Notices

Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2010, 06:56 PM
Venom is training, researching, or talking on ABC
Vice President Abcbodybuilding.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander View Post
My first question is:
Can you elaborate on the above? Seems like it could be a funny story.

Other passions outside of powerlifting and marathon running?
I'm guessing because his handwriting is atrocious...as is mine. Layne won't let me label things on experiment day lol. :-)
Co-Editor. of JHR

Venom@abcbodybuilding.com
Bible Studies
Click Here to Support the Future of Bodybuilding!

Matthew 7:20
And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.
Old 02-20-2010, 02:42 PM
WorkoutMchne is Getting Stronger Everyday
Middleweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbear6708 View Post
how many marathons have you done? best time? what do you miss most about running? will you ever incorportate it again..or slightly into a routine???
I have run 5 marathons (Baltimore twice, D.C. twice, and Tallahassee once). My best time is 3:44:41 (8:35 pace) in the 2009 Tallahassee Marathon. What I miss most is the miserable feeling after a 15+ mile run, it totally ruins the rest of your day and it's awesome. Also, I signed up for my first marathon the night before the race without having run much at all in recent months (I finished in about 4hrs 45min.), and this was an awesome experience, so just going for a run and being able to clear your head. I don't know if I'll ever incorporate it again, not for a long time, I have a lot to accomplish in powerlifting, but it's possible some years down the road.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigironcross View Post
Where did you move to FSU (Tallahassee, Florida) from?
Potomac, MD. just outside of Washington D.C.
Do you like the weather?
In some ways yes, because it's always nice. Down here, however, these people do not understand the concept of seasons, I have to explain to them that there is this thing called winter that happens once a year in normal parts of the world.
My daughter started graduate school Fall 2009 at FSU. She said the weather is too rainy. However, she also is wearing shorts and flip flops while the local have their scarfs and winter clothes on. I guess a little rain may be better than shoveling many feet of snow in Ohio.
First, best of luck to your daughter in grad school. Dude, we have more than you know in common on this question. My girlfriend is from palm beach (she's a Ph.D. student at FSU also) and she is one of these misguided scarf wearers. When it's 60 degrees she wears a scarf because it's "freezing," it's not good. Also, I went to college in Ohio (Marietta College) do you know it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmkeehn View Post
What started it all? What was it that got you motivated?
First, I always say it's not about being the best, it's about getting the most out of your ability, and if the best guy could be better than what has he really accomplished? So, I am motivated by myself, I am motivated by maximizing my potential, because if I don't than how can I really be happy with myself? I started lifting weights in 8th grade (13 years old). I played soccer and played NCAA DIII in college. But I always lifted and ran. Then in high school I was luck to have Coach Billy Miller as my first strength coach (and now one of my best friends) coached me all the way through until college. My life is training, my life has been competitive sports. It's hard to explain why I have to do things, why I have to lift, or why I had to run 20 miles. I don't know, I just know that I have to do it. So, from 13 until now soccer, lifting, and running have always taken priority no matter what.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElitePL242 View Post
will you ever grow your hair out again?
No, one day I'll post a picture on this site to come clean to everyone.
would you rather pull a truck for a mile every day? or listen to boy bands while working out?
I'll pull a train.
Quote:
My first question is:
Can you elaborate on the above? Seems like it could be a funny story.
As Gabe says his handwriting struggles. Also, Jake is probably the smartest person I know, but he can't handle simple tasks like labeling tubes. Ask him for complex things. You see a part of his brain is always fixed on protein synthesis, so that leaves him less room to perform simple tasks. He's just too smart to waste his time on simple things.
Other passions outside of powerlifting and marathon running?
Family, school, research, sports in general (I follow everything very closesly), but of course my faith. I have been a Greek Orthodox Christian my whole life. But over the past year I have really begun to expand on my faith and take an active role in studying The Bible on my own. I have realized so many things since, my training partner Caleb and I read together, sometimes after we lift, it's awesome. And when go to celebrate Divine Liturgy in church on Sunday's I feel much more a part of it. Also, business, I owned and operate a landscape and landscape design business for 4 years, which required me to learn a lot about life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom View Post
I'm guessing because his handwriting is atrocious...as is mine. Layne won't let me label things on experiment day lol. :-)
Exactly, it's hilarious that you and Layne seem to have the same relationship as Jake and I. One day you guys should go pick up Jeremy and come down to Tallahassee for a few days before Jake leaves so we can all train together.
Florida Atlantic University
USAPL Raw Lifter
Old 02-20-2010, 02:59 PM
will-work4andro is beastmode!!!
Professor of Pain!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkoutMchne View Post
One day you guys should go pick up Jeremy and come down to Tallahassee for a few days before Jake leaves so we can all train together.
THIS!!!! i know Ben from ABC is going to be at ACSM...so maybe, you, Ben, myself, Fahs, and Jake will have to hit up a training session in Baltimore

Muscle Hypertrophy occurs independent of exercise intensity
Old 02-20-2010, 06:51 PM
Commander is enjoying bodybuilding
Super Moderator

What would you do if suddenly the world was devoid of Metallica:

Would you...
a) cry
b) pull a train
c) cry while pulling a train
d) pull a train to James Hetfield's house and make him create more Metallica music?

As I asked Andro:
Toilet paper - under from the bottom or over the top?

James 1:16-17 ESV
Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
With God's help...Mens sana in corpore sano
Old 02-20-2010, 10:36 PM
WorkoutMchne is Getting Stronger Everyday
Middleweight

Quote:
What would you do if suddenly the world was devoid of Metallica:

Would you...
a) cry
b) pull a train
c) cry while pulling a train
d) pull a train to James Hetfield's house and make him create more Metallica music?
Don't joke about such serious matters.
As I asked Andro:
Toilet paper - under from the bottom or over the top?
Underneath from the bottom, I don't understand how there could be a disagreement with this question.
Florida Atlantic University
USAPL Raw Lifter
Old 02-21-2010, 12:30 PM
bigironcross is working to get less huge and better proportioned!
Middleweight

Quote:
Also, I went to college in Ohio (Marietta College) do you know it?
I assume that Marietta College is near Marietta, Ohio (Southeast Ohio, near West Virginia). I work at Youngstown State University (Northeast Ohio) and live in one of the suburbs. So, I've drove through Marietta on my way to Florida.

P.S. I also believed in under for TP until someone explained that if it has a pattern on it that it has be be over.
Old 02-21-2010, 10:36 PM
Commander is enjoying bodybuilding
Super Moderator

Quote:
Underneath from the bottom, I don't understand how there could be a disagreement with this question.
Uh, oh, it's on now, I'm an over the top guy.

James 1:16-17 ESV
Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
With God's help...Mens sana in corpore sano
Old 02-22-2010, 02:12 PM
Wizard24 is mixing up the diet.
Lightweight

Quote:
Word!!

Question - What is your favorite lift?
"Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away." - Matthew 24:35

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law." - Galations 5:22-23
Old 02-22-2010, 09:21 PM
tmkeehn is climbing that mountain
Lightweight

Quote:
Over the top all the way. I have a lot of respect for you workoutmachine, but you've fallen just a bit in my eyes in your careless attitude and general disrespect towards toilet paper art...

If you could speak to three people from any time era who would they be and why?
Squat: PR 375
Old 02-23-2010, 01:39 AM
ElitePL242 is eating.
Rookie

who do you think is the greatest basketball player ever?

"To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
Closed Thread