The Trial of Dedication, a workout journal. - Page 3 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Online Training Journal

Notices

Old 01-19-2010, 03:41 AM
Algavinn is transforming myself and others into avatars of health.
Middleweight

Getting into the habit of cardio, even those times (like tonight), when I positively absolutely don't want to go. Despite that, intensity and stamina is increasing very much. Spent 20 mins tonight on a speed I used to do only in minute increments, 10 minutes at my old high-average speed, and one good sprint. Hopefully this will start having a considerable impact on my ability to sleep, and my metabolism (DIE FAT DIE). I rest for a while and then make some delicious seared salmon and steamed broccoli.

"We must not forget that even in the most perverted and cruel human being, as long as he is human, a small grain of love and compassion exists that will make him, one day, a Buddha." -Dalai Lama

Thrivebodybalance.com
Old 01-31-2010, 11:21 AM
Middleweight

Insomnia has been getting worse despite exercise...just trying to keep it going. Actually hit the treadmill for the first time in over 6 months the other day. Wasn't too hard but hurt my stabilizers in my abs and lower back, still sore days later. Probably not the best idea for my lower back at this time. Just gonna keep to the bike for metabolism and fitness.

Small but drawn out lazy home bicep workout.
1x20x25 Hammer
3x15x25
2x12x25
1x20x15 Curl

"We must not forget that even in the most perverted and cruel human being, as long as he is human, a small grain of love and compassion exists that will make him, one day, a Buddha." -Dalai Lama

Thrivebodybalance.com
Old 02-02-2010, 02:21 AM
Middleweight

terribly sleep deprived but did a bit anyway...

20 mins light cardio
3x12x110 Leg Extension
3x12/12/8x100 Leg Curl
1x20x120 adductor
1x15x90 abductor

Thrivebodybalance.com
Old 02-13-2010, 06:55 AM
Middleweight

moderately short bicep work. Fairly out of lifting shape at this point.

Lat pulldowns:
1x12x150
2x12x135
Cable Triceps (one super set with the below):
3x12x100/90/80
Cable Curl:
3/3x8x90/80/70/70/70
1x20x50

25 mins cardio

Thrivebodybalance.com
Old 02-14-2010, 01:14 AM
Middleweight

Apparently my legs stayed in better condition than I expected. The cardio must have helped quite a bit. Some lower back discomfort when I took it above 500, so I kept it light tonight. Some time again before I move for 1k I think. Oh well, metabolism is the goal for now.

Leg Press
2x8x280+machine
5x8x360+
1x8x450+

Leg Curl
4x12x120

Adductor
1x35x90

Abductor
1x30x120

Thrivebodybalance.com
Old 02-17-2010, 11:31 PM
Middleweight

Short leg day.

Leg Press:
4x8x270+machine (high angle)

Leg Curl:
2x25/15x100

Abductor:
1x12x180

Adductor:
1x15x120

calve extension:
1x25x160 (pneumatic)

Thrivebodybalance.com
Old 03-02-2010, 01:54 AM
Middleweight

Not fully sure what I lifted today, usually I have a better head for my lifting numbers even if it was from the day before with no notes. Oh well. Cut very short due to my own schedule, and my gym partners.

5-6x8x150 Seated Row
2x12x190 Seated Dips Machine
4x10x255 Seated Dips Machine

Thrivebodybalance.com
Old 03-08-2010, 03:19 AM
Middleweight

This last week has been great getting back into exercise. I've hit up the gym 6/7 days, though 5 of these were cardio just getting myself active, healthy, and working towards conditioning and metabolism. I'll be hitting a leg day tomorrow (after following a terrible terrible potluck of cookies and donuts!) and my back and arms Wednesday. Just because of my gym attendance my diet has gotten loads better, and other than generally feeling better, I'm hoping to see some good results soon.

Thrivebodybalance.com
Old 03-24-2010, 03:13 AM
Middleweight

pretty effective lazy home workout at killing my quads, kinda hard on the joints in the end, but worth it.

Stair sprints:
4X8

Leaps
5X12
1x5

Thrivebodybalance.com
Old 11-16-2010, 08:23 AM
Middleweight

To comment on my last post lol...it was not worth it. It tore one of my calves minorly and took weeks to heal because I wouldn't let up long enough for it to heal quickly.

To update, though, I'm finally back in the gym lifting normally after 6 months or so as I've dedicated my exercise to the martial arts (taekwondo), as well as due to some hand injuries, and so don't lift often with my legs in order to keep them primed for my time in the do jang. However, I've taken 3 weeks off and I'm hitting the weights hard for strength and endurance, and piling on HIIT cardio until I get back to the academy in another 2 weeks. Today was my first leg lifting session in those many months for the most part. I'm still in good shape, but **** I'm not used to weight bearing exercises other than lifting some one off the ground with a kick! Looking forward to the results from this cycle of lifting. Today was mostly just weight range finding and getting my feet wet once more after a couple weeks of being sick and recovering from competition.

Leg Extensions:
1x150x8
2x8x160

Leg Curl
3x6x150

Adductor
3x15x190 (Machine is maxed, can't get lower rep ranges)

Abductor
3x6x140

Calve Raises
1x20x230
1x25x250

These were all completed in a circuit fashion. Next time volume and weight increases, with warmup and cool down sets of higher volume (15-20reps).

Thrivebodybalance.com