ElitePL242's Journal - Page 9 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Online Training Journal

Notices

Old 04-06-2011, 11:47 AM
Commander is enjoying bodybuilding
Super Moderator

Good luck at the meet!

James 1:16-17 ESV
Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
With God's help...Mens sana in corpore sano
Old 04-06-2011, 05:41 PM
bigbear6708 is working hard
Heavyweight

Good luck man!

finally got camera, more vids to come!
Old 04-07-2011, 01:06 AM
ElitePL242 is eating.
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSUpower View Post
Awesome stuff, looking forward to meet results. Keep us posted.
definitely will do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander View Post
Good luck at the meet!
thanks man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbear6708 View Post
Good luck man!
thanks. i appreciate it fellas. it really means a lot.

"the difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will."

AMDG.

"To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
Old 04-07-2011, 03:21 PM
superbilt is getting stronger than ever
Super-Heavyweight

Putting up some huge numbers on all lifts. Dominate at the meet.
Once I stick to the program I am going to get really strong.
NO LIMITS!!
http://www.youtube.com/user/ironbilt727
Old 04-14-2011, 03:10 AM
ElitePL242 is eating.
Rookie

meet results: nasa ohio state meet - 4/9/11

weight: 239

squat:
1st attempt - 262.5/578lbs - 3 whites
2nd attempt - 282.5/623lbs - 2 whites, called for depth on 1 side, american record
3rd attempt - 292.5/645lbs - missed, stalled out at my sticking point, heaviest squat of the day out of everyone

bench:
1st attempt - 160/353lbs - 2 reds, butt came off the bench, every other lifter said it looked fine, easy
2nd attempt - 170/375lbs - missed, kept my butt down, stalled at my sticking point
3rd attempt - 170/375lbs - missed

deadlift:
1st attempt - 265/584lbs - 3 whites, kinda heavy
2nd attempt - 275/606lbs - 3 reds, bar caught my leg and caused the bar to almost slip out of my hands causing the bar to move downwards
3rd attempt - 275/606lbs - 3 reds, called for hitching (i have no idea where they got that from)

i really have nothing to say about this meet. i'll just pretend it never happened. i am also going to be taking a break from strictly powerlifting for a while to give myself a break; both mentally and physically. i will also not be competing in another nasa meet, not because i don't like them, i just don't like having to wait 30 minutes in between attempts. i'm also not leaving powerlifting, i will be back to do another meet some time in the near future, i can't end my career on a meet like this.

thanks for all the support guys and i apologize for my horrendous performance. it wasn't from a lack of effort, i can tell you that.

"To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
Old 04-14-2011, 02:28 PM
arian11 is 500 deadlift achieved, time for a 500 squat!
Light-Heavyweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElitePL242 View Post
meet results: nasa ohio state meet - 4/9/11

weight: 239

squat:
1st attempt - 262.5/578lbs - 3 whites
2nd attempt - 282.5/623lbs - 2 whites, called for depth on 1 side, american record
3rd attempt - 292.5/645lbs - missed, stalled out at my sticking point, heaviest squat of the day out of everyone

bench:
1st attempt - 160/353lbs - 2 reds, butt came off the bench, every other lifter said it looked fine, easy
2nd attempt - 170/375lbs - missed, kept my butt down, stalled at my sticking point
3rd attempt - 170/375lbs - missed

deadlift:
1st attempt - 265/584lbs - 3 whites, kinda heavy
2nd attempt - 275/606lbs - 3 reds, bar caught my leg and caused the bar to almost slip out of my hands causing the bar to move downwards
3rd attempt - 275/606lbs - 3 reds, called for hitching (i have no idea where they got that from)

i really have nothing to say about this meet. i'll just pretend it never happened. i am also going to be taking a break from strictly powerlifting for a while to give myself a break; both mentally and physically. i will also not be competing in another nasa meet, not because i don't like them, i just don't like having to wait 30 minutes in between attempts. i'm also not leaving powerlifting, i will be back to do another meet some time in the near future, i can't end my career on a meet like this.

thanks for all the support guys and i apologize for my horrendous performance. it wasn't from a lack of effort, i can tell you that.

Congrats on the American record. How much did the bar go down your hand that they noticed the bar moving downwards? Weird. Do you have any videos of your lifts for us to see?

"Technique is always the first place to begin when striving to improve at a specific skill."
My YouTube Page
Old 04-14-2011, 04:40 PM
superbilt is getting stronger than ever
Super-Heavyweight

Great job on the Squat record. The good thing about powerlifting is their are plenty of organizations and meets. Sometimes changing training up can lead to great results from working on things you usually don't.
Once I stick to the program I am going to get really strong.
NO LIMITS!!
http://www.youtube.com/user/ironbilt727
Old 04-14-2011, 06:39 PM
bigbear6708 is working hard
Heavyweight

Great job on the squat! Why such a long wait between attempts?

finally got camera, more vids to come!
Old 04-15-2011, 01:05 AM
ElitePL242 is eating.
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by arian11 View Post
Congrats on the American record. How much did the bar go down your hand that they noticed the bar moving downwards? Weird. Do you have any videos of your lifts for us to see?
thanks, but i don't want it to count, and i'm pretty sure it doesn't. the bar didn't move much, but enough to be noticed. i don't have any videos. i attended the meet alone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superbilt View Post
Great job on the Squat record. The good thing about powerlifting is there are plenty of organizations and meets. Sometimes changing training up can lead to great results from working on things you usually don't.
yeah, we'll see how things turn out. it will definitely be interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbear6708 View Post
Great job on the squat! Why such a long wait between attempts?
there were only 2 flights of squat/deadlift and 3 flights of bench. there were probably 20-25 people per flight and only 1 platform.

Old 10-22-2011, 01:44 AM
ElitePL242 is eating.
Rookie

just a quick update:

i ran the juggernaut method twice-ish and i pulled 510x9 @ 238ish today. i got stuck on 10 right above my knees.

starting next week, i'm going to run a bodybuilding program for a while to give my body a break. after that, i'll more than likely get back to powerlifting. still have to get that 700 deadlift...