Misterjaydubyoo You're in the Well - Page 2 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Recreation > Members' Discussion:

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2009, 11:16 PM
Ordo Ab Chao is SHEIKO
Lightweight

It seems clear to me that your bench press is your strongest lift. How does that affect your approach to training? Do you neglect your chest more to focus on weaker muscle groups or does it motivate you to keep throwing weight on the bar?

Also, If I remember correctly, you own a sidearm. I'm just curious for what reason(s). Protection, fun, etc?
Old 10-06-2009, 12:13 AM
misterjaydubyoo should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardCory View Post
What are your thoughts on steroids in sports?

You said you feel like you've become a bodybuilder, do you have any desire to compete? If so, have you picked a contest?

I actually have a different opinion on steroids in sports than I did originally. I do not care what anyone says, I think that more than 3/4 of pro athletes use PEDs. I used to care about it, but hey, the way I look at it now is, times have changed and these guys are getting paid. They get paid to perform at the best level, and to achive that level that would have to use PED's. I mean everybody has the same opportunities. It is their choice to use, so I mean, who am I to judge? The only downside I see is kids who look up to them. If you are also including bodybuilding, if you were to make a career out of it, yes, I think it is necessary and basically a requirement. But if it is something like I would like to do, natty, then no.

As for the bodybuilding, I dunno. I have mixed emotions. If I can heal my back (doc appointment next week), and get my lower body to match my upper body development, I think I can actually be competitive. However, as of now, I have no intentions. Ask that again two-three years from now, and I may give a different answer, lol.

http://s290.photobucket.com/albums/l...urrent=445.mp4
Old 10-06-2009, 12:23 AM
Light-Heavyweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ordo Ab Chao View Post
It seems clear to me that your bench press is your strongest lift. How does that affect your approach to training? Do you neglect your chest more to focus on weaker muscle groups or does it motivate you to keep throwing weight on the bar?

Also, If I remember correctly, you own a sidearm. I'm just curious for what reason(s). Protection, fun, etc?
You are correct. I do tend to neglect it, but not totally. I actually neglect shoulders more, as I find that to be the reason why my bench press is so big. I used to be tempted to throw more weight on the bar, but I have matured, and focused more on my entire body, not the high school lifts. I just happen to be gifted on press movements. Before I injured my back, I was well on my way to a 600 pull, which I woulda been very proud of.

Yes, I own several guns. I am a hunter, and like them, whether it be for recreational use, or protection. Now that I am out of college, I can afford more so I am starting to add to my collection. Another reason I have began to buy more guns, and I won't get into this totally, is I believe it will be very soon when it is very, very, if not impossible, to get a handgun and/or assault rifle.

Some off of the top of my head I own is:

Berretta Px4 Storm .45 ACP (my girl friend bought this for me for Christmas )
Bulgarian made AK 47
Browning .270
Ithaca Double Barrel 12 Gauge (Old, old gun)
some cheap 20 gauge
Some blackpowder guns

Currently on my wishlist:
Remington 11-87 Sportsman pump shotgun (20 or 12 gauge)
Taurus Judge (shoots shotgun shells! Max Payne gun)

Old 10-06-2009, 04:12 PM
Commander is enjoying bodybuilding
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterjaydubyoo View Post
As I got into college, I continued lifting, but finally got the epiphany to really get serious about my diet and start to sculpt my body.
Any detail on how the epiphany came about?

Any other "ah-ha" type moments in your lifting history?

Quote:
I am a Christian, and have been my whole life. I will admit in the last while I am nowhere near where I want to be, and I am working on that. I grew up in church, and my parents are still really dedicated. I credit them for my character today.
What is the best aspect of your character?

Quote:
Another reason I have began to buy more guns, and I won't get into this totally, is I believe it will be very soon when it is very, very, if not impossible, to get a handgun and/or assault rifle.
I agree.

Are you active in politics?

