ASINES - Cut #2 Journal - Page 2 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Online Training Journal

Notices

Old 01-13-2010, 02:58 PM
Commander is enjoying bodybuilding
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASINES View Post
I'll try and get some progress photos taken this week since it will be approximately 3 weeks into the diet. Hopefully some changes are noticeable.
I was just going to ask if you planned on posting any pictures.

question answered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASINES View Post
Finally received my yohimbine HCL from Trueprotein. I tried it out yesterday.....took in 15mg total, but it was divided over 3 small doses. I wanted to start low and slowly increase it to gauge my tolerance. I didn't really feel anything, which I guess isn't surprising since I really don't feel effect from ANY type of stim. I'll probably keep it around 20mg and see what happens.
I'm the exact opposite, I have to be very careful if I use caffeine (I barely ever do, maybe 10 workouts per year), because I will be AWAKE for hours!

James 1:16-17 ESV
Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
With God's help...Mens sana in corpore sano
Old 01-13-2010, 03:13 PM
ASINES is moving some iron
Bantamweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander View Post
I was just going to ask if you planned on posting any pictures.

question answered.

I'm the exact opposite, I have to be very careful if I use caffeine (I barely ever do, maybe 10 workouts per year), because I will be AWAKE for hours!
Caffeine has never seemed to effect me. I must have a unbelivable tolerance to stuff like that because I never feel it. The only thing that I've ever noticed is a niacin flush when I tried the original Scivation Dialene. Other than that, nuttin'.
Old 01-15-2010, 12:18 PM
Bantamweight

Well, I figured I'd post an update before my weigh-in Saturday morning.

Since last Saturday was my first regular refeed, I watched closely this week to see when I baselined. Wednesday morning, as expected, I baselined. (I was technically within 1/2 pound, so I counted it.)

The problem is is that both Thursday morning and this morning (Friday), I was about 1.5 pounds heavier. Very surprising. The diet was in check this week......nailed it up to this point (the same as last week) but for some reason I think I'm holding water.

I know that the yohimbine HCL holds water......not exactly sure how much though. I started a low dose on Tuesday, and yesterday (Thursday) I bumped it up to 20mg, as recommended. Hopefully that's all that it is.

On a side note.......I think I need to get checked out by a doctor. For quite some time now it seems as if I can't ever get enough sleep to feel fully rested. Not only that, I get in these spells where I feel unmotivated to do anything around the house. I have no problem hitting it hard in the gym, but something just doesn't add up. Thyroid? Sleep apnea? Low T? I have no idea. I should've had it checked out awhile ago, but I didn't. Granted......we have a 7 month old boy and we've (my wife and I) had to get adjusted to the nightly schedule associated with him, but honestly, she's usually the one getting up with him. Even though I don't technically get up, I still think I'm restless when she gets up. I'm sure this contributes to it, but I just think that there's something else at work as well.

I'd love to get some feedback here......thanks....
Old 01-15-2010, 06:32 PM
Commander is enjoying bodybuilding
Super Moderator

Being a father is hardwork, combine that with not sleeping well due to the night feedings, diaper changes, and it isn't surprising that you are lacking in motivation to clean, do laundry, etc (I'm assuming that's what you mean).

When your energy is low, it makes sense that your body would want to save it for what you are passionate about, i.e. training. Cleaning is no fun. I wouldn't stress over it, unless of course, your wife is upset with you, then you may want to dig in and try to do more around the house just out of love for your wife.

I hope this is helpful.

James 1:16-17 ESV
Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
With God's help...Mens sana in corpore sano
Old 01-15-2010, 06:44 PM
Bantamweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander View Post
Being a father is hardwork, combine that with not sleeping well due to the night feedings, diaper changes, and it isn't surprising that you are lacking in motivation to clean, do laundry, etc (I'm assuming that's what you mean).

When your energy is low, it makes sense that your body would want to save it for what you are passionate about, i.e. training. Cleaning is no fun. I wouldn't stress over it, unless of course, your wife is upset with you, then you may want to dig in and try to do more around the house just out of love for your wife.

I hope this is helpful.
Yeah, it includes regular household chores, but I'm in the middle of some remodeling too.....lol.

