The Trial of Dedication, a workout journal. - Page 7 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Online Training Journal

Notices

Old 04-05-2012, 07:02 AM
Algavinn is transforming myself and others into avatars of health.
Middleweight

30 minutes yoga.

"We must not forget that even in the most perverted and cruel human being, as long as he is human, a small grain of love and compassion exists that will make him, one day, a Buddha." -Dalai Lama

Thrivebodybalance.com
Old 04-07-2012, 04:05 AM
Middleweight

Lowest workout desire EVER. Went anyway, but only did half a half assed workout.

warmup full body light weights ~15 reps each.

1x15x180 Leg press (one leg)
1x15x310 Leg press
1x12x140 Lat pulldown
1x8x160 Lat pulldown
1x12x110 Bench
1x12x120 Bench
1x12x90 Pec fly
1x8x90 Pec fly
1x12x90 Tricep pulldown
1x8x60 Reverse Tricep pulldown
2x12x50 Good mornings
2x12x10's Dynamic Delts
1x12x35 Dumbbell curls
1x8x35 Dumbell curls
1x6x35 Dumbell Curls
1x20x25 Dumbell Curls (rest pause)

18,000lbs volume even.

In an hour or a bit more, I will do an hour of yoga.

"We must not forget that even in the most perverted and cruel human being, as long as he is human, a small grain of love and compassion exists that will make him, one day, a Buddha." -Dalai Lama

Thrivebodybalance.com

Last edited by Algavinn; 04-25-2012 at 11:27 PM.
Old 04-12-2012, 10:11 AM
Middleweight

Have had really bad insomnia this week, several nights no sleep until 9-11am, but I hope to get into the gym tomorrow anyway. Tonight just 20 minutes cardio; inverted poses while on xanax is interesting.

Thrivebodybalance.com
Old 04-23-2012, 12:07 PM
Middleweight

All I have to say is meh. Trash sleep as I had 4 hours sleep, 12 hours away, 4/12/4/12 for a week. Now converting to graveyard shift.

30 mins yoga yesterday, 20 minutes today but will hit another 20 minute session in a few hours when the woman gets home.

Thrivebodybalance.com
Old 04-25-2012, 11:21 PM
Middleweight

I mailed in my LA fitness cancellation form, so that will go through in 10 days or whatever. I still have that time though, and possibly I already paid for the 'last month' so I may try to get in here and there as able to squeeze out some leg days, like I did today. Today was excruciating, but not in the way I'd prefer. I'm working graveyard at the moment, so my bed time is around 10am-2pm depending, and today I had an appointment at 2pm, and hit the gym around 2:45-3. It was like the average person working out at 2-3am with very little sleep the night before. Barely made it out, glad I'm not ER bound, which is quite possible for me in these situations. Food, then straight to bed is in my future, once I rest enough to get up and make a small meal (PWO shake already consumed, **** hemp protein got on my shirt, looks like sand).

So the workout was NOT NEARLY full energy, to say the least, but at least I got my hamstrings a bit, which I don't really hit at my apartment gym, as well as hip adductor/abductor. Overall, worthwhile.

Warmup Legpress set: 1x15x400
1x12x480
1x10x495
1x8x495
(max on the cable based machine, will switch to weighted machines next time to get a worthwhile weight with hack squats instead of these very limiting machines, but I wasnt all in it today)
20670lbs

Leg Curls:
2x9x125
2250lbs

Leg Extensions:
2x8x160
2560lbs

Hip Adductors:
1x15x130
1950lbs

Hip Abductors:
1x15x200
3000lbs

Torso weight ab/hyper extension structure: 10-10
~2000lbs

Total weight volume: 32420. Next session goal 50,000lbs+ with hack squat as main lift.

All together a very minimal workout, but at least I hit some stuff I am not usually able to get at, not to mention the fact that I worked out at all in my ***ked up health life. Glad to see these weights are easy as hell for me at least, even when I am just plain messed up. If only I could lift regularly...On the plus side, I moved in with my girlfriend and I am moving over my exercise bike tomorrow I believe so I can hit cardio every day instead of being limited because of the apartment gyms hours not being in sync with graveyard shift.

