Greg's bulking journal - Page 5 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Online Training Journal

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #41  
Old 09-10-2009, 09:16 PM
Gregsimo Gregsimo is offline
Gregsimo is on a one way road to mass gaining
Middleweight
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 991
Default

its going good, my hams and adductors are sore from squats, i think thats not due to the weight im doing but due to the fact that im going for full ROM and im doing them as deep as my legs will allow. Im not very flexible, but ive noticed an improvement already. I'm also not feeling as worn out by my workouts, i used to use moderate to high volume so doign less is taking some adapting. as for strength gains - i'll let you know tomorrow once ive done day 5.
__________________
Do or do not, there is no try.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 09-11-2009, 12:20 PM
Gregsimo Gregsimo is offline
Gregsimo is on a one way road to mass gaining
Middleweight
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 991
Default

Day 5
Weight - 154.5lbs

Squats
44x5x2
93.5x5x1
137.5x3x1
181.5x2x1
198x5x3

Bench Press
44x5x1
71.5x5x1
88x3x1
104.5x2x1
126.5x5x3

Deadlifts
88x5x2
126.5x5x1
154x3x1
187x2x1
214.5x5x1

I found the squats very heavy today so only did an increase of 5.5lbs from weds, and im going to maintain this level of increasing weight for squats from now on. Bench press felt very easy, i think due to the fact that my setup and breathing has inproved for it. I managed to correct my form on deadlifts during the warmups and the work set felt very good. i think i could have had another 20lbs on the bar and i'd have still managed 5 reps.
Must say im looking forward to 2 days of rest, my hamstrings will be aching tomorrow!
__________________
Do or do not, there is no try.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 09-13-2009, 06:39 PM
Gregsimo Gregsimo is offline
Gregsimo is on a one way road to mass gaining
Middleweight
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 991
Default

Cardio day
Weight upon waking 154.8lbs

40 minutes treadmill with 10 minute intervals of walking, jogging then incline walking.
__________________
Do or do not, there is no try.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 09-14-2009, 12:06 PM
Gregsimo Gregsimo is offline
Gregsimo is on a one way road to mass gaining
Middleweight
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 991
Default

Day 7
Weight upon waking 156.3lbs

Squats
44x5x2
99x5x1
143x3x1
187x2x1
203.5x5x3

Press
44x5x2
71.5x5x1
82.5x3x1
88x2x1
93.5x5x3

Pendlay Rows
44x5x1
99x5x1
137.5x2x1
159.5x5x2

Squats felt very heavy today and i really struggled on the final set, i almost failed the final rep. press felt much better then last week. but on pendlay rows my lower back began to ache and after doing 2 sets i called it a day to prevent injury as it was beginning to twinge on each rep.
Im a bit worried that the 5lb increases on squats aren't going to be attainable for much longer as i have already trained squats with correct form for 4 months now, and i can see a plateux coming along within the next few workouts.
As for pendlay rows my 2 workouts of 5 rep sets is over, next time i'll be doing 8 reps, the heavy weight is too much of a strain on my back at the angle required, im hoping my increased strength in deadlifts will fix this weakness otherwise i'll be changing pendlay rows for chins.
__________________
Do or do not, there is no try.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 09-15-2009, 12:03 PM
Ellingham's Avatar
Ellingham Ellingham is offline
Ellingham is getting lean
Middleweight
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: London
Posts: 681
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregsimo View Post
Day 7
Weight upon waking 156.3lbs

