Whey Man's venture into the I, Bodybuilder program + Anaconda protocol*~*~* - Page 3 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Online Training Journal

Notices

Old 03-24-2010, 08:23 PM
Whey Man is procrastinating.
Light-Heavyweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad View Post
Yo yo yo yo (sorry too much hip-hop lately)

Here are a couple of thoughts I had:

Did you watch the workout videos?

There are ONLY 3 sets of clusters, 3 reps and NO max rep set. The goal is to activate, not to destroy.

Here are how my clusters looked like when I did it :

245 x 1 10 secs x 1 10 sec x 1
265 x 1 10 secs x 1 10 secs x 1
300 x 1 10 secs x 1 10 secs x 1

Next exercises, Incline Benchpress, you should try to stay in 3 rep range at all times, but I guess you wanted to max a bit so you went a little bit higher, but there is NO max set on that exercise. Max sets only are at the end of the workout to finish off the muscle group.

From experience, specialization routines like this will catch up on you later on, on week 3-5 if you are going at it for that long, shoulders will get run down and it will happen gradually so inreasing the volume right now is not recommended.

I do know the feeling, you are feeling bulletproof, but it will just speed up the fatigue and will backfire on later weeks. Stick to the program as written.
Thanks, I'm completely aware of how much more overboard I went. I'm a higher volume guy...so it's just really hard, or maybe even TOO hard I should say, to stop when I know I can go for more.

I'm going to try to stick with the written workout as prescribed....and actually I normally do so...but if I get that itch to do more on certain days, I'll push it further more often than not. That was the 2nd or 3rd time in 3 weeks I've done more than the program called for.

Old 03-31-2010, 02:31 AM
Whey Man is procrastinating.
Light-Heavyweight

Hey guys, sorry for the delay. I've had an interesting week with multiple Mayo visits and school projects and what not....plus I lost the papers I wrote my workouts on. :P But I DO know that from the beginning of week 1 to the end of week 3, my strength definitely increased on the shoulder spec program. Of the top of my head, I AT LEAST added 10 pounds to my shoulder press from pins. Danget, I really wish I didn't lose my logs. I'll try to find them.

But anyway, I started the back spec program today. I'll be posting that tonight. Must say though, I was SOOOOOOO tempted to do more work after wards. Still having trouble with this lower volume set up. Getting good work in...but still.

Edit - Oh yeah...I forgot. It's been awhile since I tried maxeing out on the bench press, but I added 20 pounds to my 3 rep max. So I improved there as well. It's actually pretty cool, I'm stronger now than I was even BEFORE my surgery (when I lost literally ALL of my mass and strength). God is good.

Last edited by Whey Man; 03-31-2010 at 02:34 AM.
Old 03-31-2010, 03:20 PM
bigbear6708 is working hard
Heavyweight

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whey Man View Post
Hey guys, sorry for the delay. I've had an interesting week with multiple Mayo visits and school projects and what not....plus I lost the papers I wrote my workouts on. :P But I DO know that from the beginning of week 1 to the end of week 3, my strength definitely increased on the shoulder spec program. Of the top of my head, I AT LEAST added 10 pounds to my shoulder press from pins. Danget, I really wish I didn't lose my logs. I'll try to find them.

But anyway, I started the back spec program today. I'll be posting that tonight. Must say though, I was SOOOOOOO tempted to do more work after wards. Still having trouble with this lower volume set up. Getting good work in...but still.

Edit - Oh yeah...I forgot. It's been awhile since I tried maxeing out on the bench press, but I added 20 pounds to my 3 rep max. So I improved there as well. It's actually pretty cool, I'm stronger now than I was even BEFORE my surgery (when I lost literally ALL of my mass and strength). God is good.
I feel the same way about my body as you do about yours in that last thought...I am stronger now, and my body looks better compositionally since after my surgery. i went from about 210 to close to 180 ish and lost everything...it came back fast...your workouts are looking good too..and I wish I would have commented before you bought the anaconda protocol...my thoughts are, if something is that expensive, its only cuz they need to make it seem "elite and in demand"...at least u tried it tho haha