best creatine for the cheapest price. - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Supplement Reviews

Notices

Old 01-07-2010, 11:24 AM
badcoil should change his/her status!
Stranger

Default best creatine for the cheapest price.

Hi,
I started bodybuilding a year ago and I had never tried any supplements.
I decided to give creatine a try because I needed something to help me recover quicker from the pooped out feeling after a workout.
So A week and a half ago I went to popeyes, the local supplement store, looking to buy creatine and the salesman suggested con-cret creatine. His salespitch was really good. I bought the product but it was 50$... I initially thought it was going to last me about 2 months but I now realise that at my weight (240) it will only last me about three weeks. I can not really afford to pay that on a regular basis. And then I read a paper on this site that suggested there was nothing better then creatine monohydrate. I like the product (con-cret) for the boost in energy and recovery but the price is killing me...
I'd like to know what is the cheapest creatine mono out there that works as advertised?

Thanks
Old 01-07-2010, 12:51 PM
klosey should change his/her status!
Super Moderator

er you've officaially been screwed with the creatine you can get 1kg for around $13 all creatine mono is the same bro just go for the plain cheap stuff
Old 01-07-2010, 04:42 PM
GodsGladiator is getting RIPPED
Super-Heavyweight

id stick with the basics when it comes to suppliments:

whey protein- good for protein substitution in meals, pre and post workout shakes

micronized creatine(monohydrate) - cycle a few weeks on then few weeks on. (not required but can be helpful)

daily multivitamin - covers a few gaps in nutrition for vitamins/minerals.

i would like to refer you to a few suppliment sites that dont sale pitch you like the nutrion stores and i reccomend the links bellow to do some suppliment shopping:

http://www.nutrabio.com/

http://www.dpsnutrition.net/

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/index.html

thos sites usually have good deals on what your looking for. and upfront, if it looks shady, it probbly is. if you question any product, most of us know alot of the junk and whats good out there. goodluck
Blood & Guts
1 John 4:19 We love because he first loved us.

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h206/mikeythatsnice/teamsters.jpg
Old 01-10-2010, 02:37 PM
bigbear6708 is working hard
Heavyweight

supplement stores = bad news man...unless you really know the person working...i buy Optimum Nutrition Creatine Mono...1000g for 23$ @ Dpsnutrition.com and they ship quick
Old 05-30-2011, 02:41 PM
nimo should change his/her status!
Stranger

The markup at popeyes and other supplement stores is ridiculous. Stick to creatine mono and remember: the best creatine is the cheapest. Only acception to this is foreign brands with high sodium content (not just pure creatine)... stay away. Basically any brand that has managed to establish a good reputation online won't have this problem. If you are unsure about a brand go to bodybuilding.com and read their numerous consumer reviews. Or just google the brand for reviews.

The internet is much more transparent than a speciality shop because you get many different opinions and competition is greater for retailers so they have to compete on price.
Old 05-31-2011, 03:42 PM
NickBirch is hungry!!! eat big!!
Stranger

Buying from a retail store will ALWAYS carry larger price tags usually due to small stock holding which in return leads to higher cost prices for those running the store.

online stores are often the cheapest place to grab supplements and bulk sites are often some of the cheapest - i'd suggest grabbing some monohydrate and testing how you respond to it, personally i dont take it as i dont feel i respond at all to monohydrate i dislike the retention and bloating i get from it also.
Old 06-29-2011, 04:50 AM
AJR415 is a giants fan

I tried using basic creatine mono but now im using jack3d and it works great. Thats my preworkout its like N.O. Xplode but its a lot cleaner with no junk ingredients. Jack3d is pretty cheap its like $25 depending where u get it. I stack that with Dark Matter which is a postworkout supp with creatine and protein. Thats a little more pricey tho.
Old 06-29-2011, 09:51 AM
klosey should change his/her status!
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJR415 View Post
I tried using basic creatine mono but now im using jack3d and it works great. Thats my preworkout its like N.O. Xplode but its a lot cleaner with no junk ingredients. Jack3d is pretty cheap its like $25 depending where u get it. I stack that with Dark Matter which is a postworkout supp with creatine and protein. Thats a little more pricey tho.
:/ its not like NO explode.. two very different things here.. NO xplode is a preworkout designed to increase Nitric Oxide.. causing a 'Pump' via arginine... but Jack3d is a 1,3 D (geranium extract) based preworkout designed for focus
Old 07-14-2011, 06:32 AM
jannet should change his/her status!

online shops are often the cheapest location to catch supplements and bulk sites are often some of the cheapest - i'd propose catching some monohydrate and checking how you reply to it, in person i dont take it as i dont feel
Old 07-14-2011, 09:59 PM
arian11 is 500 deadlift achieved, time for a 500 squat!
Light-Heavyweight

Listen to Klosey, he is the master of this stuff. I bought the generic GNC unflavored creatine monohydrate when it was like buy 1 get 1 half off. That's the only way it comes out to about the same price as online. And your bodyweight shouldn't matter when it comes to how much creatine you should take.

"Technique is always the first place to begin when striving to improve at a specific skill."
My YouTube Page