what whey protein do you take? - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Supplement Reviews

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 05-29-2009, 05:36 PM
Ellingham's Avatar
Ellingham Ellingham is offline
Ellingham is getting lean
Middleweight
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: London
Posts: 681
Default what whey protein do you take?

as the title says, what whey protein do you take and why? also how much do you take a day?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-29-2009, 05:53 PM
icehawk icehawk is offline
icehawk is .
Light-Heavyweight
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Ontariharihario
Posts: 1,300
Default

I take in WPC because it's cheaper than isolate. Brand doesn't matter that much; just what's on sale at the moment. Right now I have EAS chocolate and American Whey vanilla.

I'll take two scoops in the morning for breakfast (got so sick of eating eggs) and two scoops post-workout.

For breakfast, I'll blend the chocolate with two servings of raw oats, a banana, some natty PB, water, and ice. After my workout, I'll take the vanilla with fruit punch flavoured waxy maize (80g) and creatine (5g) if I'm on it.

I'll also take one more scoop if I don't get enough protein for one meal... ie., I'm eating dinner at my gf's parent's house and they make a pasta with hardly any meat in it... When I go home, I'll have a scoop to make up for it.

So it works out to about 4-5 scoops a day... 85-110 grams of protein.

Last edited by icehawk; 05-29-2009 at 10:20 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-29-2009, 06:16 PM
Ellingham's Avatar
Ellingham Ellingham is offline
Ellingham is getting lean
Middleweight
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: London
Posts: 681
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehawk View Post
I take in WPC because it's cheaper than isolate. Brand doesn't matter that much; just what's on sale at the moment. Right now I have EAS chocolate and American Whey vanilla.

I'll take two scoops in the morning for breakfast (got so sick of eating eggs) and two scoops post-workout.

For breakfast, I'll blend the chocolate with two servings of raw oats, a banana, some natty PB, water, and ice. After my workout, I'll take the vanilla with fruit punch flavoured waxy maize and creatine if I'm on it.

I'll also take one more scoop if I don't get enough protein for one meal... ie., I'm eating dinner at my gf's parent's house and they make a pasta with hardly any meat in it... When I go home, I'll have a scoop to make up for it.

So it works out to about 4-5 scoops a day... 85-110 grams of protein.
thanks for all the information very helpful, just out off curiosity how much do you weigh?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-29-2009, 06:46 PM
Chee Chee is offline
Chee is back on the grind!
Bantamweight
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Virginia
Posts: 294
Default

I like Optimum Nutrition and Champion Nutrition. My favorite flavors for each, in order are;

Optimum: Choc Mint, Caramel Toffee Fudge, Strawberry, Choc
Champion: Cookies & Cream, Banana, Mocha, Choc

ON Choc Mint is my fave all time. CN Cookies & Cream is definitely close.

I have 6 scoops a day. 2 for breakfast (whey & oats shake), 2 pre workout shake (whey & oats, or just whey on low carb days), and 2 in post workout shake (window of opportunity guidelines).

My other 3 meals consist of whole foods that can be found in the bodybuilders grocery list.
__________________
Height: 6'4"
Weight: 182.4 lbs. from 258.6
Age: 26

Goal: 185, Made it!!! Time to pack on some muscle although I am at my personal best in every lift!!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-29-2009, 09:35 PM
TonyTheTiger's Avatar
TonyTheTiger TonyTheTiger is offline
TonyTheTiger is eating
Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 146
Default

Not to be rude, but I have noticed you recently started threads on probably 3 of the most commonly discussed topics You should consider using the search and then bumping an old thread if your questions are still unanswered.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-29-2009, 10:21 PM
icehawk icehawk is offline
icehawk is .
Light-Heavyweight
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Ontariharihario
Posts: 1,300
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellingham View Post
thanks for all the information very helpful, just out off curiosity how much do you weigh?
190-195.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx - it wouldnt let me post unless i wrote more
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-30-2009, 03:27 PM
J4ke's Avatar
J4ke J4ke is offline
J4ke is shreddin' da iron jungle
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Washington State
Posts: 69
Default

ON is a good protein but this is the same thing just a lot cheaper, BCAAs and everything (why I use it over ON).
http://www.allstarhealth.com/f/dymat...nstantized.htm

and for all you "men" crying about flavor (it's a supplement not a steak dinner...) this taste just as good as ON.

I use it in the morning for breakfast, scoop of protein, cup of whole milk (bulking), ice, naty pb, banana (along with my bowl of oats & blueberries), then for prework out, scoop of protein and water, and finally postwork out, scoop of protein, water, oats.
__________________
Every time you use a muscletech product god kills a kitten!!

Last edited by J4ke; 05-30-2009 at 03:33 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-30-2009, 04:46 PM
Ellingham's Avatar
Ellingham Ellingham is offline
Ellingham is getting lean
Middleweight
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: London
Posts: 681
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J4ke View Post
ON is a good protein but this is the same thing just a lot cheaper, BCAAs and everything (why I use it over ON).
http://www.allstarhealth.com/f/dymat...nstantized.htm

and for all you "men" crying about flavor (it's a supplement not a steak dinner...) this taste just as good as ON.

I use it in the morning for breakfast, scoop of protein, cup of whole milk (bulking), ice, naty pb, banana (along with my bowl of oats & blueberries), then for prework out, scoop of protein and water, and finally postwork out, scoop of protein, water, oats.
quick question, how comes you include oats in your post workout and not pre workout?
thanks for all the info though m8 it has helped alot.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-30-2009, 06:29 PM
Chee Chee is offline
Chee is back on the grind!
Bantamweight
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Virginia
Posts: 294
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellingham View Post
quick question, how comes you include oats in your post workout and not pre workout?
thanks for all the info though m8 it has helped alot.
I think that was a typo. My apologies if not.

Oats are not the best carb to take post workout due to it being a very slow digesting carb. That is the time when you want very fast digesting carbs (maltodextrin & dextrose). Oats for pre workout are awesome since they release a slow and steady form of energy.
__________________
Height: 6'4"
Weight: 182.4 lbs. from 258.6
Age: 26

Goal: 185, Made it!!! Time to pack on some muscle although I am at my personal best in every lift!!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-30-2009, 06:48 PM
spider-man spider-man is offline
spider-man is BACK!!!!!!!! wait.... where'd i go?
Light-Heavyweight
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Chandler, Arizona
Posts: 1,818
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J4ke View Post

and for all you "men" crying about flavor (it's a supplement not a steak dinner...) this taste just as good as ON.

.
16oz skim milk
4 raw whole eggs all in one blender with NOTHIN ELSE!!!

.....yummy...barf...
__________________
Behold, I say unto you, many are called, but few are chosen.....
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:58 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.