Arian - Nothing to do but lift - Page 2 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Online Training Journal

Notices

Old 05-12-2010, 02:45 PM
misterjaydubyoo should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by arian11 View Post
5/12/10

So I got a call the other day from Gold's Gym about a free fitness assessment and I decided to try it out. It was today at 9am, so I was going to do that and then do my deadlift routine but I never got to deadlifting because the assessment was pretty tiring.

Basically warmed up on the bike (bike > running according to Dr. Wilson) to start. Then we did like a pre-fatique on the leg extension machine, two sets. The first real exercise was a machine squat, focusing on 60 secs of squatting, two sets. Then proceeded to do 60 secs of holding a wall squat on only my toes. Moved on to two sets of seated calf raises, 30 reps each and then finished off with one set of back extensions. Did some occlusion DB curls when I came home.

It was short but intense because he barely let me rest. It was nice to do something different. Afterwards we talked some about parts of a good workout routine, various training certifications, and then his sales pitch on getting a personal trainer. It didn't sound too bad because I've always worked out by myself and its always good to have someone above you teaching you and having someone below you for you to teach. The only problem is obviously the money part. I can do 90 days of $30/session or try out 3 sessions for $99. I told him I'd think about it and meet up with him on Monday because I'm going out of town. I feel like I should be able to get into any shape I want by myself with my knowledge and everything we have on ABC. But it would also be nice to have a training partner that would push me hard and have me learn some new things, I'm always interested in learning new methods and techniques. I'll have to think about it some and see if its worth shelling out the money for.
Just saw your progress pics, nice work.

As for the trainer. If you want an honest opinion, I'd say if you are willing to pay to have a "partner" then you need to reassess your motivation.

Quote:
Motivation is a fire from within. If someone else tries to light that fire under you, chances are it will burn very briefly." --Stephen R. Covey
I understand wanting a partner, hell I have had them come and go for years. But what I am saying is that with the progress you have already made, and the wealth of knowledge on this site, why would you PAY someone that sort of money? It is obvious you are on the right track. Just my two cents. Good luck.

http://s290.photobucket.com/albums/l...urrent=445.mp4
Old 05-12-2010, 04:46 PM
Gregsimo is on a one way road to mass gaining
Middleweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by arian11 View Post
5/12/10

I feel like I should be able to get into any shape I want by myself with my knowledge and everything we have on ABC. But it would also be nice to have a training partner that would push me hard and have me learn some new things, I'm always interested in learning new methods and techniques. I'll have to think about it some and see if its worth shelling out the money for.
I have made friends with literally everyone in my gym so someone to motviate me, spot me etc when my training buddy isnt there is now easy. I know alot of people dont advocate talking between sets but atleast the talk is about our workouts, techniques, diet, occlusion etc. As a result I wouldnt pay money to have someone help me, ive got all the help i need right here on ABC and from others in the gym.
Old 05-16-2010, 05:30 PM
arian11 is 500 deadlift achieved, time for a 500 squat!
Light-Heavyweight

Back from my trip. Thanks for all the great advice guys. I think I will listen to you guys and save my money. Instead, I will use my knowledge, the information on here, and the help from you guys to get to where I want. Compacted DE Bench and DE Squat today, here is how it went:

5/16/10 - DE Bench & DE Squat

Dynamic Effort Bench:
85/3
85/3
95/3
95/3
95/3
95/3
105/3
105/3

Dynamic Effort Squat:
100/3
100/3
110/3
110/3
110/3
110/3
120/3
120/3

Pullups supersetted with DB Rear Delt-

Pullups:
4 (Neutral Grip)

DB Rear Delt:
35/10
35/10
35/8
35/8

10 minutes on bicycle machine
Heart rate was between 115-130 bpm

Occluded Single-Leg Standing Calf Raises:
BW/25
BW/20
BW/18
BW/15

The dynamic work went well but I was pretty tired afterward. Probably because I only had a protein shake and then NO Xplode pre-workout. Just got back from my trip so I haven't gone grocery shopping yet. My pullup strength really dropped between sets but it'll come back once I prepare better pre-workout. Did cardio for the first time in a long while. It was easy, took breaths through my nose the whole time. Then I came home and did some occluded calf work.

