Leanfit Whey Protein - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > In Depth Nutrition

Notices

Old 09-06-2009, 04:33 PM
Bigpete should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

Default Leanfit Whey Protein

http://www.leanfit.com/wheyprotein.html

Anyone know the aa content of this particular brand? I can get it at costco for <50% the price of the protein I use now.

Thanks in advance.
Old 09-06-2009, 05:13 PM
DaveLin is clean bulking without bisquick
Lightweight

judging from their product line, they have this, their baseline formula with probably mostly if not all whey protein concentrate.

they also have a isolate, probably pure isolate, but much more expensive

and a natural sweetened with some kind of natural non-caloric sweetener like stevia.

the one you are looking at, if just the standard whey is, like i said, probalby entirely whey protein concentrate so you can simply expect a very similar amino acid profile to any other whey protein. an isolate simply means it is more refined, no lactose, and other fillers, so per scoop you have more protein, but concentrate is fine if you don't mind the fillers, taking a bit more, no problem with lactose, and a tad slower in digestion time vs. the isolate.
Old 09-06-2009, 05:47 PM
Bigpete should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveLin View Post
judging from their product line, they have this, their baseline formula with probably mostly if not all whey protein concentrate.

they also have a isolate, probably pure isolate, but much more expensive

and a natural sweetened with some kind of natural non-caloric sweetener like stevia.

the one you are looking at, if just the standard whey is, like i said, probalby entirely whey protein concentrate so you can simply expect a very similar amino acid profile to any other whey protein. an isolate simply means it is more refined, no lactose, and other fillers, so per scoop you have more protein, but concentrate is fine if you don't mind the fillers, taking a bit more, no problem with lactose, and a tad slower in digestion time vs. the isolate.
Thank you Davelin for your quick reply.

Indeed it is a protein blend, with whey protein concentrate and isolate (listed in that order), and flavored with sucralose. The Serving size, 32g, contains 25g of protein, 2g fat and 2g of carbohydrates. These parameters, including taste, are similar to that of ON Gold Standard 100% Whey. I acknowledge that the ON is superior, and I will use it post workout. However, for a regular meal (ie with oats in the morning or with cc before bed), I was considering switching to this product, and so slightly slower digestion may be an acceptable tradeoff. Is it fair to assume that the BCAA profile is similar to ON (both in quantity and Leucine:Isoleucine:Valine ratio)? I woud like to know this for dosing stratagies.

Last edited by Bigpete; 09-06-2009 at 05:49 PM.
Old 09-26-2009, 08:42 PM
Venom is training, researching, or talking on ABC
Vice President Abcbodybuilding.com

Whey is whey in terms of amino acid profile. A few companies add some additional aminos like glutamine, but it really is not necessarily. Whey is excellent without any addition. For me the determining factor is usually taste and texture.

So go for it.
Co-Editor. of JHR

Venom@abcbodybuilding.com
Bible Studies
Click Here to Support the Future of Bodybuilding!

Matthew 7:20
And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.

Tags
leanfit