ASINES - Cut #2 Journal - Page 3 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Online Training Journal

Notices

Old 01-20-2010, 12:20 PM
ASINES is moving some iron
Bantamweight

I baselined this morning (251.5 lbs).....just like clockwork. Today is a lifting day with some carbs. The following 2 days are cardio days with minimal carbs.....maybe I'll break into the 240's by Saturday.

I wanted to also note that my AM cardio sessions will likely be converting over to HIIT sessions nows. This will be the limit on the HIIT sessions per week. Any cardio work above & beyond those four (4) AM sessions will likely be low intensity. (As mentioned previously, I currently do an extra session Friday & Sunday evening.)
Old 01-22-2010, 07:31 PM
Bantamweight

I'm bored so I thought I would give an update......before my official weekly update......lol.

I'm almost 4 weeks into my diet. This week has went well up to this point. It's Friday, tomorrow morning is my weigh-in. I'm feeling pretty depleted, which is normal by this time of the week. I have an evening low intensity cardio session yet tonight to get through, but the refeed tomorrow is looking GOOD. Eggo waffles and REAL maple syrup, here I come! (probably some Fruity Pebbles too....) This week I've tried out Trueprotein's new fat burner called "Burn".......I like it so far. Since it contains 4mg of yohimbine HCL per serving, I've reduced my dosage of the plain yohimbine HCL.....I only use it now to supplement the dosage that "Burn" provides. Diet has been great again........stuck to it perfectly for the 4th week in a row. This morning, prior to cardio, my bodyweight was 250.75, so hopefully by tomorrow morning I'll be in the 240's.

Well.....even though nobody really reads this journal, have a great weekend anyway!
Old 01-25-2010, 01:00 PM
Bantamweight

Default Week 4 Plan (week ending 1/23/10)

Diet Plan
No changes from previous week.

On weight training days during the work week (2 per week):
Protein = 382g
Carbs = 357g
Fats = 68g
Calories = 3595

On weight training days during the weekend (1 per week; REFEED):
Protein = 308g
Carbs = 887g
Fats = 99g (minimal throughout early part of day; total mainly comes from last meal)
Calories = 5773

On non-weight training days (4 per week):
Protein = 369g
Carbs = 149g
Fats = 128g
Calories = 3096

Cardio Plan
The four (4) morning cardio sessions on non-weight training days will be HIIT; 5 minute warmup, (10) 1 minute intervals consisting of a 10-12 second “all-out” pace with the remaining portion of the minute normal pace. A five (5) minute cool-down will follow. Friday and Sunday will have an additional low intensity 30 minute session in the late afternoon / early evening.
Old 01-25-2010, 01:00 PM
Bantamweight

Default Week 4 Summary (week ending 1/23/10)

Baseline Weight
Starting baseline = 262 lbs
Last week baseline = 251.5 lbs (reached this Wednesday morning)
This week baseline = 249.5 lbs
Net loss of 2.0 lbs

Perfect pace……just where I’d like to be each week.

Other Measurements
Omron bodyfat % at beginning of cut = slightly greater than 21.5%
Omron bodyfat % last week = 20.8%
Omron bodyfat % this week = 20.7%
*Omron readings are used solely for comparison; actual bodyfat percentage is much lower

Waistline at beginning of cut = slightly above 40”
Waistline last week = 38.75”
Waistline this week = 39.0”
*Slight increase; the “morning business” wasn’t taken care of yet!

Diet
I’ve impressed myself so far with how disciplined I’ve been with my diet plan. I really think that the large single refeed gives A LOT of incentive to look forward to each week. It makes the rest of the week a little easier to bear. The refeed Saturday went good……maybe a little TOO good! It’s hard sometimes to keep a strict count of carb intake on these days, but I definitely was in a “carb-coma” Saturday evening.

I started using Trueprotein’s new fat burner called “Burn”. Since it already has some yohimbine HCL in it, I’ll be only using my plain yohimbine HCL to supplement the dosage. I take 3 servings of “Burn” on my cardio days (as recommended). Each serving has 4mg of yohimbine HCL. So, with each serving, I take an additional 5mg of the plain yohimbine HCL, for a daily total of about 27mg. I really like ‘Burn” so far….I can definitely feel the effect.

Cardio
I was able to get all planned cardio sessions in this week except for the Sunday evening session, which was dropped due to my Week 5 plan.

Weight Training
The early part of the week I felt great training-wise. Saturday kicked my butt. I still made progress on some exercises, but the main ones I was stagnant. It’s time for a cruise.

Adjustments for Next Week
This week will be a cruise week. Originally I was going to take a 2 week cruise but use light training over that 2 week period. Instead, I will be doing what I normally do……stay out of the gym for a week or so. I’ll pick up my training again next Monday, which will give me 9 full days of no training.

So, I will focus on some extra cardio sessions this week. I will do one (1) cardio session per day; my four (4) normal non-training days will be HIIT, as usual. The three (3) other days will simply be a 30 minute low intensity session in the morning.

The diet will need tweaked for this week as well. I will simply use a low carb approach all week instead of having three (3) moderate carb days for when I would normally train.

I’m sure this week will have me dragging due to the low carb intake, but I need the rest. Plus, I’ll get some extra family time in the evenings.
Old 01-25-2010, 01:01 PM
Bantamweight

Default Week 5 Plan (week ending 1/30/10)

Diet Plan
Since I’m crusing, all days will be the same, except for the Saturday refeed of course.

