Greg's bulking journal - Page 26 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Online Training Journal

Notices

Old 03-10-2010, 07:18 PM
Gregsimo is on a one way road to mass gaining
Middleweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellingham View Post
Things look like they are going nicely mate, squats look intense.
Squats are coming along nicely, im really happy with my form, just need to work on breaking through on OH press and bench press then i'll be unstoppable.
Old 03-10-2010, 08:02 PM
Ellingham is getting lean
Middleweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregsimo View Post
Squats are coming along nicely, im really happy with my form, just need to work on breaking through on OH press and bench press then i'll be unstoppable.
same here, i managed to bench 145 on monday so i am close to that 150 goal that i set ages ago, i'm gonna start doin the military press next week so i hope to make some progress with that, looking to hit 135 for reps
Old 03-11-2010, 05:32 PM
Middleweight

I got some choc nut whey from myprotein today that stuff tastes like drinking a cadburys choc nut bar, it's delicious
Old 03-11-2010, 10:22 PM
Middleweight

i've tried all the flavours, i settled on cookies and cream. which whey did you buy?
Old 03-12-2010, 12:19 AM
Middleweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmkeehn View Post
Having some good workouts man! Good progression on deadlifts and squats, PR's for both in the same week! Keep it up
Thanks for the encouragment. i intend on hitting another PR for deadlifts tomorrow. I am unstoppable as also seen today

-----------------------------------------------

Day 31. non linear split
hypertrophy military. 03/11/2010

Standing OH press
88x11 (PR)
88x9
82.5x8

Upright Rows
70x13
70x11
70x10

Db Single arm front raises
20'sx13
20'sx11x2

Cable Tricep pushdowns
111x15
122x13
122x12

I went to the doctors and described my shoulder problem and my doctor said if it hurts doing only certain exercises then dont do them for 2 weeks. As for everything else ive been adviced not to go overboard and to take things easy (yeah ok!)
I have been diagnosed with nothing but mystery shoulder joint pain / possible tendonitis, but symptoms are minor and it should ease up with rest so no CGBP or Dips for 2 weeks :'(

Todays workout went well. i prefer doing standing OH press to seated military despite slightly lower reps this time round, still a PR weight for standing press atleast . Blitzing my shoulders with front raises felt very good. I intend on doing more isolation like this on hypertrophy days especially when i do my cut as im going to aim for insane vascularity and conditioning over the summer months.
Tricep pressdowns i suprised myself on, havent done them for 4 months and i stacked the cable weights (100 lb) and had to add more.

Deadlift tomorrow and im well in the mood for some serious weight. going for a 5/3/1 scheme and a nice PR going to try between 280.5 to 291.5, see how i feel after the 5 reps and 3 reps and take it from there. theoretically i should be able to hit 297 but i'll work up to that over the next few weeks.

Last edited by Gregsimo; 03-12-2010 at 12:22 AM.
Old 03-12-2010, 12:53 AM
GodsGladiator is getting RIPPED
Super-Heavyweight

Quote:
I went to the doctors and described my shoulder problem and my doctor said if it hurts doing only certain exercises then dont do them for 2 weeks. As for everything else ive been adviced not to go overboard and to take things easy (yeah ok!)
I have been diagnosed with nothing but mystery shoulder joint pain / possible tendonitis, but symptoms are minor and it should ease up with rest so no CGBP or Dips for 2 weeks :'(
if you dont trust your doctor's reccomendations, then why go to him? dont know about you but some of us cant afford to be out with an injury that will take 2-3x as long to heal than 2 weeks of taking it easy that your doctor reccomended. its really up to you, not worth it to me... goodluck
Blood & Guts
1 John 4:19 We love because he first loved us.

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h206/mikeythatsnice/teamsters.jpg
Old 03-12-2010, 01:04 AM
Middleweight

i'm still not sure myself, my doctor is usually spot on as ive had the same one my whole life. just seems like ive been fobbed off like im a hypochondriac. I'm not feeling any major pain on anything other than dips and CGBP as for some reason my shoulder clicks when i do those exercises, so i'll just stop doing them for a while and then try them again. As for sitting round doing nothing it only hurts if i move suddenly and aches for 10-15 mins thereafter.my major concerns about the pain have gone as the x ray showed nothing out of the ordinary and my pain symptoms dont suggest a pull or strain, they dont think it is a trapped nerve or anything either due to lack of further symptoms to suggest it. so its a complete mystery lol
Old 03-12-2010, 09:11 AM
Middleweight

Quote:
i've tried all the flavours, i settled on cookies and cream. which whey did you buy?
Myprotein do cookies & cream? I got the impact whey choc nut flavour, tastes delicious, i got so bored of plain chocolate but i could drink this all day long.
Old 03-12-2010, 10:39 AM
Middleweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellingham View Post
Myprotein do cookies & cream? I got the impact whey choc nut flavour, tastes delicious, i got so bored of plain chocolate but i could drink this all day long.
I buy the MP max total whey, i find it bloats me less than the normal impact whey and the leucine content in it is 10.6g per 100g of protein so per 2 scoops im over the ideal threashold. im not sure of the Amino acid profile for the one you have but im sure its good.
Old 03-13-2010, 04:13 PM
Middleweight

Day 32. non linear split
Deadlift. 03/12/2010

Deadlift
264x5
275x3
291.5x1 (PR)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvINZMvhhQI

Pendlay Row
132x8x3

Hyperextentions
22x14
22x12x2

Hammer curls
30'sx13
30'sx11
30'sx8

Deadlifts were amazing today, my 1RM PR went up so easy, ive got another 20lb in the tank, if not more so im really happy. I had a different spotter with me today, he knows his stuff on the main lifts and is helping me with my DL technique. I need to get my glutes lower on setup and make sure my shoulders are level with or behind the bar, as a result he has suggested i will probably be able to lift more weight sumo style but over the coming weeks im going to work on normal stance DL's and hopefully increase my poundages into the 320-330 range.
The rest of the workout i was still on a high and it went very smoothly.

-------------------------------------

Day 33. non linear split
DE bench press. 03/13/2010

DE bench press
99x3x8 (50% of 1RM)

Db Rear delts
22x11
20x12
20x11

Reverse wrist curls w/ behind back wrist curls
25x15/90x13
25x14/80x12
25x12/80x11
+ hung from a pullup bar for 40 seconds straight after my final forearm set.

Speed bench was very explosive and felt good, rear delts were tough work as i have reduced my rest times to 90 seconds for all assistance work. Forearms were so pumped i had trouble taking the handbrake off on my car, i love this superset! Well deserved day off tomorrow.

Last edited by Gregsimo; 03-13-2010 at 05:16 PM.