WorkoutMchne and ElitePL242 Competition - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Online Training Journal

Notices

Old 02-17-2010, 04:25 PM
ElitePL242 is eating.
Rookie

Default WorkoutMchne and ElitePL242 Competition

as most of you know, workoutmchne (mike) is going to be starting a russian routine next week. what most of you don't know is that he taught me everything he knows, and we are both borderline insane. however, i am much stronger than him and he is super jealous, and now i teach him things that any mere mortal would crumble from. what really matters is that i will be doing the same russian peaking cycle he is doing to prepare for my next meet. he is just doing it too because he wants to be like me.

the reason for this post is that i am offering the challenge to mike that whoever has the best improvement, total pounds on each max, the loser will have to buy the winner a 5-star steak dinner ($40 limit). this includes a salad and dessert.

only official meet results or videos will count to keep the competition legit. the lifter must follow the rules per their respective federation.

mike has no idea what he is agreeing to. i just feel bad for him that some young whippersnapper is going to show up a feeble old man. it's just the circle of life. even though mike collects social security, he is still weaker than me. results/progress can be posted in this thread or in mike's.

- will

p.s. any other person stupid/crazy enough to enter this competition may do so as well, just know that you will lose.

p.p.s. my mom's lasagna is better than your mom's.
Old 02-17-2010, 05:57 PM
Commander is enjoying bodybuilding
Super Moderator

ha, ha, awesome first post, looking foward to following along!

James 1:16-17 ESV
Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
With God's help...Mens sana in corpore sano
Old 02-17-2010, 09:13 PM
tmkeehn is climbing that mountain
Lightweight

LOL

I laughed the whole post. I mean, your claims are ridiculous! My mom's lasagna is great!
Squat: PR 375
Old 02-18-2010, 01:10 AM
Gregsimo is on a one way road to mass gaining
Middleweight

This should be a fun one to watch. i think you guys should have a one on one meet in the garage once you have hit your peak from the russian routine.
Old 02-18-2010, 02:53 AM
WorkoutMchne is Getting Stronger Everyday
Middleweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElitePL242 View Post
as most of you know, workoutmchne (mike) is going to be starting a russian routine next week. what most of you don't know is that he taught me everything he knows, and we are both borderline insane. however, i am much stronger than him and he is super jealous, and now i teach him things that any mere mortal would crumble from. what really matters is that i will be doing the same russian peaking cycle he is doing to prepare for my next meet. he is just doing it too because he wants to be like me.

the reason for this post is that i am offering the challenge to mike that whoever has the best improvement, total pounds on each max, the loser will have to buy the winner a 5-star steak dinner ($40 limit). this includes a salad and dessert.

only official meet results or videos will count to keep the competition legit. the lifter must follow the rules per their respective federation.

mike has no idea what he is agreeing to. i just feel bad for him that some young whippersnapper is going to show up a feeble old man. it's just the circle of life. even though mike collects social security, he is still weaker than me. results/progress can be posted in this thread or in mike's.

- will

p.s. any other person stupid/crazy enough to enter this competition may do so as well, just know that you will lose.

p.p.s. my mom's lasagna is better than your mom's.
Here's the deal fellas. This joker and myself played soccer in college together. Now in light of his words it seems that I may have to teach him a lesson. It's unfortunate that some people just don't think before they speak, but hey he has to learn some how.

First of all Meckes it's over for you and you just don't know it yet. Now, there are so many things wrong with this statement that I just don't know where to start. I will say two things, 1. Don't forget who your teacher is son, and 2. I think I just saw my Dad beating up your Dad.

