The Trial of Dedication, a workout journal. - Page 6 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Online Training Journal

Notices

Old 02-24-2012, 03:03 AM
Algavinn is transforming myself and others into avatars of health.
Middleweight

I finally got into the gym today after nearly a week without being able to get to the weights. Every day is a fatigue day but the heat in the gym (it's directly connected to the saunas, its always boiling) was just too much. I had to really limit myself and I left several sets early. Overall I was pretty happy though, I hit most of my body pretty well, and I can already see strength and endurance increases as my body remembers what the hell I'm doing to it.

Also I tried a vega (very excellent vegan sports brand, created by a world champion vegan triathelete) endurance rehydration powder for my during workout drink...my god not only was it unpleasant, I felt like I was drinking salt. This is part of the reason why I had to quit short. I won't be doing that again. Momentarily I will try the recovery gel though, dates and electrolytes mostly. Much higher hopes for that. Also hoping my protein shake in the fridge is still good from a few days ago...

Numbers are again, approximate but I tend to have a good memory for my sets and reps. Next time I will bring my log.

leg press
1x25x315
1x15x315

lat pulldown
1x15x130
1x12x130 reverse

bench
1x12x130

pec fly
1x15x100
1x12x100

bicep bar curl
1x20x40 reverse
1x12x60

tricep pull down
1x12x60 reverse
1x12x90

"We must not forget that even in the most perverted and cruel human being, as long as he is human, a small grain of love and compassion exists that will make him, one day, a Buddha." -Dalai Lama

Thrivebodybalance.com
Old 02-24-2012, 08:09 PM
Middleweight

Just a morning update, my legs are utterly trashed! I had the hardest time walking last night, especially stairs. This morning it's just painful! The two sets I did didn't feel too intense at the time, but that 25 rep set just trashed my legs. I could have done another 10 reps at least, wasn't near failure, but it certainly was effective.

Today was to be cardio and yoga, but we'll see how my legs can handle either of that even at its gentlest.

"We must not forget that even in the most perverted and cruel human being, as long as he is human, a small grain of love and compassion exists that will make him, one day, a Buddha." -Dalai Lama

Thrivebodybalance.com
Old 03-19-2012, 09:39 AM
Middleweight

Lots of things getting in the way of lifting, primarily a few days of complete insomnia, and then the resulting schedule that doesnt let me catch gyms during their open hours. Either way, been continuing yoga and cycling. We're doing long hikes every friday or saturday for the most part, 5+miles each.

I've noticed as I get back into shape my outer quads are far more developed, so going to have to focus on the inner.

Tonight, 20 minutes yoga (35 mins last night), 1 hour cycling (13 miles, 300 calories, low intensity).

Thrivebodybalance.com
Old 03-23-2012, 09:33 AM
Middleweight

30 mins yoga last night, 20 mins tonight, and 60 minutes cycling tonight (12 miles, 250 calories).

Thrivebodybalance.com
Old 03-26-2012, 08:25 PM
Middleweight

20 minutes yoga last night, 20-30 on the 24th. Couldnt get out to a hike yesterday just too **** exhausted, these sleep schedule changes are wrecking me, but oh well. 3 weeks out of the gym, legs, I will destroy you soon!

Thrivebodybalance.com
Old 03-29-2012, 10:14 AM
Middleweight

60 minutes yoga, 10 minutes forms.

Thrivebodybalance.com
Old 03-30-2012, 11:26 AM
Middleweight

1.5 hours yoga, 1 hour of it intense. Been trying new yoga DVD's from netflix and buying the ones I like for home practices and I found one that really fits my current challenge level so I'm going to have to snag it.

Thrivebodybalance.com
Old 04-02-2012, 02:00 AM
Middleweight

First time lifting in a month, and I do like to start things with fervor...I started as I often do with leg press, last time I did a set of 25 and a set of 15 of my apartment gyms max after a couple weeks off and it destroyed me and my legs. Today, I did a not particularly difficult 50 set, however I'm sitting on my couch trying not to throw up and pass out, something I've managed not to do for quite a few years. Its good to see that in the absence of lifting, yoga is keeping my legs strong.

50x1x315 Seated legpress (15750)
2x15-12x120 Lat pulldown (3240)
2x15-10x100 bench press (2500)
1x15x90 pec fly (1350)
1x15x60 tricep cable pull down (900)

23740lbs lifted. I think its time to start measuring the weights of my exercises to get a general idea of the volumes I'm hitting in a fashion.

So, pretty **** short workout. I was going to hit ab work, dumbbell curls and good mornings here at home, and perhaps later I will, but for now I'm just going to try no to vomit and go to the ER as I'm known to do (though not from lifting, but this will do it if im not careful).

Thrivebodybalance.com
Old 04-03-2012, 10:54 AM
Middleweight

Just a calm 60 minute cardio session tonight. 12 miles, 270 calories. Tomorrow I think I'll hit biceps, delts, erectors, and hamstrings (curls, laterals, and good mornings) as I missed these in yesterdays session, and I'll hit some god yoga as well.

Not too sore from yesterdays monster set. Next time though I'll have to start doing one legged presses to have enough weight to improve strength.

Thrivebodybalance.com
Old 04-04-2012, 08:37 AM
Middleweight

40 minutes yoga, 10 minutes forms.

Thrivebodybalance.com