WorkoutMchne and ElitePL242 Competition - Page 2 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Online Training Journal

Notices

Old 02-18-2010, 09:22 PM
ElitePL242 is eating.
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by arian11 View Post
this is gonna be a funny thread. shouldn't you guys do highest percentage increase instead of poundage since your starting numbers are not the same. a 50 lbs squat increase for mike is a much better improvement than a 50 lbs squat increase for you elite. you gotta give the old man a chance, lol.

maybe i should start this routine and own both you guys in it, lol. my maxes are so low that they would probably jump up alot. i do have exactly 10 weeks, including 1 week spring break, till i graduate.
i see what you're saying, we are still toying with it. we might do it both ways. we'll probably discuss it more.

and you should definitely do it with us. the more the merrier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander View Post
Ah, I recognize that cycle, I tried it for bench once and burned out, ha, ha!

I eaked through the 3x3 day and got crushed by the 2x2 day.
you should do it again. just drop your bench max by 10lbs. plus the more people i beat, the bigger my steak dinner gets.

"To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
Old 02-18-2010, 10:54 PM
Gregsimo is on a one way road to mass gaining
Middleweight

i dont stand a chance of ever competing with you guys on anything like this! but i will be doing this routine in future.
Old 02-18-2010, 11:44 PM
tmkeehn is climbing that mountain
Lightweight

Score it both ways, and have each one count as 50% of your total score...
Squat: PR 375
Old 02-19-2010, 03:29 PM
Commander is enjoying bodybuilding
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElitePL242 View Post
you should do it again. just drop your bench max by 10lbs. plus the more people i beat, the bigger my steak dinner gets.
good plan

James 1:16-17 ESV
Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
With God's help...Mens sana in corpore sano
Old 02-20-2010, 02:18 PM
WorkoutMchne is Getting Stronger Everyday
Middleweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmkeehn View Post
Score it both ways, and have each one count as 50% of your total score...
There you go Meckes, it's up to you. Do you want to lose one way or two ways, I'll let you make the call (although I don't need any help, so I say we just do the biggest increase to your total).

Now, as I said in my journal I will be posting all of my training sessions in this competition thread and will continue my personal journal after I eat my Ribeye steak in a few months (that is if Meckes is man enough to make the trip to Florida and treat me to my dinner).

My first lift is today in about an hour, this is going to be awesome. Ride The Lightning.
Florida Atlantic University
USAPL Raw Lifter
Old 02-20-2010, 10:31 PM
WorkoutMchne is Getting Stronger Everyday
Middleweight

Extended Russian Routine, Week #1, Day #1, Workout #1 Feb. 20th, 2010: Heavy Squat/Light Bench
Squat: 6X3 @80%
6X3 w/ 335
Bench: 6X2 @80%
6X2 w/ 250 (all reps paused)
Pullups
1X10 BW
Solid way to start off. Just kept the assistance work to an absolute minimum, which I will do throughout this program and may cut out the assistance work all together in a few weeks, we'll see. On light bench days I'll be pausing the reps and on heavy bench days touch and go. Off tomorrow and heavy bench and light squat on Monday.
Florida Atlantic University
USAPL Raw Lifter

Last edited by WorkoutMchne; 02-20-2010 at 10:51 PM.
Old 02-21-2010, 01:49 AM
President Wilson is hard at work
Administrator

This is a great journal! Going to be great to follow!

About me --> http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/presidentprofile.html
Old 02-22-2010, 02:12 AM
arian11 is 500 deadlift achieved, time for a 500 squat!
Light-Heavyweight

i tried out the workout today. i did 185lbs on heavy squat and 165 lbs on light bench. it wasn't too bad but i can see how it would become deadly once you get to the higher percentages and your only on 1 or 2 days rest. what kind of rest do you guys do between sets? i tried to do 90 secs for squat and more like 60 secs for bench because my roommates were waiting on me to play racquetball. also, how much weight increase are you guys estimating of achieving? just wondering how much weight you guys predict to gain from this workout when u have so much experience in lifting already.

"Technique is always the first place to begin when striving to improve at a specific skill."
My YouTube Page
Old 02-22-2010, 04:27 AM
ElitePL242 is eating.
Rookie

heavy squat/light bench

squat: 6x3 @ 80%
465x6x3

bench:6x2 @ 80%
305x6x2

squat got better and better as the sets went on. bench got quicker and quicker. the last set felt like speed reps. good luck mike.

"To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
Old 02-22-2010, 04:31 AM
ElitePL242 is eating.
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by arian11 View Post
i tried out the workout today. i did 185lbs on heavy squat and 165 lbs on light bench. it wasn't too bad but i can see how it would become deadly once you get to the higher percentages and your only on 1 or 2 days rest. what kind of rest do you guys do between sets? i tried to do 90 secs for squat and more like 60 secs for bench because my roommates were waiting on me to play racquetball. also, how much weight increase are you guys estimating of achieving? just wondering how much weight you guys predict to gain from this workout when u have so much experience in lifting already.
i take as long as i need to in between sets. as long as it takes to feel mentally and physically ready for the next set. if you keep your rests short, you won't finish the routine. pure and simple.

i don't really plan on how much my lifts will go up, i just see how i did when all is said and done. the last time i did this routine, my bench went up 30, my deadlift about 40, and my squat about 45-50.