Here are my starting stats:
Squat: 420 Bench: 310 Deadlift: 500 Body Wt: 179

Here is the program that we will be doing.
The Extended Russian Routine

Day 1 Day 2 Day 3
Week 1 SQ:6*2@80% DL:6*3@80% SQ:6*3@80%
BP:6*3@80% BP:6*2@80%
Week 2 SQ:6*2@80% DL:6*4@80% SQ:6*4@80%
BP:6*4@80% BP:6*2@80%
Week 3 SQ:6*2@80% DL:6*5@80% SQ:6*5@80%
BP:6*5@80% BP:6*2@80%
Week 4 SQ:6*2@80% DL:6*6@80% SQ:6*6@80%
BP:6*6@80% BP:6*2@80%
Week 5 SQ:6*2@80% DL:5*5@85% SQ:5*5@85%
BP:5*5@85% BP:6*2@80%
Week 6 SQ:6*2@80% DL:4*4@90% SQ:4*4@90%
BP:4*4@90% BP:6*2@80%
Week 7 SQ:6*2@80% DL:3*3@95% SQ:3*3@95%
BP:3*3@95% BP:6*2@80%
Week 8 SQ:6*2@80% DL:2*2@100% SQ:2*2@100%
BP:2*2@100% BP:6*2@80%
Week 9 SQ:6*2@80% DL:1*1@105% SQ:1*1@105%
BP:1*1@105% BP:6*2@80%

The only change is that we are starting with Day 3. So they Day 3 on here will be our Day 1 and we will go in that order. I start on Saturday and Billy starts on Sunday.

Oh and Meckes, I like a Ribeye steak done medium well. Perhaps you should write that down.
Florida Atlantic University
USAPL Raw Lifter
Old 02-18-2010, 03:48 AM
ElitePL242 is eating.
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregsimo View Post
This should be a fun one to watch. i think you guys should have a one on one meet in the garage once you have hit your peak from the russian routine.
we were, but i am already doing mine to peak for a meet. we were also throwing around the idea that mike enters a meet the same weekend, or even the same meet as me (which would be a terrible idea cause he would have to deal with me getting all the attention).

"To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
Old 02-18-2010, 04:03 AM
ElitePL242 is eating.
Rookie

i guess i should post my starting stats as well:

squat: 580
bench: 380
dead: 580
body wt.: 230

now i do have the upperhand in that i have done this routine before, and lived, so i know what to expect. the old guy has no idea what he's getting into.

and z, i just found out why you are so much weaker. medium well? just eat a tire. red meat is where the creatine is too, instead of all that creatinine.

i'll take a porterhouse, medium rare, a side of cheesy potatoes, potato salad, and cherry cobbler for dessert. then maybe we can have a pizza eating contest if you feel like losing again.

and if anyone wants to know our routine without being confused by mike's awful typing: http://www.e-normous.biz/russian_power_lifting.html
scroll down to extended russian routine.

"To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
Old 02-18-2010, 10:51 AM
Ellingham is getting lean
Middleweight

*Dam if i was more experienced i would love to take part in this. Ahwell i will deffinately be following this along

*(I know how to spell but it stars out the correct spelling)
Old 02-18-2010, 04:18 PM
arian11 is 500 deadlift achieved, time for a 500 squat!
Light-Heavyweight

this is gonna be a funny thread. shouldn't you guys do highest percentage increase instead of poundage since your starting numbers are not the same. a 50 lbs squat increase for mike is a much better improvement than a 50 lbs squat increase for you elite. you gotta give the old man a chance, lol.

maybe i should start this routine and own both you guys in it, lol. my maxes are so low that they would probably jump up alot. i do have exactly 10 weeks, including 1 week spring break, till i graduate.

"Technique is always the first place to begin when striving to improve at a specific skill."
My YouTube Page
Old 02-18-2010, 05:17 PM
Commander is enjoying bodybuilding
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElitePL242 View Post
and if anyone wants to know our routine without being confused by mike's awful typing: http://www.e-normous.biz/russian_power_lifting.html
scroll down to extended russian routine.
Ah, I recognize that cycle, I tried it for bench once and burned out, ha, ha!

I eaked through the 3x3 day and got crushed by the 2x2 day.

James 1:16-17 ESV
Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
With God's help...Mens sana in corpore sano