Just kinda wore out right now. I'm due for a cruise period soon, so maybe that will help too.
Old 01-15-2010, 07:04 PM
misterjaydubyoo should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

Yeah the cruise period will probably work. The change in your diet may gave had some effect on your sleep/rest. Also, the baby sure does add to that! I know when I first started my cut last week, I was more tired than normal.

Your cut is similar to mine in your macro percentages, and your refeed days. I like how organized your cut is, and I like some of your ideas. I was initially shooting for about twice the carbs on my refeed day, but like you done, I will gauge it to see if I can increase it more. I am only in week 2, and didn't do a refeed last week just to get acquainted to the new diet. I will probably aim to do my refeed on Saturdays.

I will be following your progress. Good luck, I can tell you are disciplined and will achieve the results you want.

http://s290.photobucket.com/albums/l...urrent=445.mp4

Last edited by misterjaydubyoo; 01-15-2010 at 07:10 PM. Reason: reread thread
Old 01-15-2010, 07:38 PM
Bantamweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterjaydubyoo View Post
Yeah the cruise period will probably work. The change in your diet may gave had some effect on your sleep/rest. Also, the baby sure does add to that! I know when I first started my cut last week, I was more tired than normal.

Your cut is similar to mine in your macro percentages, and your refeed days. I like how organized your cut is, and I like some of your ideas. I was initially shooting for about twice the carbs on my refeed day, but like you done, I will gauge it to see if I can increase it more. I am only in week 2, and didn't do a refeed last week just to get acquainted to the new diet. I will probably aim to do my refeed on Saturdays.

I will be following your progress. Good luck, I can tell you are disciplined and will achieve the results you want.
Yep, I like the biggest refeed that I can get away with without spilling over into next week. Increases the metabolism and definitely provides an incentive for the rest of the week!
Old 01-18-2010, 12:22 PM
Bantamweight

Default Week 3 Summary (week ending 1/16/10)

Baseline Weight
Starting baseline = 262 lbs
Last week baseline = 253.0 lbs (reached this Wednesday morning)
This week baseline = 251.5 lbs
Net loss of 1.5 lbs

Not bad I guess. Im pretty sure the yohimbine HCL is causing some water retention though. This water retention should cancel out from now on if I continue its use.

Other Measurements
Omron bodyfat % at beginning of cut = slightly greater than 21.5%
Omron bodyfat % last week = 21.1%
Omron bodyfat % this week = 20.8%
*Omron readings are used solely for comparison; actual bodyfat percentage is much lower

Waistline at beginning of cut = slightly above 40
Waistline last week = 39.4
Waistline this week = 38.75

Diet
I nailed the diet this week again. The refeed Saturday went okI got into some stuff around the house throughout the day but I managed to take in (approximately) my goal of 850g.

I received my yohimbine HCL. I used 20mg on my low carb days (Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday) in the morning. Didnt feel any type of effect though. Seemed like I was retaining some water from it.

Cardio
I was able to get all planned cardio sessions in this week; the (4) 30 min. morning sessions, the extra evening session Friday evening, and the extra session Sunday evening. Both Friday morning and Sunday morning were HIIT sessions. A typical HIIT session on the stationary bike for me is a 5:00 warmup followed by ten (10) 1 minute intervals that consist of a 10-15 sec full intensity pace and the remaining portion of the minute is slow. I then take about 5:00 for a cool down. I have much better results it seems with HIIT cardio, but Im careful not to get too crazy with it, especially this early in the diet.

Weight Training
As it was in the previous weeks, Im still feeling good. I know a cruise is eminent, so Ill pay attention and see what happens this week.

Adjustments for Next Week
Im fairly confident that I was holding water due to the yohimbine HCL. Once again, I think Ill keep everything the same. No changes are planned for this week.
Old 01-18-2010, 12:55 PM
Bantamweight

I have a PDF of some progress photos but the file size quota here is extremely small.........not sure how to get around that. If I have to shrink down each photo and post individually I'm going to pull my hair out........
Old 01-18-2010, 01:32 PM
Bantamweight

Here's a set of steep incline hacks squats from Saturday

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwK2RDOnsKI