenty to eat.

2. Just yesterday I pulled into a gas station to fill up my car. I put my card into prepay and before I could put in my code a text popped up on the screen that said ď$10 Prepaid, Choose Your Gas Now.Ē At first I was going to go in a talk to the cashier about it but then I thought that this must be a blessing from God and not stealing or being dishonest (I could be wrong, but that is what I sincerely believe and think it is an answer to prayer). So I pumped the $10 worth of gas and then completed a transaction to fill up the rest of my tank.

$15 here and $10 there will seem insignificant to most, but I do believe that if we canít see and be thankful for the small blessings, we wonít ever receive the big ones.
"Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away." - Matthew 24:35

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law." - Galations 5:22-23