i have a new cardio partner!!! - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Recreation > Members' Discussion:

Notices

Old 02-02-2010, 02:03 AM
bigbear6708 is working hard
Heavyweight

Default i have a new cardio partner!!!

so, my family decided we wanted to adopt a dog...we got a 1.5 year old yellow lab mix. she was a little leery at first coming into our home, but she is slowly warming up to us (especially me!, at first she only growled at me)...everyday i take her for a walk and do some running to get her endourance up..(i dont think she has ever been exercised, she LOVES IT!!!)...well today i decided to go for broke and take her on a longer run...we did 2 miles, she held up great!!!! i look forward to more time spent w/ the new family pet!! who else runs w/ their dogs?
Old 02-02-2010, 02:35 AM
GodsGladiator is getting RIPPED
Super-Heavyweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbear6708 View Post
so, my family decided we wanted to adopt a dog...we got a 1.5 year old yellow lab mix. she was a little leery at first coming into our home, but she is slowly warming up to us (especially me!, at first she only growled at me)...everyday i take her for a walk and do some running to get her endourance up..(i dont think she has ever been exercised, she LOVES IT!!!)...well today i decided to go for broke and take her on a longer run...we did 2 miles, she held up great!!!! i look forward to more time spent w/ the new family pet!! who else runs w/ their dogs?
haha, when i read your headline, i thought to myself he got a dog... and i was right! glad you have some company while you run...

my dog is an old lady haha, we go around the block every day, its prob a 1/8 mile or so round trip, there is a park on the way and we stop at every light pole haha, after that i take her home then i walk for a mile or two by myself.
Blood & Guts
1 John 4:19 We love because he first loved us.

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h206/mikeythatsnice/teamsters.jpg
Old 02-02-2010, 03:52 AM
bigbear6708 is working hard
Heavyweight

my wife picked out the dog, i had only one criteria...it must be able to run w/ me!!! haha, I LOVE IT! she needs some leash manners, we are getting there!
Old 02-02-2010, 06:12 AM
Spectre is getting stronger.
Bantamweight

That's great! Labs are such friendly dogs, every one that I've met has been just so happy to be around people. I recently got a dog as well a little while ago. She's a Siberian Husky and is about 3 1/2 months now, I can't wait to run with her when she gets older.
Old 02-02-2010, 04:31 PM
RuSerious is pimp-a-licious
Middleweight

Be careful. I almost got a lab, but was allergic to him, they said that dogs like labs are developing for up to 2 years old so you shouldn't run them until then. Talk to your vet but that is what the breeder recommended.
Old 02-02-2010, 05:13 PM
Commander is enjoying bodybuilding
Super Moderator

sweet, dogs rock.

James 1:16-17 ESV
Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
With God's help...Mens sana in corpore sano