what whey protein do you take? - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Supplement Reviews

Notices

Old 05-29-2009, 05:36 PM
Ellingham is getting lean
Middleweight

Default what whey protein do you take?

as the title says, what whey protein do you take and why? also how much do you take a day?
Old 05-29-2009, 05:53 PM
icehawk is .
Light-Heavyweight

I take in WPC because it's cheaper than isolate. Brand doesn't matter that much; just what's on sale at the moment. Right now I have EAS chocolate and American Whey vanilla.

I'll take two scoops in the morning for breakfast (got so sick of eating eggs) and two scoops post-workout.

For breakfast, I'll blend the chocolate with two servings of raw oats, a banana, some natty PB, water, and ice. After my workout, I'll take the vanilla with fruit punch flavoured waxy maize (80g) and creatine (5g) if I'm on it.

I'll also take one more scoop if I don't get enough protein for one meal... ie., I'm eating dinner at my gf's parent's house and they make a pasta with hardly any meat in it... When I go home, I'll have a scoop to make up for it.

So it works out to about 4-5 scoops a day... 85-110 grams of protein.

Last edited by icehawk; 05-29-2009 at 10:20 PM.
Old 05-29-2009, 06:16 PM
Middleweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehawk View Post
I take in WPC because it's cheaper than isolate. Brand doesn't matter that much; just what's on sale at the moment. Right now I have EAS chocolate and American Whey vanilla.

I'll take two scoops in the morning for breakfast (got so sick of eating eggs) and two scoops post-workout.

For breakfast, I'll blend the chocolate with two servings of raw oats, a banana, some natty PB, water, and ice. After my workout, I'll take the vanilla with fruit punch flavoured waxy maize and creatine if I'm on it.

I'll also take one more scoop if I don't get enough protein for one meal... ie., I'm eating dinner at my gf's parent's house and they make a pasta with hardly any meat in it... When I go home, I'll have a scoop to make up for it.

So it works out to about 4-5 scoops a day... 85-110 grams of protein.
thanks for all the information very helpful, just out off curiosity how much do you weigh?
Old 05-29-2009, 06:46 PM
Chee is back on the grind!
Bantamweight

I like Optimum Nutrition and Champion Nutrition. My favorite flavors for each, in order are;

Optimum: Choc Mint, Caramel Toffee Fudge, Strawberry, Choc
Champion: Cookies & Cream, Banana, Mocha, Choc

ON Choc Mint is my fave all time. CN Cookies & Cream is definitely close.

I have 6 scoops a day. 2 for breakfast (whey & oats shake), 2 pre workout shake (whey & oats, or just whey on low carb days), and 2 in post workout shake (window of opportunity guidelines).

My other 3 meals consist of whole foods that can be found in the bodybuilders grocery list.

Goal: 185, Made it!!! Time to pack on some muscle although I am at my personal best in every lift!!
Old 05-29-2009, 09:35 PM
TonyTheTiger is eating
Rookie

Not to be rude, but I have noticed you recently started threads on probably 3 of the most commonly discussed topics You should consider using the search and then bumping an old thread if your questions are still unanswered.
Old 05-29-2009, 10:21 PM
icehawk is .
Light-Heavyweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellingham View Post
thanks for all the information very helpful, just out off curiosity how much do you weigh?
190-195.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx - it wouldnt let me post unless i wrote more
Old 05-30-2009, 03:27 PM
J4ke is shreddin' da iron jungle

ON is a good protein but this is the same thing just a lot cheaper, BCAAs and everything (why I use it over ON).
http://www.allstarhealth.com/f/dymat...nstantized.htm

and for all you "men" crying about flavor (it's a supplement not a steak dinner...) this taste just as good as ON.

I use it in the morning for breakfast, scoop of protein, cup of whole milk (bulking), ice, naty pb, banana (along with my bowl of oats & blueberries), then for prework out, scoop of protein and water, and finally postwork out, scoop of protein, water, oats.

Last edited by J4ke; 05-30-2009 at 03:33 PM.
Old 05-30-2009, 04:46 PM
Middleweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by J4ke View Post
ON is a good protein but this is the same thing just a lot cheaper, BCAAs and everything (why I use it over ON).
http://www.allstarhealth.com/f/dymat...nstantized.htm

and for all you "men" crying about flavor (it's a supplement not a steak dinner...) this taste just as good as ON.

I use it in the morning for breakfast, scoop of protein, cup of whole milk (bulking), ice, naty pb, banana (along with my bowl of oats & blueberries), then for prework out, scoop of protein and water, and finally postwork out, scoop of protein, water, oats.
quick question, how comes you include oats in your post workout and not pre workout?
thanks for all the info though m8 it has helped alot.
Old 05-30-2009, 06:29 PM
Chee is back on the grind!
Bantamweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellingham View Post
quick question, how comes you include oats in your post workout and not pre workout?
thanks for all the info though m8 it has helped alot.
I think that was a typo. My apologies if not.

Oats are not the best carb to take post workout due to it being a very slow digesting carb. That is the time when you want very fast digesting carbs (maltodextrin & dextrose). Oats for pre workout are awesome since they release a slow and steady form of energy.

Goal: 185, Made it!!! Time to pack on some muscle although I am at my personal best in every lift!!
Old 05-30-2009, 06:48 PM
spider-man is BACK!!!!!!!! wait.... where'd i go?
Light-Heavyweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by J4ke View Post

16oz skim milk
4 raw whole eggs all in one blender with NOTHIN ELSE!!!

.....yummy...barf...