James 1:16-17 ESV
Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
With God's help...Mens sana in corpore sano
Old 10-07-2009, 12:13 AM
Light-Heavyweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander View Post
Any detail on how the epiphany came about?

Any other "ah-ha" type moments in your lifting history?

What is the best aspect of your character?

I agree.

Are you active in politics?
I am not really sure how the epiphany came about. I guess the more I read and became educated, the more physiques I saw, I realized that just being strong wasn't everything. I had always lifted to gain size, but realized it took some more discipline. I realized that if I became devoted to my diet, then I would see more results. That is the biggest aha I guess that came about. Another aha moment would be manipulation of rest periods, which until recently, except for the supersets, I never messed with. I specifically am using it for my biceps, which used to be my lagging muscle group. Now, I would say they have definitely come along quite nicely (even though I want them bigger!).

The best aspect of my character would probably be my loyalty. I am very loyal to those I care about.

I am not totally active in politics, and honestly, this is the first election I participated in. However, I have gotten more invlolved and educated. I DO NOT like the direction our country is headed, and from day one until now, I disagreed with who our country elected to put in office(even though the other choice was not that great). I believe more and more people are starting to realize that. I also believe that a lot of the trouble we are in as an economy, and brace yourself b/c people think he was so great, came from Bill Clinton. One word...NAFTA.

Old 10-07-2009, 02:56 AM
HardCory is working towards a lean 200
Super Moderator

Not that Mark Coleman has pulled out of the fight with Tito Ortiz, who would you like to see take on Ortiz in his place?

What would be your dream matchup in MMA and why?

Who do you believe is pound for pound the best in the world and why?
-Colossians 3:23

24-17 ABC Fight Corner
Workout Journal
http://www.twitter.com/CoryFever
Old 10-07-2009, 11:53 AM
Commander is enjoying bodybuilding
Super Moderator

Can you tell us more about the manipulation of rest periods you are using?

To steal a question from HardCory that I think is an excellent question, if there was a book about your life, what would the title be?

James 1:16-17 ESV
Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
With God's help...Mens sana in corpore sano
Old 10-07-2009, 06:51 PM
VeeKay should change his/her status!
Rookie

Rank these in order of what's more important to u-
God, Family, Money, Friends, Work
Old 10-07-2009, 08:41 PM
Light-Heavyweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardCory View Post
Not that Mark Coleman has pulled out of the fight with Tito Ortiz, who would you like to see take on Ortiz in his place?

What would be your dream matchup in MMA and why?

Who do you believe is pound for pound the best in the world and why?
I think they should put Forrest up against Tito, and I bet they may do so. That was such a close fight that I think they need to do it again. Forrest is coming off consecutive losses, and Tito is just coming back, would be a good fight.

Dream fight would be ASilva vs. Fedor. I think this would end all the p4p mess, and expose Fedor for what he is...overrated. That's not gonna happen, but some other ones I'd like to see that probably won't happen either are ASilva vs Machida, Rampage vs Rashad , and any lightweight against Mayweather to make him shut his mouth.

I believe that p4p ASilva is the best in the world. He has shown he can compete at two different weight classes, and he even wants to try heavyweight, though Dana said no. I believe he could do well there as well. He is so quick and elusive, not to mention, we never get to see his ground game, in which he possesses a black belt in BJJ. I think he has won what, 11 fights in a row?

Old 10-07-2009, 08:46 PM
Light-Heavyweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander View Post
Can you tell us more about the manipulation of rest periods you are using?

To steal a question from HardCory that I think is an excellent question, if there was a book about your life, what would the title be?
I have just shortened them for nonpower movements. I found that 30 second rest periods to one minute rest periods can do wonders. I have always rested to what I felt was right, but I started doing this with success.

The title: Maybe You Can Learn Something From Me.... corny I know, but if I come up with something better, I'll post it!

Last edited by misterjaydubyoo; 10-07-2009 at 08:50 PM.
Closed Thread