Thrivebodybalance.com
Old 04-26-2012, 01:42 PM
Middleweight

So, I am returning to a split instead of my 3 day a week full body setup, which I am not being able to stick to recently anyway. I am going to do a 3 day on one day off split mostly designed to be done at home with my own weights, with some help from my light weight apartment gym when I am awake during their operating hours.

Day one: legs
Day two: back/shoulders/arms
Day three: abs
Day four: rest

Essentially all days will include yoga, mostly sticking to poses that don't heavily affect the body part worked that day (aka no real standing poses like warrior or chair on leg days, no downward dogs on shoulder day, etc.) though I will use some asanas like boat pose in my workouts (like abs), as well as daily cycling in-doors. I will likely be doing one 4 day cycle based on hypertrophy rep ranges where possible, and endurance lifts for the rest. The occasional strength day for my upper body at least is also a likelihood. I can't really work leg strength directly in 1-4 rep sets for purposes of keeping my lower back and joints safe, on top of the fact that I don't need it. When you can leg press 400lbs about 50 reps a set, and get past 800-1000lbs as a max, I don't consider strength gaining all that important.

Legs: These will be done primarily in the home due to the weak resources available at my apartment gym. A typical workout may look like this-

-Leg Press-one or two sets (the max weight, some 320lbs), legs far apart, toes out, feet up for maximum effects on inner thigh and hamstrings.
-Ski Squat, 2-4 sets (50-100lbs)
-Straight/Standard Deadlifts, 2-4 sets (50lbs)

I am not working on strength right now, but a bit of bulking, rehabilitation and lots of endurance. Weights will be lower to be careful with my back (and I only have so much weight on hand). Calves will be essentially ignored, yoga does enough for them aside from any secondary effects from the above lifts.

Arms/Chest/Back/Shoulders: My main weakness is my lower back, so light building work will be done for that, everything else is just again for metabolic bulk and endurance.

-Straight Bench 3-4 sets
-Lat Pulldowns 3-4 sets
-Pec Fly 2-4 sets
-Tricep Rope Or Wide Bar Pushdowns 3-4 sets
-Cable Reverse/Curls OR Wall EZ Bar Curls 3-4 sets
-Hammer Curls 3-4 sets
-Hyperextensions OR Good Mornings 2-3 sets
-Military Press OR Arnold Press 2-3 sets
-Dynamic (circle) Laterals OR Alternate 2 sets

Abs: One place I definitely need some redevelopment, especially as I really want to work on my lower back so need a good balance. Will be hitting abs fairly heavy mixed with a day of just a ****e ton of yoga and cardio if possible.

-Crunches, Either weighted (25lbs) or body weight endurance 2-3 sets
-Side Crunches, for obliques, either weighted or body weight 1-2 sets
-Front And Side Leg Lifts 1-2 sets
-Boat Pose 30-60 seconds 1-2 sets
-Possible Lemon Squeezers and other TKD death

Thrivebodybalance.com
Old 04-28-2012, 02:37 PM
Middleweight

Hour of cardio yesterday, too messed up for lifting.

Thrivebodybalance.com
Old 04-30-2012, 11:17 AM
Middleweight

30 minutes of cardio yesterday, 2 hours today at 24 miles, ~484 calories. Intending on yoga after some lunch.

Thrivebodybalance.com
Old 05-01-2012, 12:42 PM
Middleweight

Bent Rows:
3x8x120? (I forget how much my EZ bar weighs) Had to take it easy due to back issues

Pushups:
5x20xbodyweight

Arnold Press:
2x12x25's

Barbell Curls:
3x6-5-4x90

Reverse Barbell Curls:
2x12x50

Dynamic Delt Laterals:
2x10x10

Dumbbell Pec Flies:
1x20x15's (Light light I know, but eh. Wish I had access to the gym this early in the morning)

Dumbbell Hammer Curls:
1x8x25's

Thrivebodybalance.com
Old 05-02-2012, 01:38 PM
Middleweight

Cardio, cycling, 75 minutes, 15.3 miles, ~315 calories. Very low intensity.

Thrivebodybalance.com