Squats
44x5x2
99x5x1
143x3x1
187x2x1
203.5x5x3

Press
44x5x2
71.5x5x1
82.5x3x1
88x2x1
93.5x5x3

Pendlay Rows
44x5x1
99x5x1
137.5x2x1
159.5x5x2

Squats felt very heavy today and i really struggled on the final set, i almost failed the final rep. press felt much better then last week. but on pendlay rows my lower back began to ache and after doing 2 sets i called it a day to prevent injury as it was beginning to twinge on each rep.
Im a bit worried that the 5lb increases on squats aren't going to be attainable for much longer as i have already trained squats with correct form for 4 months now, and i can see a plateux coming along within the next few workouts.
As for pendlay rows my 2 workouts of 5 rep sets is over, next time i'll be doing 8 reps, the heavy weight is too much of a strain on my back at the angle required, im hoping my increased strength in deadlifts will fix this weakness otherwise i'll be changing pendlay rows for chins.
sorry to hear about the problems with the pendlay rows mate, why not take a bit of weight off and try to build it up slowly?
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 09-15-2009, 06:02 PM
Gregsimo Gregsimo is offline
Gregsimo is on a one way road to mass gaining
Middleweight
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 991
Default

Im going to, i'll reduce the weight and aim for 8 reps for a couple of weeks, then start adding weight until i get back down to 5 reps. it is most likely just a problem with form and the slight niggle in my back wasnt helping either.
Atleast everything else is going well. have you started your routine yet?
__________________
Do or do not, there is no try.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 09-15-2009, 07:33 PM
Ellingham's Avatar
Ellingham Ellingham is offline
Ellingham is getting lean
Middleweight
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: London
Posts: 681
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregsimo View Post
Im going to, i'll reduce the weight and aim for 8 reps for a couple of weeks, then start adding weight until i get back down to 5 reps. it is most likely just a problem with form and the slight niggle in my back wasnt helping either.
Atleast everything else is going well. have you started your routine yet?
nah because i'm moving house, should be in by the 1st week in october but i can't set up the gym stuff because that would mean dismantiling it all and just dont want the hassle, so i'm gonna have to wait a couple more weeks. I'm itching to get started!
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 09-16-2009, 08:00 PM
Gregsimo Gregsimo is offline
Gregsimo is on a one way road to mass gaining
Middleweight
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 991
Default

Day 9
Weight 156.8lbs

Squats
44x5x2
104.5x5x1
148.5x3x1
187x2x1
209x5x3 (PR)

Bench Press
44x5x1
77x5x1
93.5x3x1
110x2x1
132x5x3

Deadlifts
88x5x2
132x5x1
159.5x3x1
192.5x2x1
220x5x1 (PR)

Todays workout was amazing, squats nearly killed me but i just about got the 5th rep, bench press was easy as im still not hitting 100% as im taking it very easy to avoid injury but im happy with the 5.5lb increase per workout. deadlifts felt good again and i hit my PR.
__________________
Do or do not, there is no try.
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 09-18-2009, 11:41 AM
Gregsimo Gregsimo is offline
Gregsimo is on a one way road to mass gaining
Middleweight
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 991
Default

Day 11
Weight 156.6lbs

Leg extentions
110x10x2, 110x9

Lying Ham Curls
50x10
50x9
50x7

Press
44x5x2
77x5x1
88x3x1
99x5x3 (PR)

Pendlay Rows
44x5x1
99x5x1
137.5x3x1
159.5x5x3

I had to skip doing squats today due to a sharp pain in my right knee and some soreness in my adductors. Instead i did some direct leg work. Press felt really good, and i decided to give pendlay rows one last chance doing 5 reps for 3 sets and it felt much better than last time.
__________________
Do or do not, there is no try.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 09-19-2009, 05:11 PM
Ellingham's Avatar
Ellingham Ellingham is offline
Ellingham is getting lean
Middleweight
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: London
Posts: 681
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregsimo View Post
Day 11
Weight 156.6lbs

Leg extentions
110x10x2, 110x9

Lying Ham Curls
50x10
50x9
50x7

Press
44x5x2
77x5x1
88x3x1
99x5x3 (PR)

Pendlay Rows
44x5x1
99x5x1
137.5x3x1
159.5x5x3

I had to skip doing squats today due to a sharp pain in my right knee and some soreness in my adductors. Instead i did some direct leg work. Press felt really good, and i decided to give pendlay rows one last chance doing 5 reps for 3 sets and it felt much better than last time.
rows are getting better then
you doing any cardio?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.