Gold's Gym has a nice online tracking program for workouts, weight, and nutrition. So I decided to input all my food intake for today to see how I'm doing nutrition wise. I will probably do it tomorrow as well since today is not an average food intake day since I need to go grocery shopping. But I will try and hit 2450 calories and 47% carbs, 33% protein, and 20% fat. This should set me up to lose 1 lbs/week so I can lose 3 lbs in 3 weeks while I'm on my mini cut. The 33% protein comes out to 202 grams which should be enough to maintain as much muscle as possible since I am 178 lbs and probably won't be doing too much cardio.

"Technique is always the first place to begin when striving to improve at a specific skill."
My YouTube Page
Old 05-16-2010, 11:10 PM
President Wilson is hard at work
Administrator

Nice workouts man, Im impressed

How long will you be cutting?

About me --> http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/presidentprofile.html
Old 05-17-2010, 01:58 AM
Light-Heavyweight

My thoughts right now are to go on a 3 week cut and lose 1 lbs a week. Hopefully that will end up being 3 lbs of fat loss and I'll drop a couple of percentages in body fat. I'm probably going to see Mike (Workout Machine) tomorrow or Tuesday, so I'll talk to him about it and see what he thinks. I'm not sure how long I'll be able to stay on his routine and improve strength while I'm on a caloric deficit.

"Technique is always the first place to begin when striving to improve at a specific skill."
My YouTube Page
Old 05-19-2010, 02:37 AM
Light-Heavyweight

5/18/10 - Heavy Bench

Bench Press:
170/6
175/4
190/5 (PR)

Close-Grip Bench Press:
135/10
155/5
155/5

Weighted Dips:
45/5
45/5
45/5

Worked out with Mike in his garage today. Hit a PR with 190 for 5 which Mike thinks means that I could hit 225 which has been my goal for a long time. I don't know if I posted all my goals so here they are:

Deadlift 425 (20 over current PR)
Squat 275 (20 over current PR)
Bench 225 (10 over current PR)
Military 175 (10 over current PR)

WHEN I hit those at the end of this cycle, I'll have over a 900 lbs total and then I can go for a 1000 lbs total by the end of the year. Should be fun!

My YouTube Page
Old 05-19-2010, 06:12 PM
Light-Heavyweight

5/19/10 - Heavy Squat

Squat:
200/4
210/2
220/1

Horrible day at the gym today, was supposed to be 6, 4, 2+ rep scheme. I was just too tired. I got a puppy last night and so I didn't eat much last night and then had to wake up several times in the middle of the night to take him out. This definitely took a toll on me because I just wasn't feeling it. Bar didn't feel good on my back, feet didn't feel good on the floor, and I was just too tired to hit enough reps. Hopefully I'll have energy to go hit heavy military tonight or tomorrow.

My YouTube Page
Old 05-19-2010, 06:51 PM
President Wilson is hard at work
Administrator

Hey bro,

do you usually squat in that rack? I feel the metal surface is unstable, and every time I have squatted in it my lifts go down horribly. I bet you would have gotton your normal reps in the normal rack

Anyway, I am starting to really like Arian, and now I know why he and Mike are such good friends. Ive seen him 3 times in the gym. The first time he was squatting, the second time he was deadlifting, and the third he was squatting again.

About me --> http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/presidentprofile.html
Old 05-19-2010, 07:47 PM
Ellingham is getting lean
Middleweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by President Wilson View Post
Hey bro,

do you usually squat in that rack? I feel the metal surface is unstable, and every time I have squatted in it my lifts go down horribly. I bet you would have gotton your normal reps in the normal rack

Anyway, I am starting to really like Arian, and now I know why he and Mike are such good friends. Ive seen him 3 times in the gym. The first time he was squatting, the second time he was deadlifting, and the third he was squatting again.
ABC teaches people well
Old 05-20-2010, 02:35 AM
WorkoutMchne is Getting Stronger Everyday
Middleweight

Don't worry about missing a rep on the squat, just get mad and take care of it next time. It's all about the preparation and it sounds like it fell short a little. No big deal, you learn and next time you'll hit 225 for reps, I have no doubt.

"Preparation is the key that unlocks the door to success."
Florida Atlantic University
USAPL Raw Lifter