For the Saturday refeed:
Protein = 308g
Carbs = 887g
Fats = 99g (minimal throughout early part of day; total mainly comes from last meal)
Calories = 5773

All other days (cardio only since crusing):
Protein = 369g
Carbs = 149g
Fats = 128g
Calories = 3096

Cardio Plan
Every day will be a cardio day, except for possibly Saturday. I will keep Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday as HIIT. Monday and Wednesday, which are typically training days, will be low intensity morning sessions, 30 minutes each.
Old 02-01-2010, 01:42 PM
Bantamweight

Default Week 5 Summary (week ending 1/30/10)

This past week was rough. It was a cruise (no weight training) week, so I wasn’t sure how well my macro profiles and cardio would mesh together. What I did was basically treat each day as a low carb cardio day. This resulted in slightly lower (about 500 calorie) deficit on both Monday and Wednesday, which are typically weight training days. I don’t think the calorie deficit was quite enough, but oh well. I stuck to the diet plan again. I definitely was dragging though by Friday evening. In fact, I had a bit of a dizzy spell near the end of my Friday evening cardio (low intensity) session. Now I’m no expert on this, but I’m guessing that my blood sugar might have been low enough to possibly approach being hypo? Not sure though. I cut it about 5 minutes short to be safe.

The refeed Saturday was…..well……..a blur. I was going to wait until Monday to start lifting again, but I felt pretty good and figured why not get a jump on it. On top of that, I had a bunch of errands to run, so it was a fairly busy day. After a day’s worth of carb loading, Saturday night I was feeling extremely lethargic and I wanted to get a quick weight before I jumped into the shower…….263 lbs! No wonder I felt like crap!

I stuck with the same cardio plan once again. Last night (Sunday), I did not get the extra evening session in. I think this might be three weeks in a row that I didn’t fit it in.

Baseline Weight
Starting baseline = 262 lbs
Last week baseline = 249.5 lbs (reached this Wednesday morning)
This week baseline = 249.0 lbs
Net loss of 0.5 lbs

Other Measurements
Omron bodyfat % at beginning of cut = slightly greater than 21.5%
Omron bodyfat % last week = 20.7%
Omron bodyfat % this week = 20.5%
*Omron readings are used solely for comparison; actual bodyfat percentage is much lower

Waistline at beginning of cut = slightly above 40”
Waistline last week = 39.0”
Waistline this week = 38-5/8”

Adjustments for Next Week
After some evaluating of my diet, I think I’m going to make a slight change with my protein intake. Typically, I prepare about 20 lbs of boneless skinless chicken breasts once a week, put it in containers, and measure it out throughout the week. Well, I measure it cooked, which varies drastically from raw. Also, my protein intake is most likely overkill. I know some people advocate higher and some people advocate lower, but I think that somewhere around 1.5g per pound of lean body mass is where I need to be. This puts my protein goal (other than on refeed days) around 325g. I’ll probably lower my protein intake down to this level without adding in any other macro. It will obviously result in more of a calorie deficit, but it’s not real drastic.

This week will be one of those hectic schedules where I’ll need to change some stuff around. I will be attending a training session all day Saturday for work. I’m not sure yet what I plan on doing since I typically refeed and train on Saturday, but here’s what I was thinking. I can lift M,W,F, weigh myself Sunday morning, and also refeed Sunday. This will allow me to have that extra day (Saturday) in between a higher carb day (Friday) and my weigh-in. If I weighed in Saturday morning I’d likely be holding some water from the day before. Plus, this will make my meal requirements for Saturday lower. I don’t think I’d have too successful of a refeed if I tried to do it while at this training session.
Old 02-01-2010, 01:43 PM
Bantamweight

Default Week 6 Plan (week ending 2/6/10)

Diet Plan
My macro profiles changed slightly due to the decreased protein intake.

On weight training days during the work week (2 per week):
Protein = 340g
Carbs = 357g
Fats = 65g
Calories = 3415

On weight training days during the weekend (1 per week; REFEED):
Protein = 308g
Carbs = 887g
Calories = 5773

On non-weight training days (4 per week):
Protein = 313g
Carbs = 149g
Fats = 124g
Calories = 2856

Cardio Plan
The four (4) morning cardio sessions on non-weight training days will be HIIT; 5 minute warmup, (10) 1 minute intervals consisting of a 10-12 second “all-out” pace with the remaining portion of the minute normal pace. A five (5) minute cool-down will follow. Friday and Sunday will have an additional low intensity 30 minute session in the late afternoon / early evening.
Old 02-01-2010, 07:02 PM
Commander is enjoying bodybuilding
Super Moderator

Did I read that right, your cruise week and refeed put your weight up to 263 from 249? You gained 14 lbs?

James 1:16-17 ESV
Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
With God's help...Mens sana in corpore sano
Old 02-01-2010, 07:16 PM
Bantamweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander View Post
Did I read that right, your cruise week and refeed put your weight up to 263 from 249? You gained 14 lbs?
Yep.....lol. Actually, my cruise week had nothing to do with it.....the temporary water retention was ALL due to the single day refeed. No worries......I'll baseline (back to 249) once again by Wednesday morning and hopefully end up a few pounds less by the end of the week. It's been working like clockwork so far. Google "skiploading"........
Old 02-01-2010, 07:37 PM
Commander is enjoying bodybuilding
Super Moderator

I just checked it out, I see, you expect the sudden changes in weight.

I was just surprised when I read it.

James 1:16-17 ESV
Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
With God's help...Mens sana in corpore sano